The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
It--39-sSTAALGood-12

Any guess??

Lack of leadership, lack of chemistry.

This team needs a leader, someone who'll bring intensity and vigor to every stinkin minute of every game. We don't have that right now.

Did you see how they just man handle us out there? I agree with both of those statements!!! We have to do something, I don't know what it can be at this point. If you noticed tonight how CBJ would lay down in front of puck and block them and we stay straight up. I can't help but scream at the TV haha! And Mo has got to give Leighton his starts. We don't have a true starting goalie but, there is no need to wear a young goalie out like we are doing with Ward...... I am stepping off my soapbox now!

Let's see...the team goes from scoring 7 goals and looking like it has finally turned the corner (for the 5,657,456th time of course) to scoring one goal in the next two games and just playing like ****.

So what's the problem?

Nothing. It's our team, our tradition. They've done this sort of stuff consistently for the past two seasons, even when we had a healthy captain and fast scoring team. There's something inherently wrong here...this just isn't new.

So you think it's just the team? or the coach? owners? I mean nothing seems to be coming together. There is talk about getting Antropov, anyone think this will help? I mean Jussi is playing good but he def isnt the answer! Where do we go from here??

We play Leighton for the rest of the games, put Wallin-Corvo as the top pairing, and hope we lose the remaining 26 games so we can grab a decent draft pick.

It's time to shake things up. How about starting with the first line. The only 3 forwards who are playing are Ruutu-Cullen-LaRose. How about we just play them together as our first line since they will actually show up. I don't think this is long term...Cullen and LaRose are not first liners IMO, but they are playing in the top 3 for this team right now. Drop Staal to the second line to start and see if he responds. I'd try Whitney and Jokinen with him for now. The offense is anemic and has been all season, it's time to hold players accountable.

Next, JR needs to decide which way to go and change it up. Decide to buy or sell and get it done. This team will just spin in inconsistency without clear changes one way or the other.

As long as we keep hanging our hat on gimps, waiver players, relics, midgets, Fuhkarwee Indian Concussion Players...this is what we deserve.

Thanks home office....Compuware not doing well???

So how do we fix it? I mean besides kicking Brindy to the curve and shooting the rest. Hoiw do we go about getting back on track like we were in 06?

With the team we have now? Can't be done.

Probably not going to happen next year, since we won't likely get rid of the useless contracts that are weighing us down this year (Wallin, Kaberle, Eaves, etc)

A full on rebuild is what this team needs. It just can't be done, because the organization can't handle it, profit-wise.

06 is not coming back any time soon. Part of getting back there is getting out from under the contracts given out in elation by JR following the Cup. Bringing in some players who are not others rejects may go some distance there. The team is a bad mix of guys who are too old or who are still a bit young. Players at these points in their careers play inconsistently and therefore the team is inconsistent. Not bad enough to be awful, not good enough to be a real contender.

We have to suck (really suck) for a few years, build up some high draft picks and maybe we'll be decent for a time. We won't go anywhere with this pattern we're in of being mediocre every year and picking outside the top 10. Of course, the catch-22 is that if the team was really brutal for a few years, attendance would dry up too much and the team would probably move, so we're stuck with being mediocre.

So how do we fix it? I mean besides kicking Brindy to the curve and shooting the rest. Hoiw do we go about getting back on track like we were in 06?

Nobody will like my answer:

I say ditch Staal and Ward.

I know they are faces here and won the Cup and all....I love them too. But they have reached a comfort level that they can't seem to shake...what else do they need to prove here? Trade them for some guys that want to prove something.

Nobody will like my answer:

I say ditch Staal and Ward.

I know they are faces here and won the Cup and all....I love them too. But they have reached a comfort level that they can't seem to shake...what else do they need to prove here? Trade them for some guys that want to prove something.

I agree, I don't want to throw everyone under the bus but the mixture of players we have currently will never get us into the playoffs.

I agree, I don't want to throw everyone under the bus but the mixture of players we have currently will never get us into the playoffs.

I know I would get some Grrrrrrr's over that statement but...

Look at Tampa Bay...kept their two franchise players that won the Cup....they will never win again.

This team simply isn't very good. There is no simple fix, this group just isn't good enough.

Amen brother.... At least we will keep adding to our record as the ONLY TEAM TO NOT REACH THE PLAYOFFS AFTER WINNING THE CUP FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR! Stick a fork in us...we are done!

Amen brother.... At least we will keep adding to our record as the ONLY TEAM TO NOT REACH THE PLAYOFFS AFTER WINNING THE CUP FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR! Stick a fork in us...we are done!

And with continued application of the "I like this group of guys" approach by mgmt, a fourth year in that streak can't be far away.