The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bigbander

08-09 TV Schedule + 10th Anniversary DVD

DVD 10th Anniversary? No way I never heard of this coming out before, I really want this now. What will be on the DVD? All the greatest moments in Hurricanes history like Milestones, hatrick, checks, fits I hope and playoff wins, plus stanley cup high lights. It would be cool if they should more behind the scene stuff like players in the locker room etc.

DVD 10th Anniversary? No way I never heard of this coming out before, I really want this now. What will be on the DVD? All the greatest moments in Hurricanes history like Milestones, hatrick, checks, fits I hope and playoff wins, plus stanley cup high lights. It would be cool if they should more behind the scene stuff like players in the locker room etc.
Believe it. It was sent to Season Ticket Holders after last season. It is actually a 2 disc set about the team. Overall, pretty good production values went into making it. Word is it will be for sale at The Eye this season.

If we are doin a little "video game braggin" I'd like to throw in my 2 little achievements... I got 2K sports - NHL 2k7 for PS2 ; first my record for fastest goal ever... off of a faceoff win to the right of the goal, a one-timer from Brindy-to-Whitney (a one second goal); and second, I actually scored at least one goal with everyone on the roster (except for Graham and Ward, which is pretty much impossible in that game) against Atlanta on PRO difficulty, which is basically medium-to-hard. I went undefeated for the season and playoffs, taking back the Stanley Cup for a second consecutive season. I bet you guys didn't know the Canes won two in a row... lol.

I just purchased the 10th Anniversary DVD from someone via Craigslist. Can't wait to see it! THANKS for the head's up, bigbander!! U R MY HERO!

Believe it. It was sent to Season Ticket Holders after last season. It is actually a 2 disc set about the team. Overall, pretty good production values went into making it. Word is it will be for sale at The Eye this season.

Sigh, just because your a season ticket holder you shouldn't get special treatment by the only one getting a 2 disc dvd all about the canes. That's cool it will be on sale this season at least. I'm definitely getting one. What exactly is on the DVD?

Sigh, just because your a season ticket holder you shouldn't get special treatment by the only one getting a 2 disc dvd all about the canes. That's cool it will be on sale this season at least. I'm definitely getting one. What exactly is on the DVD?

Actually, this was a very good move by the Canes organization and the kind of special treatment season ticket holders should get and which us non-STH's should have no complaints about (so long as they do end up putting the DVD out for sale to anyone). Now if the DVD wouldn't be made available for sale, well I would be even more upset that it would be yet another stupid financial decision by the Canes losing out on revenue that they so badly need than that I couldn't get one.

As for the TV broadcast schedule, I'm waiting impatiently for the very same reasons as bigbander. Since we've got a place locally for Canes viewing that has Center Ice, and CI isn't easily available around here, those are the games I'd most like to use for our Caniac gatherings are the ones that won't be carried on either FSS or Vs. So I'm checking the Canes website and this forum constantly every day hoping they'll finally be released so we can get going on working out when to do them.

Sigh, were did he/she suggest that only season ticket holders should get the DVD? I believe the person just responded by saying that there is a 10th anniversary DVD b/c season ticket holders already got it and that it will be on sale to the public this season.

As far as what's on the DVD, everything from the last 10 years. Or shall I say 9 years, cause I don't remember anything being done about last year, but likely they had to get it to production before the season was over. It starts out with who Peter Karmonas is and how he decided on Raleigh, blah blah blah. Then goes through the years in Greensboro and the trades they made. They spend alot of attention on the 2 playoff runs which was cool. The first disc is about 2 hours. The second disc has a triva section, and just random things. They actually did a really good job and Ray Whitney has some very funny quotes when discussing the New Jersey and Buffalo series.

I've been watching this dvd set all night! Awesome... that is all I can say... awesome! The documentary is great, but I love the second disc... especially the menu animations... bloody marvelous!

I got all the quiz questions right... wish it was longer. But hey, I'm not complaining.

the dvd is great. the 2005-06 cup dvd that has been on sale i thought was pretty crappy. this one puts it to shame. the 06 finals are covered in much better detail on a game to game basis imo, you still should get both though b/c the 06 cup dvd has game 7 and some things the 10th anniv dvd doesnt

Awesome! We can finally get going on picking some dates for our Greenville Caniacs gatherings. :)

Does Montreal hate us so much they don't want the games we play there to be televised or something? Neither game played in Montreal will be on FSS for us... :blink:

Awesome! We can finally get going on picking some dates for our Greenville Caniacs gatherings. :)

Does Montreal hate us so much they don't want the games we play there to be televised or something? Neither game played in Montreal will be on FSS for us... :blink:

The Montreal Games are all on RDS, not sure, but isn't this broadcasted?

Anyways, for NASN only gets games from NBC, CBS, TSN and Versus, there's only the 4 games possibly shown over here in germany, I hate this. So...does anyboday have some experience with ESPN360? Are all the games, except those broadcasted on TV, shown there? Is it possible to get at least a large stream or would i have to watch a game within this super small box like its on the free content?

I'm seriously thinkin about purchasing an ESPN 360 Season pass, but this would only make sense if i could see at least most of the games, and get a reasonable quality and especially video size to plug my PC to the TV and have it big.

...would be glad if someone in here could tell me about his experience/the possibilties with it...

The Montreal Games are all on RDS, not sure, but isn't this broadcasted?

Anyways, for NASN only gets games from NBC, CBS, TSN and Versus, there's only the 4 games possibly shown over here in germany, I hate this. So...does anyboday have some experience with ESPN360? Are all the games, except those broadcasted on TV, shown there? Is it possible to get at least a large stream or would i have to watch a game within this super small box like its on the free content?

I'm seriously thinkin about purchasing an ESPN 360 Season pass, but this would only make sense if i could see at least most of the games, and get a reasonable quality and especially video size to plug my PC to the TV and have it big.

...would be glad if someone in here could tell me about his experience/the possibilties with it...

RDS is the station in Montreal, so unfortunately not shown around here except as a game through Center Ice. I'm guessing in French, at that. We don't get any of the games on TSN, either, which is the Canadian equivalent of ESPN. Fox Sports Net South (FSS) is our 'local' channel for the Canes, and the only 'national' broadcasts are Versus and NBC, with Versus only carrying one Canes game and none scheduled on NBC. So except through Center Ice, we only get those three stations locally (FSS, NBC, and Vs).

I just find it really ironic that the only two times we play in Montreal that neither game will be carried for us here locally in the Canes market. We're not exactly in their market all the way down here. Taking an even closer look only one of the two home games against Montreal will be televised locally here, as well. So only one out of the four games the Canes play Montreal will be televised in the Canes local market (outside of Center Ice).

I didnt see any mention of the Hurricanes Live pregame show. Are they not doing that this season? Also in the PDF i notice that none of the FSN Games are in HD. Whats the deal with that?

I do think I remember hearing that they have given up the pregame show. which sucks. but maybe that was part of the deal they negotiated to get more games on tv. guess ill have to listen to the radio pregame show on 99.9, which by the way is usually good.

I didnt see any mention of the Hurricanes Live pregame show. Are they not doing that this season? Also in the PDF i notice that none of the FSN Games are in HD. Whats the deal with that?
Just noticed that that FSN Games in HD have now been posted. There are 15 that will be in HD.

2008-09 CAROLINA HURRICANES GAMES IN HD ON FSN SOUTH

Oct. 10 Florida 7 p.m.

Oct. 13 Detroit 7 p.m.

Oct. 23 at Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m.

Nov. 12 Washington 7 p.m.

Dec. 4 Pittsburgh 7 p.m.

Dec. 31 Atlanta 8 p.m.

Jan. 3 at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m.

Jan. 20 at Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m.

Jan. 29 Tampa Bay 7 p.m.

Feb. 14 Columbus 7 p.m.

Feb. 28 at Atlanta 7 p.m.