The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GOCANES1311

Your opinion on the teams lines

Do you think the new lines had to do with us losing??....

Not the Cullen line imo, they generated chances and our only goal.

I think it was a combination of playing Boston, other lines not playing well and the ice time everyone got.

For example, guess who had the most TOI out of all our forwards? .....Brindy.

No. We were just flat beat. I think it will take another few games before we know if the new lines are working. Cullen's line looked pretty good. Brindy's line looked out of sync. Sutter's line played well again. The Boston D did a pretty good job keeping the Staal line from doing much of anything. It won't take long to tell if this is going to work.

No. We were just flat beat. I think it will take another few games before we know if the new lines are working. Cullen's line looked pretty good. Brindy's line looked out of sync. Sutter's line played well again. The Boston D did a pretty good job keeping the Staal line from doing much of anything. It won't take long to tell if this is going to work.

Not the Cullen line imo, they generated chances and our only goal.

I think it was a combination of playing Boston, other lines not playing well and the ice time everyone got.

For example, guess who had the most TOI out of all our forwards? .....Brindy.

We needed Brindy to move down to the 3rd or 4th line and reduce his minutes. They move him down - and cut everyone's TOI?!?! Seriously they move him down to the 3rd line and he is still getting the most TOI?!?!?! GREAT STRATEGY!

The 3rd line didn't have the same production with Rod and I agree - move Sutter up to the 3rd line. Or give the 1st and 2nd lines their minutes back and rotate Sutter and Rod.

We needed Brindy to move down to the 3rd or 4th line and reduce his minutes. They move him down - and cut everyone's TOI?!?! Seriously they move him down to the 3rd line and he is still getting the most TOI?!?!?! GREAT STRATEGY!

The 3rd line didn't have the same production with Rod and I agree - move Sutter up to the 3rd line. Or give the 1st and 2nd lines their minutes back and rotate Sutter and Rod.

The TOI for every player seemed wrong, Whitney, our leading scorer, had 13 minutes.

The lines are just about there, but the TOI needs to be looked at.

The TOI for every player seemed wrong, Whitney, our leading scorer, had 13 minutes.

The lines are just about there, but the TOI needs to be looked at.

Yes it does.

MO needs to make the obvious adjustments and NOT WORRY about whose feelings get hurt. Toughness and leadership doesn't mesh with this organization for some reason.

Something needs to be done,,there isn't 1 line that is producing goals,hits or anything really..Wow how can a team go from 1 end of the spectrum to the other?

To all the people who believe Brindy should be moved down to the 4th line....You are correct. However, Brindy will not see the 4th line just because, he is our Captain, and he is Rod Brind'Amour. Brindy will be in retirement before he is relegated to the 4th line.

Our lines look okay on paper, if I had to make lines, I would have them exactly as we have them now, maybe swap Eaves and Larose, just because I believe Eaves must be given the chance. Otherwise, there is no reason this line set-up shouldnt work. Now we just need the players to perform.

To all the people who believe Brindy should be moved down to the 4th line....You are correct. However, Brindy will not see the 4th line just because, he is our Captain, and he is Rod Brind'Amour. Brindy will be in retirement before he is relegated to the 4th line.

I've never been a professional athelete...but it would tick me off if the worst performing player on my team was getting the most ice-time simply because of who he is. It would make me question the whole organization, the coaching staff, the management...everything. Would that be a factor in why I would not bust my hump 100% of the time? Probably. Not a very professional attitude, I know. But I think that's a typical human response...and you see it in all sports where players are treated differently. If your heart isn't in it...your skills won't show. I personally think this is a bigger problem behind the scenes than we know. Yes, I know...pure guesswork and speculation on my part...and we'll never know the truth of it...but that's my opinion on it.

I've never been a professional athelete...but it would tick me off if the worst performing player on my team was getting the most ice-time simply because of who he is. It would make me question the whole organization, the coaching staff, the management...everything. Would that be a factor in why I would not bust my hump 100% of the time? Probably. Not a very professional attitude, I know. But I think that's a typical human response...and you see it in all sports where players are treated differently. If your heart isn't in it...your skills won't show. I personally think this is a bigger problem behind the scenes than we know. Yes, I know...pure guesswork and speculation on my part...and we'll never know the truth of it...but that's my opinion on it.

Your right, it wouldnt be fair, but Brindy is being treated differently from other players because of who he is. If a player like Eaves or Larose was playing this poorly, they would be scratched in a heart beat. If we were going to move our worst performing player to the 4th line, we should have done it already. Brindy has played enough games and has turned the puck over enough times for Maurice to realize he is playing awful. If Maurice was going to move him down to the 4th, he would have done it by now. I think Brindy has had enough time to try and 'turn it around'. He has been given ample ice time, with skilled players (Whitney, Walker, Williams) and has yet to turn around his game considerably.

Your right, it wouldnt be fair, but Brindy is being treated differently from other players because of who he is. If a player like Eaves or Larose was playing this poorly, they would be scratched in a heart beat. If we were going to move our worst performing player to the 4th line, we should have done it already. Brindy has played enough games and has turned the puck over enough times for Maurice to realize he is playing awful. If Maurice was going to move him down to the 4th, he would have done it by now. I think Brindy has had enough time to try and 'turn it around'. He has been given ample ice time, with skilled players (Whitney, Walker, Williams) and has yet to turn around his game considerably.

I think we all believe it except MO, JR and Brindy!

Looks like Maurice is reshuffling the deck again but this time I'm at a loss for words:

Canes stay off ice, make line changes

Submitted by chipalexander on 01/18/2009 - 14:35

TORONTO

Looks like Maurice is reshuffling the deck again

Reshuffling deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. Lavi shuffled the lines around a lot too. Still, agree Ruutu is one of the few who has brought the A effort all year long. I could see moving down to the second line, but all the way to the third, and with old -27? Why?

If we lose this game, the next game's line up will be drawn from a hat. If we "play a strong period but have nothing to show for it" new lines will be formed in the intermission by the same process. Though Cam will still get the start no matter what :blink:

Moving Ruutu down to make up for old -27 is the dumbest decision he has made yet! What in the heck is he doing? Now Ruutu will lose minutes! I lose respect for MO every time he opens his mouth. It will not produce results.