Bayda / Brookbank - Sutter - LaRose

Gleason - Pitkanen

Corvo - Seidenberg

Kaberle - Wallin

Babchuk

Ward

Leighton

---

I would even replace Bayda with Brookbank on some nights. Enforcers are needed in hockey some game nights...

Whitney - Staal - Ruutu

Samsonov - Cullen - Williams

Eaves - Brind'Amour - Walker

Bayda / Brookbank - Sutter - LaRose

Gleason - Pitkanen

Corvo - Seidenberg

Kaberle - Wallin

Babchuk

Ward

Leighton

---

I would even replace Bayda with Brookbank on some nights. Enforcers are needed in hockey some game nights...

I wish the coaches would do just as you say, play Brookbank on "some" nights...Nights like Washington, Philly, NYR, ect...teams with guys worth worrying about (Brashear, Orr, Cote, Hartnell, Callahan...)

According to Tripp(Albert Einstein) Tracey, the Canes have the best depth at center in the league. Now realistically, they have two veterans coming off major injuries maning the 2nd and 3rd line. These players are not the same as they were before hand, and in Brindy's case, he is looking every bit of 39. I don't know if a shake up of Cullen and Brindy will really make that much of a difference.

I really don't consider Walker a 1st or 2nd liner. He is much more of an energy player and he simply doesn't have the amount of skill with the puck as Ruutu, Whitney, etc. Also, I don't think Eaves deserves to be on the 4th line. It's hard to believe the small amount of points he has after how well he has been playing.

Samsonov-Staal-Ruutu

Williams-Brindamour-Whitney

Eaves-Cullen-Walker

Larose-Sutter-Bayda

Pitkanen-Gleason

Corvo-Kaberle (We need to give Kaberle a good linemate - not Babchuk)

Seidenberg-Wallin

I really don't understand why they haven't put Williams with Brindamour already, before his injury Williams played about 95% of his shifts with Brindy. It only seems to make sense to put them back together. Also, I don't think we should view each line as 1st through 4th. The ice time needs to be evened out over each line.

Looks like a winner - I think Brindy and Williams both making good progress coming back and when that line starts rolling Canes are gonna be tough.

Despite his age and popular opinion - IMO playing #17 more will speed his recovery.

Liking those D pairings also - get the feeling that Kaberle will be here to stay given the injuries but its good to see Babchuk starting to gain some confidence.

Samsonov Staal Ruutu

Whitney Cullen Williams

LaRose Brind'Amour Walker

Bayda Sutter Eaves

Pitkanen Seidenberg

Gleason Corvo

Babchuk Wallin

Exactly my thoughts on the forwards - would rather see Kabs than Babs however

I wrote an article on the link below about brindy and moving him down to the third line.

Exactly my thoughts on the forwards - would rather see Kabs than Babs however

I wrote an article on the link below about brindy and moving him down to the third line.

Good blog GolfPro. You make some good points and overall observation. I don't think he is injured because he hasn't been the same since the Cup. I wish it was the case but doubt it. We said last year when he struggled it was due to the loss of Williams. Then we claimed he was playing with an injured ankle as well. I can't pinpoint what is happening but to me I think it is more mental than physical. If he was injured I doubt he would be running bleachers.

1st - Samsonov Staal Ruutu

2nd - Whitney Cullen/Brind'Amour Williams

3rd - LaRose Cullen/Brind'Amour Walker

4th - Bayda/BrookBank Sutter Eaves

Pitkanen Seidenberg

Gleason Corvo

Babchuk Wallin

Kaberle Melichar (Extras)

I put Cullen and Brind'Amour on both 2nd and 3rd lines. Whoever is playing the best gets the 2nd line (Currently that would be Cullen)

Bayda and Brookbank can be rotated as needed (Brookbank on nights where toughness is needed)

I'd go with:

Samsonov - Staal - Ruutu

Whitney - Cullen - Williams

Walker - Brindy - LaRose

Eaves - Sutter - Bayda

- Have the 1st line play more than the others, but make the 2nd and 3rd lines play relatively even ice time. We need to try and spark Williams' chemistry with Brindy, but it his time for him to play on the 2nd line. Also I say we go with Eaves/Bayda over Brookbank unless we're playing a team with a few enforcers.

Pitkanen - Gleason

Corvo - Seidenberg

Kaberle(I personally would rather see Borer) - Wallin

Two thoughts.

One: If people want Williams to play with Brind'Amour, the first move should be Brind'Amour down to the third line with Williams. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Williams is getting close. He has rung the pipe a few times. But he has also turned the puck over a few times....maybe we better not put him with Brind'Amour. But seriously, moving Willams up is fine, but moving Brind'Amour down is so obvious it staggers the mind that it has not happened yet. Look, if he gets back to form he can always be moved back up.

Two: I am starting to beleive in Babchuk. He is looking better every game. Yes, it would be nice if he thew that big frame around a little more, but he is basically taking Frank Ole' Kaberle's spot, so nothing really lost there. I think the team's waiving of Kaberle tells you where management comes down on this. Babchuk also has that rocket shot, which has actually come close to the net a couple of times and even went in the other day.

If we want Williams to be back where he was faster, we need to worry less about putting him on the power play and think more heavily about putting back on the PK where he has done so well in the past. I think with that added responsibility, he would step up quicker. It would give him opportunity to get more ice time and it might just help out our lackluster shorthanded play.

And Williams playing with Brind'Amour makes sense because they really are a good tandem, they know where the pass is going to be and they anticipate each other extremely well. Does that mean Williams moves up or Brind'Amour moves down? Williams needs more ice time than he's currently getting, he really does do better when he's not idle on the bench for most of the game, but they don't seem to be willing to give him more ice time. So I guess Brind'Amour moves down, although he is still up there as far as faceoffs go in this league, and Staal, not so much.

If I read the super stats correctly from the TB game and I round off, then EV (i.e.) 5 on 5, Staal got 17 minutes and Sammy and Ruutu got 14 minutes. Cullen got 16 , Walker 15 and Rosie 15. Brindy only got 11 but so did Ray and Justin get only 11 minutes. Sutter, Bayda and Dwyer got 5-4-4 respectively.

HOLY COW!! Brindy minues down and Cullen minutes (Even Strength) up. What this forum has been suggesting all along, let Brindy work it out with 3rd line type minutes and let Cullen get 2nd line minutes.

The thing that bothers me is that Wizard and Justin got 3rd line minutes also.

I still think that Cullen-Williams-Whitney getting 2nd line (EV) minutes, Brindy, Walker and Rosie getting 3rd line minutes with Brindy being used in special situations like important faceoffs is the best balance on this team. Cullen line s/b a scoring type line and Brindy's line (IMHO) would embody a checking type line with Walker and Brindy toughness and Rosie's energy.

Off course, I am assuming that Justin's early return has been successful and he has more or less "returned".

In any event, it is great for the team to have the health where these topics are germaine.

Whoever plays how many minutes in whatever configuration...GO CANES!!!!

I think we should keep Walker and LaRose on the same line, they do seem to feed off one another. I also like Babchuk with Wallin. Babchuk has a monster slap shot and I think he has been playing very well in his last few games. Put Kabs in the press box.

Like seeing Walker on the Cullen line w/ LaRose. Each of those guys have have been fun to watch on the ice, nice to see all three on a line together. Should make for some high energy shifts. Wonder if it will continue??? The change to the Brind'Amour line seemed to yield early fruit! But hey Whitney has been putting up points all year.

I like the lines right now, but I would like to see Eaves be given some more opportunites. I dont see how we will get out the best of him while he is on the 4th line. Id like to hear peoples opinion on Eaves, bust? Or does he still have something left in him and needs a couple more years. Kaberle needs to go, but clearly no one wants him. Ive been impressed with Wallin and Babchuk, they are a great pairing.

I like the lines right now, but I would like to see Eaves be given some more opportunites. I dont see how we will get out the best of him while he is on the 4th line. Id like to hear peoples opinion on Eaves, bust? Or does he still have something left in him and needs a couple more years. Kaberle needs to go, but clearly no one wants him. Ive been impressed with Wallin and Babchuk, they are a great pairing.

I dont think Eaves is a bust yet, and would also like to see him get more chances but honestly I am too happy with our lines right now to demote anyone to the 4th line. Eaves isn't any better than LaRose or Walker so unfortunately he should stay on the 4th line, or possibly in the press box if we need to bring Brookbank in for some "toughness".

also welcome to the boards :)

The lines right now are perfect, chemistry is there on all 4 lines. I really wish the 4th line could see a little more ice time, they look really, really good right now and get chances everytime they're out there.

Walker and LaRose need to stay together. Happy Gilmore and Psycho Scotty are a great pairing, and they seemed to have improved Cullen's chances as well.

I dont think Eaves is a bust yet, and would also like to see him get more chances but honestly I am too happy with our lines right now to demote anyone to the 4th line. Eaves isn't any better than LaRose or Walker so unfortunately he should stay on the 4th line, or possibly in the press box if we need to bring Brookbank in for some "toughness".

also welcome to the boards :)

Thank you, im glad to be here. Its tough being a Canes fan in the Toronto area. Gotta battle with my friends anytime we play the Leafs.

GREAT NEWSS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

In practice Friday at the TD Banknorth Garden, Maurice had Justin Williams and Ray Whitney as the wingers on Matt Cullen's line. Scott Walker and Chad LaRose were working with center Rod Brind'Amour.

"Moving it around," Maurice said. "Part of it is Boston. And part of it was we felt we got as much as we could out of that original setup.

"We saw it, we know what it is. It's easier to run the bench. But it's possible it was too much of the same thing on two lines. ... We felt we needed to balance that a little bit more."

These are lines i was wishing forrr!!!!!!!! This is exciting :lol:

http://downloads.hurricanes.nhl.com/audio/...urice010909.mp3

^mo

Sergei Samsonov - Tuomo Ruutu - Eric Staal

Justin Williams - Ray Whitney - Matt Cullen

Scott Walker - Chad LaRose - Rod Brind'Amour

Patrick Eaves - Ryan Bayda - Brandon Sutter

I love those lines... makes perfect since to me to put Rod, Scott and Chad together (3rd line). It also takes some of the pressure off of the Brind'Amour situation, while giving Larose the chance to play with his idol. Samsonov and Staal are a great match-up... especially with Tuomo sliding around like a wrecking ball on skates. Cullen, Ray and JWillie looks great on paper... hopefully they will gel.

Anyone else find it odd that the line Brind'Amour USED TO BE on actually had some solid opportunities yesterday while the line Brind'Amour WAS on was quiet for the first time in a while? You would think someone in the organization would notice this. Sutter, in his limited ice-time, has earned the opportunity to play on the third-line. Brind'Amour really should be limited to the fourth-line and situational play like late-game face-offs and the second unit of the powerplay.

Anyone else find it odd that the line Brind'Amour USED TO BE on actually had some solid opportunities yesterday while the line Brind'Amour WAS on was quiet for the first time in a while? You would think someone in the organization would notice this. Sutter, in his limited ice-time, has earned the opportunity to play on the third-line. Brind'Amour really should be limited to the fourth-line and situational play like late-game face-offs and the second unit of the powerplay.

It's worth a shot to move Sutter to the 3rd line.