The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

standings

Buffalo isn't the team you should be worried about. It is Pittsburgh because the league will try at all lenghts to get Mr. Wonderful in the playoffs. You saw Buffalo at its best last night and quite frankly they just don't have enough to really scare me.

my frustration is that out of the last 5 games, we are 4/5...yet still 9th...statisically can we keep winning and have the other teams lose that we get in?

we should have gotten the 2pts in regulation.

still...i think we have a few games of major importance in front of us. let's hope we dont get shut out again like last year..or the year before for that matter...though last year was gut wrenching...

done babbling now.

We have 32 wins Buffalo 31 so why are we still below them in the conference standings?

Technicallly we're in 8th by virtue of one more W over BUF. But they do have a game in hand - if they win or lose in OT they go ahead of us again. Basically, we're tied with them right now, but they control their destiny (if the season was 1 game longer)

my frustration is that out of the last 5 games, we are 4/5...yet still 9th...statisically can we keep winning and have the other teams lose that we get in?

we should have gotten the 2pts in regulation.

still...i think we have a few games of major importance in front of us. let's hope we dont get shut out again like last year..or the year before for that matter...though last year was gut wrenching...

done babbling now.

We're in 9th because that's where we will end up if JR doesn't make a move and the hockey gods are just pointing that out to us.

We're in 9th because that's where we will end up if JR doesn't make a move and the hockey gods are just pointing that out to us.

ammmennnnn!!!!!

we defeniltey need to make a big trade

'06 we made a trade for reechi and weight

defeeennittlleyyy a bonus for us in the playoffs

we desperatley need that move again!!!

Here is the tie-breaker format, which hopefully explains why we are still 9th:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. Goal differential

With only gaining 1 point on the Sabres last nite how big is that loss to the Sens now???Plus the fact that the Kitty's won last night!!

yeah...tell me about it. 2 pts vs the sens would have been nice, as would have beating the slugs in regulation. i posted earlier about 4 wins out of last 5 and still being on the outside looking in....

keep it up boys, keep it up....PLEASE

With only gaining 1 point on the Sabres last nite how big is that loss to the Sens now???Plus the fact that the Kitty's won last night!!

I'm actually fine with the Cats winning that one in regulation last night. I think our best bet to get in, is if the Rangers fall out. The Cats still have 2 games in hand, I just don't see us catching them. I think they get in with the 6th or 7th spot.

Canes and Rangers have both played 63 games, Canes with 69pts and Rangers with 70, Carolina currently has one more win with 32. We play these guys two more times, both at home. Those 2 games will be huge. If we get those 4 pts and it comes down to a tiebreaker, we should win the tiebreaker.

We need the Rangers to keep falling in that downward spiral so the Cats did us a favor.

And even though we gave Buffalo a point, every point counts when you're in a fight with a couple teams. It gave us an extra point distance from Pittsburgh and allowed us to gain a point on the Rangers. Atleast we got the big extra point.