The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

Tough road trip

I'd like to see us come home with 4 pts at least, but most important, I'd like us to put it on the Sharks. Everyone predicts we will lose that game, but I think that is the one Staal will show up for on the road trip. If we can win or get to OT there, we can feel good about the team's effort and their ability to beat anyone. My concern is the effort against the more comparable teams. Here's hoping.

Just like the Thrash game, I think if we score a couple early we get the win in Vancouver. They are on a horrible slide. Here's hoping but the Sharks are almost unbeatable at home, so a tough game there. The Coyotes are beatable if we don't have a road slump. I would be happy with 4 out of 6 points.

Any team can win in any building at any time, and that includes the HP Pavilion. None of these coming games will be easy but a solid effort should afford the chance to win. For all the talk about beating the Lightning and Thrashers in back to back games, you all are aware that those two teams may not even win the Calder Cup if they played in the "A"

We need tonight's game bad. I love the optimism, but winning in SanJose is a long shot. We don't want to go into Phoenix 0-2. Get it tonight.

I'm gonna say...

Vancouver: L (O/T) We do seem to help teams come around a time or two (LOL, or more!). The slump ends for the Canucks.

San Jose: I'm gonna be a little cautious with this prediction or maybe just optimistic.. but I'm gonna say our goaltending and defense get us through this game, and the real Staal plays.. I say, W (regulation).

Phoenix: I think this team scares me more than the other 2 because we don't tend to play them well at Glendale ( now, Jobing.com) arena.. I remember the 05-06 season, they beat us 8-4, Nagy had a hat trick.. although Staal did score a sweet highlight goal that night. But I feel good about this time around, though not a win.. a..... L (O/T).

I think this road trip will help define the rest of this season.. and give us a better idea who may be on the outs as far as this roster is concerned!! GO 'CANES!!!

Any team can win in any building at any time, and that includes the HP Pavilion. None of these coming games will be easy but a solid effort should afford the chance to win. For all the talk about beating the Lightning and Thrashers in back to back games, you all are aware that those two teams may not even win the Calder Cup if they played in the "A"

Agreed for the most part while beating the Trashers isn't anything to write home about. Tampa Bay has been playing pretty well as of late.

If this team can put a solid effort together for three games we should be in good shape to have a chace to win all of them. This road trip could be the thing the doctor ordered to get their heads straight for the home stretch.

The Canucks have lost 9 straight at home (I think) We will be facing a very hungry and desperate team. We need to match that energy and scoring first would be a big plus. Maybe get the crowd out of it. I don't hold out much hope against SJ and Phoenix is fighting for a playoff spot too so it should be a good battle. I will be recording the game and watching it on Wed. if we win. :)

I would like to say:

W

OTL ( SJ will have been off a few days...may be rested, or have cold legs...)

W

5 of 6 pts...

Depends on which Canes show up...

Vancouver W

San Jose L

Phoenix W

VANCOUVER L

SAN JOSE L

PHOENIX L

Sorry, but our pattern predicts that it's losing streak time again.

I wouldn't feel so sick at heart if we could be beaten by Phoenix and have a win in Vancouver...wouldn't you know it'd be us that they break their losing streak to. What a mess.

I bet you ANYTHING that we'll come out flying against the Sharks and maybe win that game, showing that hey we can actually get it done...and then go and lose to Phoenix. That's what this team has done the last few years at least...beaten some good teams but then flops against the lesser ones.

Either that or we lose to both San Jose and Phoenix...definitely can't count on it the other way around lol.

Hey, fans! Are you ready for some CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY?? Then tune in tonight at ten o'clock as Carolina takes on San Jose in the Shark Tank for your favorite brand of hockey!!

-DEFENSIVE TURNOVERS!

-LACKLUSTER GOALTENDING!

-REAL, LIVE SHOTS ON GOAL!

-GENUINE AHL STYLE PLAY!

And tune in tonight for a special chance to witness a shutout as it unfolds before your very eyes! Yes, it's time for CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY, where you always know who is going to win! THE OTHER GUYS!

Hey, fans! Are you ready for some CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY?? Then tune in tonight at ten o'clock as Carolina takes on San Jose in the Shark Tank for your favorite brand of hockey!!

-DEFENSIVE TURNOVERS!

-LACKLUSTER GOALTENDING!

-GENUINE AHL STYLE PLAY!

And tune in tonight for a special chance to witness a shutout as it unfolds before your very eyes! Yes, it's time for CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY, where you always know who is going to win! THE OTHER GUYS!

You obviously must be upset with something?

Did Mommy not hug you enough as a Lad? What is your deal?

This just in! The Hurricanes have officially been renamed as THE OTHER GUYS.. more on this story on your WRAL news at Noon!

Last year, the call-up Rats brought the team energy and put it into a playoff position when the "regulars" were sidelined due to injury. Because no one expects the Sharks to lose in their tank, the Canes could pull off a win. Now that Brindy is sidelined, it's time for Staal to prove he is captain material.

-DEFENSIVE TURNOVERS!

-LACKLUSTER GOALTENDING!

-GENUINE AHL STYLE PLAY!

:lol:

Thanks, that was funny.