The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mike_leclair_88

Losing streak over

I agree. Ward was amazing tonight....just listening to the leafs announcers was proof enough. Hopefully the canes and pull together 3, 4 , 5, or more wins and turn the season around. LETS GO CANES!

I agree. Ward was amazing tonight....just listening to the leafs announcers was proof enough. Hopefully the canes and pull together 3, 4 , 5, or more wins and turn the season around. LETS GO CANES!

The guys on the NHL Network also stated how great Cam was last night.

Hopefully this is a longer thread than the Other losing streak thread! :unsure:

Right now we are over 100 comments short!!!So lets see where this goes!! ;)

Hopefully this is a longer thread than the Other losing streak thread! :unsure:

Right now we are over 100 comments short!!!So lets see where this goes!! ;)

The win doesn't reflect that the Canes are "fixed".

Most of the comments in the losing streak thread still apply !

Yes, Cam looked very good in net, when he stayed in the damn net. Outside the crease he had a few puck handling near disasters. Brindy looked lost out there at times ... once skating left in front of Cam as the puck sat right behind, between him and Cam. His 16 minutes was still too much ice time.

Toronto had A LOT of good shots, way too many defensive holes.

Bottom line, an average Canes performance, very similar to the past few except good near 60 minutes of hustle and Cam had a big "ON" night.

The win doesn't reflect that the Canes are "fixed".

Most of the comments in the losing streak thread still apply !

Yes, Cam looked very good in net, when he stayed in the damn net. Outside the crease he had a few puck handling near disasters. Brindy looked lost out there at times ... once skating left in front of Cam as the puck sat right behind, between him and Cam. His 16 minutes was still too much ice time.

Toronto had A LOT of good shots, way too many defensive holes.

Bottom line, an average Canes performance, very similar to the past few except good near 60 minutes of hustle and Cam had a big "ON" night.

Oh i couldn't agree with you more!!There is alot of work to be done and i just hope the guys are ready and willing to put forth the effort!!

I still find it fun to watch which line Brind'Amour is placed on and marvel at how the entire line either completely disappears or only the two wingers make any type of impact. Even in victory, it was evident last night. You heard Ruutu and LaRose ALOT more than you did Brind'Amour.

I still find it fun to watch which line Brind'Amour is placed on and marvel at how the entire line either completely disappears or only the two wingers make any type of impact. Even in victory, it was evident last night. You heard Ruutu and LaRose ALOT more than you did Brind'Amour.

It is and will remain the elephant in the room. I didn't see that game, but it sounds like Ward was great. We still are not scoring many goals, and this is a big part of why. Still not sure if or how the team deals with it. I guess moving him around on different lines may be the first step.

I want to thank the Canes for winning a game I couldn't watch.

In the future, please win one of the prior 5 that I either attended at home, or you decided to broadcast.

Oh, and BTW, try broadcasting more games, and paying the cash to produce them in HD like real teams do. Living in the 3rd world of hockey is not enjoyable.

(Apparently this win hasn't done a lot to improve my "Cane's Mood")

The reason the game wasn't broadcasted was because John Forslund was doing the Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks game on Versus. I was having a multiple hockey night with that game on TV and listening to Chuckie K on the radio. By the way, that Wild/Hawks game was good! Ladd had a few crazy chances that Backstrom stopped. Looks like that Ladd/Ruutu trade was a good one for both teams. :)

I don't think that's the reason. I'm pretty sure Forslund's number 1 priority is the Canes, and then when there isn't a Canes game to be broadcast he can do some national games. If he's available Versus has been taking him, which really says a lot about how good our beloved play-by-play man is.

And to hag: is it really the Hurricanes' responsibility to pay to broadcast the games in HD, or is that on FSC? I assumed it was on the channel's job to get that done.

I want to thank the Canes for winning a game I couldn't watch.

In the future, please win one of the prior 5 that I either attended at home, or you decided to broadcast.

Oh, and BTW, try broadcasting more games, and paying the cash to produce them in HD like real teams do. Living in the 3rd world of hockey is not enjoyable.

(Apparently this win hasn't done a lot to improve my "Cane's Mood")

There was a good internet feed for last nites game.!Was a good feed too. WAs nice to see a win for a change!

I don't think that's the reason. I'm pretty sure Forslund's number 1 priority is the Canes, and then when there isn't a Canes game to be broadcast he can do some national games. If he's available Versus has been taking him, which really says a lot about how good our beloved play-by-play man is.

And to hag: is it really the Hurricanes' responsibility to pay to broadcast the games in HD, or is that on FSC? I assumed it was on the channel's job to get that done.

No, they don't pay directly. But they do negotiate the TV/contract rights for the games. I just want them to have a better broadcast deal, most teams have all 82 games available to them.

And I'm complaining/whining, I know. Normally even-keeled, but basically starting with this offseason, this organization has driven me over the edge. I'll leave my whining to other threads, this is supposed to be for people happy about the end of the losing streak.

Last night was an exclusive night for Vs. The only reason the game was on Center Ice is that they were playing a Canadian team. Tonight is a non-exclusive night, so it's on FSN.

Welcome to the world of Paul Maurice Hockey.

I have a question and its for everyone that keeps saying "thats Mo hockey" (not just you OLDTIMEHOCKEY).

If the team actually burried some of the post shots, breakaways and 2 on 1's, wouldnt the goal total be pretty good? Wouldnt that also be as a result of the same exact play when they didnt bury them keeping the goal total low?

I get that the lock down defense to protect leads in the third is more of Mo's style (and requested by JR), but the good scoring chances are still good scoring chances if you finish or not, right?

Not sure if this made any sense.

Good point TSA. We get more than our share of opportunities but unfortunately more than not we don't hit the back of the net. We needed to get better defensively and IMO we have. Hopefully the offense will kick in sooner rather than later. As long as we score more than our opponent on any given night I am happy. :)