The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Trippism from the Leaf's game

Tripp is the biggest moron on TV..He needs to go,but he probably works for free so he can tell people that he hangsout with pro athletes!!!

I like to listen to Tripp. Why does everyone think the solution to everything is to get rid of somebody?

Post of the week.

So far we've gotten rid of Brind'Amour, Staal, Whitney, Eaves, Kaberle, Wallin, Walker, Babchuk, Pitkanen, Bayda, LaRose, Brookbank, JR, Laviolette, Maurice, Leighton, Ward, Pete Friesen, the training staff, Stormy, Tripp and anyone in the front office who's in charge of promotional events.

I guess we're rebuilding around the core of Wally, Forslund and Ruutu?

i couldn't figure out who tripp was actually trying to reference. and honestly i don't know if he knew. :lol: but i really do like him. when the team is playing like poop, his comments are the most entertaining part of the broadcast.

oh and TSA you forgot that we would be keeping ronnie francis. :) unless something has changed and we hate him now too...:unsure:

Tripp is the biggest moron on TV..He needs to go,but he probably works for free so he can tell people that he hangsout with pro athletes!!!

So true, I don't really care Tripp that you had dinner with Eric Staal, but please keep telling me 25 times per broadcast.

So far we've gotten rid of Brind'Amour, Staal, Whitney, Eaves, Kaberle, Wallin, Walker, Babchuk, Pitkanen, Bayda, LaRose, Brookbank, JR, Laviolette, Maurice, Leighton, Ward, Pete Friesen, the training staff, Stormy, Tripp and anyone in the front office who's in charge of promotional events.

you left out the Storm Squad :rolleyes:

Post of the week.

But yet the inconsistancy refuses to leave.

I think we were undecided about the Storm Squad. Now if Mike brings his horn playing up to the level we expect from him and can get some t-shirts up to the 300's, they can stay....for now.

But yet the inconsistancy refuses to leave.

So true.

No way you can trade them,they are pretty much the only thing keeping people (well guys anyhow)at the games! Now their way to large uniforms on the other hand could be traded!! ;)

I like Tripp to some extent, but I really don't know how Forslund refrains from doing him grievous bodily harm some nights. Sorry Tripp, sometimes less is more, especially with the running the mouth thing.

He must have been one amusing goalie.

I think tripp is great personally I dont understand what people have against witty goofy people. Hes almost always in a good mood and thats awesome to me. Say what you want about tripp but im glad hes on TV

I love it! Fire the coach, Bring Back Mo, Team keeps loosing, Get rid of Trip....

Speaks volumes for the team and their performance or lack there of...

Oh BTW I like Tripp...

I like Tripp-yes, he's goofy but he keeps the conversation light. you never know what he's gonna come up with. he could be a grump or way to serious or something even worse. and he's witty.

I just wonder how John doesn't ask him sometimes how he comes up with the off the wall statements he comes up with . and Tripp really went to Harvard? yes, I realize a stereotype but I'd figure for someone a lot more stuffy.

...and Tripp really went to Harvard? yes, I realize a stereotype but I'd figure for someone a lot more stuffy.

I'd say the improper reference shows all too clearly that he went to Harvard. ;)

Coming from a former rival, of course...go Golden Knights!

I don't know why y'all don't like Tripp. It always makes a broadcast more entertaining to have someone who says crazy stuff every now and then. You all are talking about it aren't you? Then you remembered it. Tripp is awesome. Strange? Maybe, but he is funny and sometimes insightful.

Another vote here for Tripp. I find his offbeat humor entertaining and the way the team's been trying to play hockey, it at least makes it somewhat entertaining. Trade the Storm Squad for some real ICE GIRLS!

Tripp is no better or worse than the other color commentators out there. They are all fiercely partisan, and they all make lame excuses for poor performance by the teams they work for. Tripp pulled out the old standby at the end of last night's game (Slugs): "We just ran into a hot goalie." Which, translated into something more objective, would sound like this: "Our cold-as-ice offense is beginning to thaw, but until it shows more than one dimension and an interest in playing more than 20 minutes a night, it's no match for a good goalie."

I looked for the old thread, but it had been closed.

Last night Tripper said...

"It's a tale of different cities, that's a Charles Darwin reference".

If he said a "Tale of Two Cities" and Charles Dickens, I think he may have been a little closer. I hope he did it on purpose and meant it as a joke. If he did, I got the joke.

How can you not laugh at that? If you don't get it, maybe you haven't really evolved as much as Darwin thought.

I started this because I really thought that comment was funny. It was really sharp if he did it on purpose, if it was a mistake, it proves that he's a moron. I like Tripper, it gives Forslund somebody to pick on. I think he does pretty much what a "color man" is supposed to do. He isn't there to do in depth hockey analysis.

Post of the week.

Ruutu is a good start. ;)

I don't think Trip is there to be anything other than an amusing side man, with a solid knowledge of the game. I for one would find the games a bit monotonous if we had two personalities like John doing the broadcast. John is our play by play guy and Trip is like having Terry Bradshaw. I think he knows hockey well and could do some more serious analysis, but prefers to be a bit outrageous. I'd miss him if he were to leave.

Only Tripp can combine Charles Dickens and Folgelberg/Weisberg references and come up with a quote like that.

Tale of Two Cities and Twin Sons of Different Mothers = a tale of two different cities.. hahahahahaha

You forgot Brandon Sutter and Chuck Kaiton! :P We've gotta rebuild around Wally, Forslund, Chuckie, Sutter, and Ruutu! Hahaha. Who doesn't love Chuck? Apparently he'd win in a smackdown.

I looked for the old thread, but it had been closed.

Last night Tripper said...

"It's a tale of different cities, that's a Charles Darwin reference".

If he said a "Tale of Two Cities" and Charles Dickens, I think he may have been a little closer. I hope he did it on purpose and meant it as a joke. If he did, I got the joke.

How can you not laugh at that? If you don't get it, maybe you haven't really evolved as much as Darwin thought.

Maybe it was TAIL of different cities. There's your Darwin.