The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Scott-In-Montreal

How about this for a trade?

What version of Kovalev you giving us? The dont give a *bleep* one, or the Penguins one?

Cause i'd have to imagine if you were giving us the Penguins one, he wouldn't be on the block :)

Hey Scott,,

To tell you the truth i am willing to try just about anything at this point. Not sure if the Canes are but i'm sure you know how that goes as a fan. To tell you the truth i think it would be a good trade. Don't get me wrong i really really Like Roddy and when he goes to the HOF I want him in a Canes Uniform but this would probably be good for both of these guys..Sometimes change isn't always a bad thing! Would just be very weird if Rod were to come back here to play and be in a HABS uniform!

What version of Kovalev you giving us? The dont give a *bleep* one, or the Penguins one?

Cause i'd have to imagine if you were giving us the Penguins one, he wouldn't be on the block :)

He is having problems right now because Carbo is playing with the lines almost daily.

That is why I suggested Whitney, Williams or Samsonov.

The guy can still play. You have to understand what it is like being up here.

You can't do anything without it ending up in the paper. Especially the French press.

Front page. "Kovolev goes to bathroom" pgs 22,23,24 etc...

It is unbelievable sometimes. They stakeout in front of these guys homes 24/7.

There is a reason players do not want to play here or get fed up quickly.

I really think that he would thrive in a "Small Town" in the hockey sense.

Plus the fact he is a Cane killer when we play the Habs..Just goes to show ya,,you can beat em and still join em!!! ;)

Up here in Montreal they are going crazy about Alex Kovalev and his lack of production.

The Canadiens have put him on "hold" right now and have left him home for their current two game road trip.

Rumour has it that he is on the block.

How about a Brind Amour for Kovalev trade?

I think that it would help both teams out.

Alex Kovalev would flourish on a line with Whitney and Samsonov, or Williams IMO.

Brind Amour is the type of player the Habs want and need.

Thoughts ???

And if your name were Bob Gainey and mine were Jim Rutherford, I'd say yes and the world would be a better place... :D

One could only dream...

Well, if they were offering us the Penguins or the 07/08 version of Kovalev, I assume they'd be asking for the 05/06 version of Brind'Amour. But since we don't have a time machine, I guess we're talking about current versions of both players. Still, a pretty good deal for both teams, IMO.

I am appalled! How dare you attempt to impede on golf season in April!

You see, up there in Montreal it's still kinda cold in April, much colder than here, it may even snow from time to time. Therefore, they can't play golf in April, they gotta play some faster more exciting sport that's played indoors. Here on the other hand....

This trade makes no sense. Actually - i'm fan of Kovalev, but i think we need fresh young blood, players like Cheechoo, Hunter, Pominville or Havlat.

I have written to death my theory that this team has stopped responding to Brindy as a leader. I will just use this tiny sentence to expound on this theory. Goal differencial with Brindy out: 11-5, after he was brought back: 5-15, 2-15 at home.

So, yes, ANY trade that moves Brind'Amour is a good one for the effect it will have on the rest of the team. This would certainly qualify. I would do this in a heartbeat.

How about I trade my Grandfather for yours. Two underperforming Senior Citizens changing places might cause a bump in play for a game or two, but long term ramifications are pretty much null.