The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

Tough road trip

Sad...but true. :D All we can do is laugh til the off season...

Hey, fans! Are you ready for some CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY?? Then tune in tonight at ten o'clock as Carolina takes on San Jose in the Shark Tank for your favorite brand of hockey!!

-DEFENSIVE TURNOVERS!

-LACKLUSTER GOALTENDING!

-REAL, LIVE SHOTS ON GOAL!

-GENUINE AHL STYLE PLAY!

And tune in tonight for a special chance to witness a shutout as it unfolds before your very eyes! Yes, it's time for CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY, where you always know who is going to win! THE OTHER GUYS!

Hey, fans! Are you ready for some CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY?? Then tune in tonight at ten o'clock as Carolina takes on San Jose in the Shark Tank for your favorite brand of hockey!!

-DEFENSIVE TURNOVERS!

-LACKLUSTER GOALTENDING!

-REAL, LIVE SHOTS ON GOAL!

-GENUINE AHL STYLE PLAY!

And tune in tonight for a special chance to witness a shutout as it unfolds before your very eyes! Yes, it's time for CAROLINA HURRICANES HOCKEY, where you always know who is going to win! THE OTHER GUYS!

Um, nope.

I called the San Jose Game with at least 1 pt...

If we win in PHO..it'll be 4 of 6, only one less than the 5 I predicted..

I would like to say:

W

OTL ( SJ will have been off a few days...may be rested, or have cold legs...)

W

5 of 6 pts...

Depends on which Canes show up...

Phoenix is in the midst of a losing streak. The way the Canes have played this year, they will follow-up last night's wn with a clunker and help them end their streak.

Phoenix is in the midst of a losing streak. The way the Canes have played this year, they will follow-up last night's wn with a clunker and help them end their streak.

We need to cheer you up. C'mon, enjoy the win.

I wish I hadn't just read that ..... we're playing another time on a losing streak?? (Phoenix must be going "Yessss!!!!") LOL

You obviously must be upset with something?

Did Mommy not hug you enough as a Lad? What is your deal?

This just in! The Hurricanes have officially been renamed as THE OTHER GUYS.. more on this story on your WRAL news at Noon!

THE OTHER GUYS Won this morning!

I am going to swallow the bait, hook line and sinker this time. I thought that the team would pick up it's play sans Brind'Amour, but I never thought it would include a win in SanJose and in a game that Staal did so little and was out the entire 3rd. This team is going to roll now. Staal is going to reemerge. There is something about Brind'Amour not bringing it but still being captain that somehow affects Staal's play. If Staal is healthy and goes in Phoenix, watch for him.

The entire team is feeling on top of the world, they will come out flying in Phoenix, and will tear it up in February. This assumes that the team does not try to force Brindy back in.

For the love of all that is good, let this team have a full month without Brind'Amour. If we still stink, bring him back and start planning for the draft. If we play well, pick up a legit 2nd or 3rd line playmaking center and make a run at it.

I had a lot of possible scenarios for this road trip. In none of them did I see us losing to Vancouver. Luckily, I didn't see anything correctly with regards to San Jose either. :) Phoenix turned out pretty much like I expected, though I didn't think we would be quite that active offensively.

4 out of 6 out west isn't bad at all. 5 would've been better, but to bring home 4 after what had to be one of the hardest losses to take this season was a big win for the boys overall. Hope the extended time off these next few days doesn't derail them, especially as we're looking at a 4 point swing against FL.

L

I was hoping for 2-3 pts. from this trip: PHX win and an OT in one of the others. My expectations were exceeded. The Brindy break is what the team needed, along with solid netminding. Cannot wait for next week, after Jussi has more of a feel of the fellas.