The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
It--39-sSTAALGood-12

Any guess??

Oh....one last one. Grow up people. Booing Mo when he is announced at the games is getting old. He is your coach. Support it. I am sure the guys get up to play for you sour pusses hearing you boo who they are supposed to listen to.

a while back, I posted that I had come to the realization that this team was "average" and was bombarded. yes, they are average...but at least we get to see some good teams....and an occassional spark that makes people think maybe we are really good...

This team simply isn't very good. There is no simple fix, this group just isn't good enough.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

How dare all other teams in the NHL play better than us and not let us win every game.

I want a cup every year. I deserve it as a fan.

Fire JR.

PK sell the team.

Roddy go sit on a rocking chair.

Eric give up your salary and go back to your parents farm.

Foreign players go back to your countries.

Cam, Cam, Cam, you suck.

Let's see what else can I complain about becasue now I am spoiled becasue the team has only been here 11 years and I am a spoiled rotten fan base that throws everyone under the bus the second everything goes sour.

You know, I grew up a die hard Sabres fan. I moved down here when the team did and began watching them in Greensboro. ANd over time I gave up my beloved Sagres to become a crazed Caniac. I Have everthing Canes and have learned to hate the Sabres. I am embarrassed to see the drunken loud mouth fans that come to the RBC from BUffalo and make a joke of the great fan base Buffalo has. But one thing that is different in Buffalo. No matter win, or lose, year after year, the fans stick behind that team no matter what. They have never won a cup and they still each year sell out the building game after game. They cheer and they support.

But here, we demand to win. We are spoiled becasue we went one year and then we won one year. Give it a rest people. Ask Hartford what they would be doing. They never got a cup. I am sure they would be pleased with our team and would love to have our problems.

I too get frustrated with them not playing to their potential. They are better then the way they play. But firing everyone on the first set they loose is not the end. We might go till we are all dead and never see another Stanley Cup. Get used to that. That does not mean PK needs to sell the team or they need to leave Raleigh. That is professional sports. That is Hockey.

I was at the game last night and it was like a morge in there. I could hear conversations on the ice and I was in the third level. What happen to the noise. What happen to the loudest house in the NHL. Sure they have not given you a lot to cheer for, but maybe you have not cheered to give the players a lot to play for. Stick with your team. Win or lose. And stop being spoiled rotten brats.

I want my way I want my way.

I agree 100%. This board is as inconsistent as the teams play. When we win a game everybody is a hero and when we lose everybody sucks. This comes from having two of the most successful college basketball teams within 10 miles. If the fans have the same expectations as Duke and UNC they will always be disappointed. Between the two of them they might lose 15 games a year and almost every year one of them has a chance of winning the championship.

With a salary cap and draft picks every team has ups and downs. We have been very lucky to see the success this team has brought us. A true fan will support the team in good times and bad.

That's a fairly large brush you just painted the Hurricanes' fanbase with IRISHCANE. Outside of a few radical fans, I don't think there are many that realistically feel that players like Staal and Ward should be traded. I also don't think there are many that want to see players like Babchuk, Jokinen, Pitkanen, Ruutu, Samsonov, and Seidenberg to leave. I just think that the fanbase wants to see more consistency out of it's team, which I don't think is too much to ask. If we are a playoff team, compete against teams like Columbus and Florida. If we're not a playoff team, don't shutout teams like Buffalo. I think it's the constant up-and-down nature of the franchise that has driven a majority of the fanbase to the point where they want to see a significant change made.

That's a fairly large brush you just painted the Hurricanes' fanbase with IRISHCANE. Outside of a few radical fans, I don't think there are many that realistically feel that players like Staal and Ward should be traded. I also don't think there are many that want to see players like Babchuk, Jokinen, Pitkanen, Ruutu, Samsonov, and Seidenberg to leave. I just think that the fanbase wants to see more consistency out of it's team, which I don't think is too much to ask. If we are a playoff team, compete against teams like Columbus and Florida. If we're not a playoff team, don't shutout teams like Buffalo. I think it's the constant up-and-down nature of the franchise that has driven a majority of the fanbase to the point where they want to see a significant change made.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'd sign this post but not the letter from the OP. No gm has a 100% record with their signings. Theyre all risks and when most pan out pretty well like JR's, he's doing fine. Check any team and any sport and no GM gets it right every time. I think there are some unreasonable expectations around here.

I'd sign this post but not the letter from the OP. No gm has a 100% record with their signings. Theyre all risks and when most pan out pretty well like JR's, he's doing fine. Check any team and any sport and no GM gets it right every time. I think there are some unreasonable expectations around here.

If Staal and Ward could consistently play like this every night JR and us fans for that matter would have nothing to worry about.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

How dare all other teams in the NHL play better than us and not let us win every game.

I want a cup every year. I deserve it as a fan.

Fire JR.

PK sell the team.

Roddy go sit on a rocking chair.

Eric give up your salary and go back to your parents farm.

Foreign players go back to your countries.

Cam, Cam, Cam, you suck.

Let's see what else can I complain about becasue now I am spoiled becasue the team has only been here 11 years and I am a spoiled rotten fan base that throws everyone under the bus the second everything goes sour.

You know, I grew up a die hard Sabres fan. I moved down here when the team did and began watching them in Greensboro. ANd over time I gave up my beloved Sagres to become a crazed Caniac. I Have everthing Canes and have learned to hate the Sabres. I am embarrassed to see the drunken loud mouth fans that come to the RBC from BUffalo and make a joke of the great fan base Buffalo has. But one thing that is different in Buffalo. No matter win, or lose, year after year, the fans stick behind that team no matter what. They have never won a cup and they still each year sell out the building game after game. They cheer and they support.

But here, we demand to win. We are spoiled becasue we went one year and then we won one year. Give it a rest people. Ask Hartford what they would be doing. They never got a cup. I am sure they would be pleased with our team and would love to have our problems.

I too get frustrated with them not playing to their potential. They are better then the way they play. But firing everyone on the first set they loose is not the end. We might go till we are all dead and never see another Stanley Cup. Get used to that. That does not mean PK needs to sell the team or they need to leave Raleigh. That is professional sports. That is Hockey.

I was at the game last night and it was like a morge in there. I could hear conversations on the ice and I was in the third level. What happen to the noise. What happen to the loudest house in the NHL. Sure they have not given you a lot to cheer for, but maybe you have not cheered to give the players a lot to play for. Stick with your team. Win or lose. And stop being spoiled rotten brats.

I want my way I want my way.

My complaint is that this team is average. If they would spend to the cap, we could add one or two more high caliber players and would thus be average no more.

I'd have to say there are a few people that definitely have either too much invested emotionally in this team or they've played hockey in the past(maybe in college) and think they ought to be a coach....just a guess though. ;)

My complaint is that this team is average. If they would spend to the cap, we could add one or two more high caliber players and would thus be average no more.

I did the math and that would make a average increase in ticket prices of about $10. That is 5.774M (cap space available this season) for 41 games at 14,000 tickets per game. Is everyone ready for that? This is still a business and PK isn't going to suck up 6M so we can be happy, and that still will not guarantee anything. I checked the numbers and was shocked to see that Toronto was 9M under the cap. You would think the fans of that cash cow would be in an uproar.

For me what has made this team so frustrating the last couple of years is the inconsistency. Are our Hurricanes the ones that beat the Sharks, ran the Coyotes, and shut out the Sabres or are they the ones that rolled over for the Panthers and Blue Jackets? Yes, I spent my hard earned money and saw both of those disasters live. Early this season I posted that this team didn't have any identity; it didn't know who it was or how it plays. I still see this after two thirds of the season. That doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

This team isn't positioned to be a big buyer at the deadline. We don't have a future to mortgage. If you remember, we did that and won a Stanley Cup, a thing many teams will never do. Every sport has the haves and the have-nots. We are a spoiled have-not fan base that has an eleven year history with 2 Stanley Cup Finals appearances and has seen the Cup hoisted on home ice. There are millions of fans around the league that would love to trade places with us.

Do I get frustrated? Yes.

Do I think this team has obvious weaknesses? Yes.

Do I think some changes need to be made? Yes.

Do I think that PK should use the "nuclear option" and start over? No.

For those of you who want Staal and Ward gone I ask this; who do you want in their places for the same money and do you think the move can be made? It's easy to say trade them, or Kabs, or Wallin or whoever else is the goat of the day but you have to have a trade partner. Okay, say you want to trade Staal for Ovechkin. Do you think J.R. can pull that one off? Personally, I'd have sent Brookbank to the Caps for Ovechkin. I think I'd have about the same chance as sending Staal. Let's fire the coach and J.R. and pay them to do nothing as well as Lavi. That way there will be less money to spend on the on ice product. I was for a coaching change because something needed to be done to shake up the team but obviously that didn't do the job. We can make up for that dead management salary with another increase in ticket prices, so that really isn't a concern. This team is and always will be a small market team that can't or won't spend up to the cap, especially with the current economic problems. At least it isn't MLB where the Yankees can spend 200M more than other teams.

All Canes fans, don't give up. We have been spoiled by our rapid success just as Staal and Ward were placed a little too high on their pedistals because of that same success. I think the Canes could do a better marketing job and I think the local media could do a better job of covering the Canes. To the rocket scientists who make the television schedule; why wouldn't you have the Sabres game on TV? It wasn't going up against the NFL which is the normal Sunday excuse. Luckily I could watch it, but what about the fan we are trying to develop? More fans = more ticket sales = more parking revenue = more concessions = more merchandise sales = more money for PK = more money for players. Ask someone to go to the game with you that has never seen a game. When you can get a ticket for 9.99, there isn't any excuse for not taking along a friend. Live hockey will sell itself if you can get new fans in the seats.

I could stay on my soapbox forever, and I have ventured a little off the mark. My point is, our expectations are set too high. I want to win and win it all as much as anybody, but there are a lot of teams in the league and there can be only one champion. It's too much to expect it every year. It would be great to make the playoffs and that too would help financially with the team, but I also want to look at the long term success of the team and not do anything to damage that.

Go Canes