The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzowness

2.20.09 vs. Lightning-will you go or no?

Why are you so stupid with your money?

There, a biting question right back at ya.

To seriously answer your question though, some of us don't like to waste money. As I said in my post about Sunday's game, I'm going, but only because I purchased tickets a while back.

Right now, with the way the team is playing, I would not purchase tickets to a home game. If someone just gave me the tickets then sure I'd go...but buying for what we've seen on the ice...no thanks.

You have solved ALL my problems with your biting question! I have exercised a demon!

Well I guess it depends on what you consider wasting money...You have every right to spend your money how you see fit.

Though if people want to consider them selves a fan then be a fan and go to games when you can...it's really that simple. If that means you can't afford to go to games yet watch them on TV then so be it, that is how you support the team. If that means you can afford season tickets in the Champions Club then do it.

It's funny to see people equate going to a Hurricanes game and not "feeling" like you get what you pay for with some schister who takes your money and runs when you pay him to put a new deck on your home(or something like that). There is no disclaimer on your ticket that gaurantees the team will win(or even be competative) on any given night.

Why are you so stupid with your money?

There, a biting question right back at ya.

To seriously answer your question though, some of us don't like to waste money. As I said in my post about Sunday's game, I'm going, but only because I purchased tickets a while back.

Right now, with the way the team is playing, I would not purchase tickets to a home game. If someone just gave me the tickets then sure I'd go...but buying for what we've seen on the ice...no thanks.

You look at it as wasting money, where others may look at it as entertainment. I'm a season ticket holder, i'm lucky at the moment that I can afford it. Even though we have been outscored 15-2 these last 3 home games, I don't consider it a waste of money.

I grew up watching the sport. Hockey to me is the best sport out there. I enjoy watching the sport and I enjoy watching all teams not just the Canes, although, I only cheer for the canes.

For me, watching a live hockey game far outweighs watching it on TV. So as long as I can afford it and as long as there is a team in my backyard, I will spend my money on tickets whether this team wins the presidant trophy or if they win the draft.

Everyone is different. You consider it wasting money, I consider it entertainment.

I would love to go.. unfortunately I can't get out of work tonight. I will be listening to Chuck and the letter K on the radio though.. that's just as good to me! Let's get'em tonight 'Canes!!!!!!

I am a season ticket holder, but have not been to game since new years, due to travels. I haven't missed much based on thier past few home games.

I am looking forward to being at tonights game and to a big WIN tonight.

You look at it as wasting money, where others may look at it as entertainment. I'm a season ticket holder, i'm lucky at the moment that I can afford it. Even though we have been outscored 15-2 these last 3 home games, I don't consider it a waste of money.

I grew up watching the sport. Hockey to me is the best sport out there. I enjoy watching the sport and I enjoy watching all teams not just the Canes, although, I only cheer for the canes.

For me, watching a live hockey game far outweighs watching it on TV. So as long as I can afford it and as long as there is a team in my backyard, I will spend my money on tickets whether this team wins the presidant trophy or if they win the draft.

Everyone is different. You consider it wasting money, I consider it entertainment.

Well, I guess "wasting money" is a little strong. When I first started going to 'Canes games in the '03-'04 season, I just loved it no matter what...the atmosphere, the actual game of hockey, etc. As we all remember, the team was pretty bad that season, but their performance didn't dim my enjoyment of going...I was entertained whether or not they won.

Fast forward 4-5 years later, and the entertainment comes more from the team's performance than anything else now. Sure, all the stuff that comes with the game is great, but you don't really pay to see that; rather, you pay to come out and watch a team play with effort, emotion, and hopefully get a victory. When those things don't happen, on a consistent basis, then "I" am no longer entertained enough to spend money on going to the games. Do I still support the team? Hell yes, I'd argue just as much as the people willing to fork over $$$ to attend the games. I don't think support of a sports team should be necessarily tied down to spending money and attending games...some of us just don't have that type of dough to play around with in the first place.

I guess I have just reached a point where I like to see some sort of return on my investment, and when I don't see that, I stop putting the investment in...but the support doesn't stop. Like you mentioned though CLF, the game of hockey truly is incredible, and five years ago that's what drew me to pay and come watch...sadly, I can't remember the last time that I went to a 'Canes game and just enjoyed the hockey being played without the critique of the Hurricanes players. Maybe that's our difference...I've become too much of a fan of the team, and not of the actual game itself.

I get what you're saying, fallen. These past home games have been tough, and frankly, while some claim they enjoy it because they enjoy watching hockey, I've got this two say:

The games against Florida/Columbus/Boston - That wasn't hockey. If you weren't entertained by those games, then you're a normal person, because they weren't enjoyable in the least. To watch one team roll over another, whether or not your team is involved at all, it's not entertaining.

Well FA at least one of your "investments" in Canes tickets was for a lesser amount than walk up. Just a definition that you might want to consider. Investment: the use of ones time, money, &/or effort for thechance at an increase on that same. In other words money spent on entertainment is NOT an investment. Just ask all the people over the last year that lost 40% on their 401k investments, it was not entertaining. A movie can be entertainment whether you enjoy it or not.