The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzowness

2.20.09 vs. Lightning-will you go or no?

I'll be there, STH, maybe I'll borrow a friends non-Canes jersey so they think it's an away game!

Post of the week :)

I'm going to the friday night game because my fiances cousins are playing Mini Mites in the period break, so we are going to cheer them on.

Considering I've only been to one game so far this season and they were last minute "Hey, I got free hockey tickets from a friend lets go" tickets, I'll go to any game I can get tickets too...

Considering we have had success this season against the Bolts it should be a really good game. Hopefully leighton will get the start with the second half of the back to back...

I would go if I had tickets and didn't have to work then. I might not go to far out of my way to get the tickets though if I didn't have to work.

edit: Although after the last home game I went to (CBJ) I would require a severe amount of alcohol prior to.

I will be going to the game on Friday. Not overly optimistic about the result, as it's a home game and we're 4-0 vs Tampa Bay this season, so we're due to lose to them at some point. But that hasn't stopped me going to games before, so why should it now? Also, it's a $1 hot dog night, so you can feel like you're getting some kind of a deal for your money.

I'll be there, STH, maybe I'll borrow a friends non-Canes jersey so they think it's an away game!

I'll be there too. I think I have a Lightning jersey somewhere too. :rolleyes:

Interesting that this question should come up. A friend here at work had bought a season ticket after the Cup run, she wasn't a hockey fan per se, but wanted to give the sport a chance. I'm not sure if it was the team's performance or just not getting into the sport.. but she didn't renew, and went back to attending basketball.

She got an email that she shared with me about Friday's game that offered her two free tickets in the same level where she had her last season ticket. Nothing to buy, just free tickets. The account holder must be present to pick them up, and she isn't going to be there, so she won't be accepting the offer and it can't be transferred to anyone else. But I would hope they made this offer to anyone who had purchased season tickets in the past, and Friday night the RBC will be full of fans.

I will go to the game if for no other reason than i am a full season ticket holder and WILL NOT waste a ticket/parking pass. doesn't mean i will like it though.

Interesting that this question should come up. A friend here at work had bought a season ticket after the Cup run, she wasn't a hockey fan per se, but wanted to give the sport a chance. I'm not sure if it was the team's performance or just not getting into the sport.. but she didn't renew, and went back to attending basketball.

She got an email that she shared with me about Friday's game that offered her two free tickets in the same level where she had her last season ticket. Nothing to buy, just free tickets. The account holder must be present to pick them up, and she isn't going to be there, so she won't be accepting the offer and it can't be transferred to anyone else. But I would hope they made this offer to anyone who had purchased season tickets in the past, and Friday night the RBC will be full of fans.

That is why I am going. I had season tickets in the past, but with an adoption in process extras needed to be cut. That was an extra that could be cut. So, when I got the e-mail, I was all over it. Faxed it back and got the e-mail yesterday. But I do not intend to buy anymore tickets this season. The team seems to have given up, so why can't I.

Kara

I will be at the game, as well as games next year and the year after that. I may not buy the full season ticket package, but go to the 24. I want to hold onto my account status.

I also will watch every Cubs game this year that I can, knowing full well they will not make the playoff nor will they likely win IT during my lifetime.

I plan on going because we bought tickets in advanced..but i am disappointed on how they play at home...we spend alot of money on seats to watch them give up after the first...

Frustrates me but i am a fan who will stay true to them.

That is why I am going. I had season tickets in the past, but with an adoption in process extras needed to be cut. That was an extra that could be cut. So, when I got the e-mail, I was all over it. Faxed it back and got the e-mail yesterday. But I do not intend to buy anymore tickets this season. The team seems to have given up, so why can't I.

Kara

That's the spirit!

Also for the people who voted you wouldn't go even if you could...why are you on here?

I had tickets, but will be unable to make this game. However, put the tickets up on Craigslist and they sold within 24 hours. So atleast I was able to fill my seats. Here's hoping they get to see a good game and will want to come back.

I will be back on Sunday as I will for the rest of the home games. As long as there is a professional hockey team in my backyard and the funds are available, I will be a season ticket holder.

I've cheered for alot worse teams in my lifetime.

I've cheered for alot worse teams in my lifetime.

I went to Tampa Bay Bucs games during their first two seasons and was at their first home win, Now, those were two bad teams.

That's the spirit!

Also for the people who voted you wouldn't go even if you could...why are you on here?

Why are you so stupid with your money?

There, a biting question right back at ya.

To seriously answer your question though, some of us don't like to waste money. As I said in my post about Sunday's game, I'm going, but only because I purchased tickets a while back.

Right now, with the way the team is playing, I would not purchase tickets to a home game. If someone just gave me the tickets then sure I'd go...but buying for what we've seen on the ice...no thanks.

I'd go if I could, and quite frankly, that should be what everyone chooses. Anybody who doesn't support the team just because they're losing is ridiculous. I haven't even been to ten games yet, but I can easily say that I've had a blast at every single game that I've went to. And I've been through some blowout losses, too. So I'd easily go no matter what.