The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GOCANES1311

All star game talk

Would be better if next season the Cane's could represent a bit more on Super Skills night than one missed shot in the Elimination shootout.

I thought Staal was 4 for 5 last year in the sharpshooter but it apparently didn't warrant a return appearance.

Price played well for the east... Lundvkist is getting lit up.. can we pull him early for Tim Thomas? Staal has had a few good chances plus the early goal.. not seeing him on the ice very much.. the Ovechkin Malkin line has been eating up a lot of ice time.

Price played well for the east... Lundvkist is getting lit up.. can we pull him early for Tim Thomas? Staal has had a few good chances plus the early goal.. not seeing him on the ice very much.. the Ovechkin Malkin line has been eating up a lot of ice time.

Staal has been playing with Malkin and Komesarik. Ovechkin is playing with Heatley and Savard.

The game is actually pretty good...I'm a little bit surprised. I think the atmosphere has a lot to do with it; kudos to Montreal. The players realize that they have to care with this crowd watching them.

Versus, however, is terrible (stop shoving "sports soup" down our throats!).

EDIT: And the Staal, Malkin, and Kovalev line is kicking major *** tonight. They look great together.

The game is actually pretty good...I'm a little bit surprised. I think the atmosphere has a lot to do with it; kudos to Montreal. The players realize that they have to care with this crowd watching them.

Versus, however, is terrible (stop shoving "sports soup" down our throats!).

EDIT: And the Staal, Malkin, and Kovalev line is kicking major *** tonight. They look great together.

Agreed...

I wish we had the chemistry and talent of this game tonight!

Good game...much better than the skills competition, which is unusual. I loved seeing the players put some REAL energy into it there at the end...so they do care after all! haha but seriously...best all star game that I can remember, and so glad that it happened in the hockey capital of the world.

great show Montreal.

I'd like to know how the players were picked to do the different events. How people such as Staal were in none except the shootout portion(but EVERYONE got to do that, same as the game itself). shouldn't they let everyone get a chance to do some portion of the other events? kinda sucks as a 'Canes fan to not get to root for him except for his ONE goal and the invisibility cloak he had on.

All-star game was probably the best I've seen in all my 7? seasons watching NHL hockey. Props to Montreal for pulling this off, they really put one on heck of a show this weekend. Some nice moves on both sides, and a lot of dangling. I wonder what went through Bettman's mind when he saw all those goals being scored, eh? ;)

I was floored by the fact that I actually enjoyed watching it this year. I still would love to see the Winter Classic again instead, but Montreal really did put on a GREAT show for everyone.......except the fact that no one saw it because it was on VS.........

slow because focus on skills and it doesnt count...no one wantes to get hurt. good high scoring game..east and kovi gets mvp...nice. overall very good...a few hiccups. i think decent pr for the nhl.

it'll have to last us two years as there will not be one next year due to the olympics...

Watching the Game seems pretty slow pace. Just saw staal score!!! What do you think of the game?

I've always enjoyed the NHL All-Star game. Last night's was great, loved the shoot-out, and glad to see Staal score. Funny how there was a penalty called for the first time since 2000 last night

I've always enjoyed the NHL All-Star game. Last night's was great, loved the shoot-out, and glad to see Staal score. Funny how there was a penalty called for the first time since 2000 last night

Was it 2000, I remember a penalty being called in a ASG but man I hope it wont 9 years ago or time flies!

I always enjoy the ASG and the skills competition. Montreal did a spectacular job and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. i thought it was funny that the only penalty was called on the hometown guy (komiserak). the crowd really hated that call. :) i liked the OT and shootout (hadn't seen one of those in an ASG before)-it was interesting to see the intesity pick up in the OT. I guess their competitive natures took over. to me all star weekend is about fun and putting on a good show for the fans and that's exactly what montreal, the NHL and the players did. now let's get back to the season!

Was it 2000, I remember a penalty being called in a ASG but man I hope it wont 9 years ago or time flies!

That's what the guys on VERSUS said. Apparently, it was Sandis Ozolinsh who was guilty then

It's kind of neat to see the guys, but it certainly isn't hockey that they are playing. There is not hitting, no slap shots, and no emotion. It's kind of like watching the teams warm up 3 times. The players just lollygag up and down the ice. I watch because it is on, and that's it. I can understand nobody wants to get hurt, but when the crowd or the announcers barely acknowledge a goal, you know it's kind of lame.

I'd like to see them mike up everyone on the ice and let's hear what the players are saying to each other.