The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
icedave

distribution day

Frankly, I thought NYMethod's email was the best in the thread. Funny.

Sadly, as a 12-game STHer I wasn't going to make the 3 hour trip to Raleigh for only my gifts. Hopefully there will be an alternative pick-up date in my game package.

To echo what someone else said...there should have been more than one stand open for food.

However, I went at 12:30...and it took me about 30 mins to get food. More than one stand open at 2 or 3pm might have been overkill. From what I gather here, it probably would have been.

So, overall, a very good experience. The items are of high quality for all that I saw. Much nicer than I expected. I also thought the amount of food given was very nice. 4 tickets per account...I only have one seat, so it was way more than enough for lunch. And everyone working there was as pleasant as they could be.

Nice job to the staff!

I must be lucky, I was there around 12:30 yeasterday and honestly waited in line maybe 5 minutes at the most.

Might have been a big difference between Sunday and Saturday. I went Saturday...was in line from almost exactly 12:30, and was just setting my food down to eat as the Canes broadcast came on the scoreboard/tv. I'm not complaining about it, but there were several people who opted not to eat, which I can understand.

Might have been a big difference between Sunday and Saturday. I went Saturday...was in line from almost exactly 12:30, and was just setting my food down to eat as the Canes broadcast came on the scoreboard/tv. I'm not complaining about it, but there were several people who opted not to eat, which I can understand.

they had two stands open yesterday although you couldnt get fries at one of them, they must have opened another one up for Sunday because of the lines the previous day

Your original post had no sarcasm alert, so it's posters like you that try to inflame the board with your alcoholic remarks. I don't appreciate your remarks from other threads carried into this one. It's ashame that people with children and families at the games who don't find it a priority to drink alcohol while enjoying the games are chastised on this board as if we don't belong here.

Shame on you TSA as an administrator to laugh at his remarks knowing it was from another thread and allowed it to come into this thread. Hmm it reminds me of another moderator in the past except '300' times worse. You seem to defend NY Methods at every turn. Maybe this is something our Webmaster needs to look into. :angry:

Hi, and thanks for the call out. Just signed on today so I apologize if Im late to the party. Since you want to make this personal, yes, I thought NYmethods original comment was humorous and although he forgot his sarcasm warning for you, it was obvious to me it was an attempt at some humor after all that taken place in the other thread. You have no idea whats been said to who about any posts or arguments they may have made in any thread, so its interesting that you jump right in here. The follow up post that was made did explain that it was a just a joke and I agree the next one took the joke too far and would have been dealt with when a staff member signed on and saw it.

Whatever problems you had with past staff members has nothing to do with me and its a shame you still hold on to ill will long after this staff member left. Its posters that insist on calling out other members, demand that others share their opinions and quickly respond to questionable posts that inflame the board. There's a nice little button labeled "report a post" if you have concerns with what someone has posted.

I thought that this event was great. The organization gave a away free gifts, free food, freeentertainment and free icetime for some youth hockey players, yet some here still find fault and complain about it. Simply amazing.

For the record, mentioning the lines may have been little long and actually complaining about it are very different things. I was one of the people who gave my vouchers away to a family with a few kids because after my kid came off the ice, I didn't want to wait around. If I had paid for this event and that food, I would have probably been a little irritated with the lines but since I didn't and it was an extra gesture by the team, I just said thanks anyway;)

well everything came off rather well until I had to stand in line from the middle of the first period until the beginning of the third (actually timing it would have only made me angrier!! :lol: ). They should have planned to have two windows open and shut down the second when the rush ended.

well everything came off rather well until I had to stand in line from the middle of the first period until the beginning of the third (actually timing it would have only made me angrier!! :lol: ). They should have planned to have two windows open and shut down the second when the rush ended.

You do know they play 15 minute periods with no intermissions, right? So apparently you had to wait about 20-25 minutes. If this was your attempt at humor....good for you :)

I thought it was well planned and the maps of where everything was located was a nice touch. The gift items were nice and the food was not your normal free food items either. They were full size beef franks and 1/3# hamburgers and some very good, HOT from the fryer fries!

There were two stands open on Sunday. I think everyone piled into the first stand as you walked into the door. I know I did upon entering.

I got there at 12:00 and everything was going smoothly. Did not have to wait in the food line long at all. The attendants were in the middle of filling up the Lemonade & tea containers. That was the longest I had to wait.

Was also a good hockey game to watch. The white team had Glenn Wesley behind the bench. His team came form 3- 0 to lead it in the third. Red team pulled their goalie and scored to even the game back up. Game ended in a tie.

All in all I had a good time and thank you Hurricanes for putting on the event

Oh on Sunday the beer line did not open until 12:00 but that was fine by me. :blink: ...

It's a joke son, just a joke! :lol:

Well we were there Saturday, had zero problems collecting our generous gifts. However I'm glad to hear they opened a second concession stand on Sunday. Our wait was long, about 45 mins. Yeah, it was free and we didn't have to stay, but we were thinking it would be fun to watch the game on the jumbotron with other fans. Sound would have been nice, but I guess that would have been distracting from the kids on the ice. Then again the canes performance or lack there of had us leaving after the second period anyway. Overall we're appreciative of the gifts we received.

On that note, anyone know if they have extras to replace damaged items? On one of our tailgate chairs the emblem is messed up. The chair works fine, just would be nice if the main reason we chose them were not damaged. Like I said, no big deal just thought I'd ask....

You do know they play 15 minute periods with no intermissions, right? So apparently you had to wait about 20-25 minutes. If this was your attempt at humor....good for you :)

I was talking the boston game on the jumbotron!! though i will admit the action on the ice was a lot better!!

I forgot to mention, the free nachos were a touch on the stale side :) (is that the right smiley face?)

Those are considered "RBC Center" fresh young man!! what is that commercial "freshly frozen and then refreshed so that they are fresh!!".

Maybe they should have sold beer so that you would have overlooked the fresh nature of the chips.

I thought the event was great. Nice gifts and good food. No lines when I was there around 2PM on Sunday.

My only suggestion is this: Food vouchers should be per seat, not per account. An account with 1 seat got the same 4 food vouchers as did the accounts with 6 or more seats. I mistakenly assumed it was 2 vouchers per seat for my 2 seats (since I did't read the email carefully).

Those are considered "RBC Center" fresh young man!! what is that commercial "freshly frozen and then refreshed so that they are fresh!!".

Maybe they should have sold beer so that you would have overlooked the fresh nature of the chips.

Well done! Now you're getting the hang of it ;)

I was really impressed with the gifts and the organization of the event. I went around 11:30 on Sunday and waited less than 5 minutes. Had I waited longer I wouldn't have complained because it was FREE:) I had no problem with the alcohol comment. Some things are so obvious that you shouldn't need a sarcasm alert. :P I think you do a fine job TSA.

I was really impressed by everything as well. We got there at 10:30, did some "window shopping" and stayed until about 3:30, when the last game ended. It was nice just sitting there watching some hockey games without biting your nails the entire time!

I was really impressed with the gifts and the organization of the event. I went around 11:30 on Sunday and waited less than 5 minutes. Had I waited longer I wouldn't have complained because it was FREE:) I had no problem with the alcohol comment. Some things are so obvious that you shouldn't need a sarcasm alert. :P I think you do a fine job TSA.

Not always, it depends on the frame of mind of the person reading it at that point in time. The biggest issue with e-mails, text messages, IM's, and message boards is you don't see the person's face typing it to see if they are wearing their clown makeup or loading their Glock!! :lol:

for those of you who ordered the autographed photo, who did you get?

I got Corvo. Was hoping for a Staal / Brindy / Ward b/c of value, but on the other end, wouldn't have been surprised to see Tim Conboy or something.

Someone I knew got the autographed stick for one of their gifts. They let her pick one, but they couldn't tell who the autograph was, but it had a two in it. They let her pick again and she ended up getting Gleason.

for those of you who ordered the autographed photo, who did you get?

I got Corvo. Was hoping for a Staal / Brindy / Ward b/c of value, but on the other end, wouldn't have been surprised to see Tim Conboy or something.

I got Ward with the signed photo. Whitney would've been my first hope, but Ward was a close second and I liked that it was a pic of him in the third jersey.

Who did people get with the pucks?

L

Enjoyed the event. Had no issues. Went on Sunday around 2:00. The stations were all over the place so no crowd in one place. They had a lot of people working this event. Went to the food counter and waited 2 minutes. Was not hungry so I got nachos and at them there and got 3 hot dogs with the rest and took them home. They do well in cro-wave a day later.

Even got a named jersey with some extra bucks done in 20 minutes. (could not wait 6 weeks for a sewn one)

As someone who rarely complains about the RBC, Gale Force, parking, traffic or whatever, I thought it was good for what it was.

Well done Canes org !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The youth hockey games going on during the giveaway event were quite exciting....I didn't expect them to be. The RBC center seems to showcase only the midgets, and not the older youth hockey teams. I, like may other STH, were cheering loudly for good plays, stops by goalies, and goals. At one point, a goalie made a spectacular kick save and someone next to me said he hoped this kid is draftable soon......

PS For those who received the Fossil watches, the Fossil store at Southpoint was happy to adjust the watchband. There were a few STH there doing the same.

Does anyone know where to go to get the Relic watchband adjusted?

Does anyone know where to go to get the Relic watchband adjusted?

I went to the local jeweler here in Wendell to get my fossil watch adjusted so i would think any local person could do it.