The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hurricanes30

What to do about the LOSING Streak

With the streak today at 4 games, get ready for it to be 8 games soon. Based on the Canes current 4 game performance of letting in over 5 goals per game, overall lack of desire on the ice, lack of goal tending from Wardo (he really should have stopped 3 of the Leafs first 4 goals) and NOTHING performance from the Brindy line, no matter who skates on the line with him, can't see any wins coming from the road stretch at Buffalo, Toronto, Pitt and then Rangers ! Next team we play of our calliber is Tampa on January 29th, and they beat Phily last night.

PLAYOFFS .... are you kidding ? Don't even think it !

Keep the core of the team the same. Trade for a few more undersized forwards and soft as charmin defensmen. Ignore possibly upgrading the current goaltending situation, and just wonder why attendance will dip again after another April on the golf course.

Do nothing, we've lost the same amount of games we had on the winning streak which in the last 2 years has meant we'll win the next one. Then lose the one after....wash rinse repeat

Well, we all know the Canes can play. And good too. Just look at the beginning of the third period last night. What I think we need is 20 shock collars, just like the ones for training your dog. Somone slacking off on the ice? Just remind them with a polite zap.

Problem solved. Next?

lol

WIN

better? :)

I hate to admit it, but I almost want them to lose because once they get a WIN, everyone will think all is well, until that next 4 game losing streak comes along. Nothing is fixed, we need a new formula, and it comes in the way of a few new players! I think the same 'ole tired line-up is the reason we can't play consitant enough because no one in the locker room seems to want to stand up and say, HEY GUYS, WE ARE STINKING IT UP OUT THERE, LET'S GO!!! Playoffs don't matter right now, just getting the focus back on playing hockey with a little more fortitude. I hope the off-season brings change... so we can put an end to the circus this team has turned into (ie; Karmanos' comments; coaching changes;etc.). This team needs more stabiity!! Get a move on Karmanos and fix these problems!!! GO 'CANES!!!!!!!!!

based on what I saw last night - including a puck that was passed and missed by 4 canes ... learn to PASS. Learn to SHOOT, learn to keep the puck out of your goalie's face, and get mad and EVEN - not mad and defeated.

They didn't show up for the first 39 minutes or so. Stormy made more effort than the 'canes. Disgusting.

Whatever the funk, they had better get out of it or the locker room will look much different after the trading deadline.

:blink: What are we to do trade players fire more coaches sell the the team who knows what will happen not selling the team ofcourse haha. Just wanted to hear everyones 2 cents worth

I'd have to say...JUST WIN BABY!

Fix it and fix it NOW!!! If you have to scratch some people to send a message-do it. Maybe we need an infusion from the Rats to shake things up while a couple of players watch from the press box.

The team needs a player's meeting and leadership. Why?

There are several players that simply won't use the body. They owe more to their teammates. I'll fire away since I'm sick of seeing several not play a COMPLETE game of hockey. Samsonov, Brindy, Williams, Whitney, Cullen, Babchuk, Joni, Kaberle. These players make Staal look rugged. Several others do barely enough, but get a pass from me (Corvo, Wallin, Sutter, Eaves). A handful bring it consistently (Gleason, Ruutu, Bayda, LaRose) - that's it!

Don't use the "they're scorers" excuse. This is Hockey, not ballet or the ice capades. Don't even point to the insane "hits" recorded by whomever. Just watch the game when the puck is up for grabs and we lose battle after battle.

Whatever it takes? You're kidding, right?

Well, if the team is not responding to it's leadership and the coach is fired already...is it possible that for some reason this team is not responding to Brind'Amour's leadership anymore? I just can't help but think of what this team did almost immediately after he went down last year. It is painful, but that is the single biggest problem right now.

Can we trade 4 some peewee players they would proably do a better job :lol: So much talent and such a bad team im going to the beach to stick my head in the sand.Trade 2 or 3 players and get some fresh blood in the lockeroom.Plus the leaders need to start leading not hanging their heads down.Time to man up boys.Use the body when the other team touches the puck make them pay for it dearly. well thats my thought on it which aint much :blink:

They need team toughness, some of you have said it already, but get mad, when the goalie makes a save and hangs on to it with a guy standing in front of him, knock him on his *edit*! and do More hitting, better passes, and play Sutter more, I really like that kid. I like Cullen, Williams and Brindy, but they just get pushed off the puck too easily, you know? Stay supporting them people and keep showing up to the games, I wish I could be there, but up here in Vancouver, I have to pay $100 upper bowl tickets, and $8.00 beers to watch the Canucks, who are playing exactly like us right now by the way.

What I think we need is 20 shock collars, just like the ones for training your dog. Somone slacking off on the ice? Just remind them with a polite zap.

I have a slightly used one I needed to use to get my youngest collie over his shelter mentality thinking he was Cujo.

They need to fire Paul Maurice and get Peter back. I mean it makes sense to fire the coach that the second year in Raleigh (not exactly a hockey town) with low expectations, wins a cup, coaches USA olympic team, and Eastern Conference All Stars, and becomes winningest USA coach, and he was the first to develop the system that made the Canes a successful fun to watch team, he just wasnt judged right bc of all the injuries. So you bring back the guy who dumps and chases the puck when its a shootout? we lost hockey games 1-2 back then with Mo, but this is different right? Mo is good at Defense right? oh now we lose 5-1 not 2-1 that is different. and 16 goals against in 3 games, that is great defense. Now its boring hockey, and our franchise coach is gone, and thanks to PK, there is never any chance of us admitting we made a mistake firing him and asking him to come back. The franchise is going down the tube and its sad. I will always be a canes fan but I think if Laviolette would have had all his players healthy how Mo does now, we would make a run in the playoffs. all we are going now is a run away from the playoffs