The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

Tough road trip

I wish we could go 3-3,but I think well go 0-3....Van is do for a win,S.J is just to good and because we should beat the coyotes well lose plus its the last game of the trip theyll be tired....

Vancouver W

San Jose L

Phoenix W

Vancouver - Overtime Loss

San Jose - Loss - I think we will give a good effort here, but come up just short.

Phoenix - Win

That would give us 3 out of 6 points. I think we need 4 points or more to consider it a good road trip. We are getting too deep in the season to say that was a great effort, but we just didn't get the win. We need to start getting 2 points way more often. Good luck Canes!

2 out of 6 points.

The unfortunate reality is that we will try to "outwest" the west, and they really know how to play the style we play out there. I think we had a better chance when we played a style they are not a familiar with.

Some time, check out defensive spending vs offensive spending on a per team basis. For example:

Vancouver:

Offense 29.2M

Defense + Goalie 24.6M

San Jose

Offense 31.6M

Defense + Goalie 24.9M

Phoenix

Offense 25.5M

Defense + Goalie 20.6M

Carolina

Offense 30.4M

Defense + Goalie 20.1M

The west spends a higher proportion on D+Goalie, plain and simple. Our advantage should be our forwards, but our forwards are scoring in the bottom of the league, whether it be the system we play or just the fact that they are underachieving. We keep going round and round on this but I think we need to score more, our D can't play like the other Ds of the league, we are undermanned.

Anyways, I think we'll see the west show us how to play our current style, that's my prediction.

IMHO I think we need to have at least 59 points by the time we return home to face Florida so that means we need 6 points out of the next 8 available. Let's hope for a good start by getting 2 at home against the Trashers!

Vancouver W

San Jose L

Phoenix W

I will be in Phx that wkend visiting my family and going to the hockey game, so I'm obviously hoping for W vs Phx. I'm concerned about the Vancouver game since the Canucks losing streak is bound to come to an end soon - hopefully it ends tomorrow night when they play Minnesota and will start back up again when they play the Hurricanes on 2/3

I am hoping for 2 out 3, but I think 1 out of 3 is more realistic. Vancouver should be the 1 out of the 3, and possible Phoenix. San Jose is a wash I am afraid. The sharks are just too good. But, who knows, miracles on ice do happen. Whatever happens, I hope they put up a good showing and do not roll over for the sharks or anybody else. They have shown that they can put up a good showing against top teams.

I think it all depends on which team show up, and where the effort is at. If the 1st period from last night Canes show up:

Vancouver-W

San Jose-W/OT

Coyotes-W

If a lackluster Canes show up

Vancouver-L

San Jose-embarrassing L

Coyotes-OT L

If they are average:

Vancouver-W OT

San Jose- L

Coyotes-???? Shootout

If we can walk away from this with 3 or 4 points, we are golden. Then we gotta start beating the teams we're expected to lose to. You have to beat San Jose and Vancouver on this trip to scare the crud out of the Eastern Conference. And DOWN THE STRETCH WE COME!

i agree with u, we need 4 points out of the 6, and san jose 1 loss at home.. incredible

you must not keep up with the rest of the league during the seaon. the sharks are next to unbeatable. ESPECIALLY on home ice. run into a hot goalie? ummmm NABOKOV maybe???

I think our best chance of getting two points will be in Vancouver. Their home record (11-4-4) is the same as our away record and they are struggling right now.

The 'Yotes play a lot better at home (16-8-2). The optimist in me says that a point might be possible with any luck and solid effort.

Against the 23-2-2 Sharks I think we'll see a shutout.

i would love to see 3 W's....just because sanjose has a bunch of points, you never know every team has bad nights :]

the other 2 are definite W's!...i hope.

And if we play like we did in the 1st against Atlanta....we will be set.

If we can get four out of the six points I will be happy; how we get them doesn't really matter to me. Realistically, I would say that we lose in SJ, win in Phoenix and lose in OT at Vancouver (which puts us at 3 out of 6 points) but the last two could easily be reversed with us losing in OT against the Coyotes and winning against the Canucks. Like someone said earlier, it all depends on what team shows up.

I'll be happy with 3, but we might get 1 or 2 or 0.

Vancouver: has lost 9 straight, 8 at home. What happens when we face a team that is struggling? We help them out and get them out of their slumps. We need to be stingy and not help this team get out of their losing ways.

San Jose: unless San Jose doesn't show up, we lose this game. They've only lost 2 at home and I don't see this team making it 3.

Phoenix: plays very well at home and is another team that needs to win.

I honestly believe this is the toughest road trip to date. I'll be more surprised going 1-1-1 rather going 0-3-0 or 0-2-1.

I'll be happy with 3, but we might get 1 or 2 or 0.

Vancouver: has lost 9 straight, 8 at home. What happens when we face a team that is struggling? We help them out and get them out of their slumps. We need to be stingy and not help this team get out of their losing ways.

San Jose: unless San Jose doesn't show up, we lose this game. They've only lost 2 at home and I don't see this team making it 3.

Phoenix: plays very well at home and is another team that needs to win.

I honestly believe this is the toughest road trip to date. I'll be more surprised going 1-1-1 rather going 0-3-0 or 0-2-1.

What she said. It is more likely that we will get 0 points than 4 points. We are facing one team much superior than ours, and two other teams who will consider these games must win games.