The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

I have to say I have been impressed with Mo so far

Who here still believes the issue was coaching? New coach, different system....a bit.. not completely but enough to say changes were made. Same results, same tendency to go on a streak poop our pants and then feel the need to drop the same amount of games that our streak was. Lavi had a 3 game streak earlier to which it was matched with 3 losses in a row.

What is the difference in this team and Lavis when you get past the obvious (defense v offensive)? We're still .500 but we look different doing it. Still battling for a playoff spot, what has changed?

I'm not even gonna say we got a bad coach, I still say the issue is Brindy even though the boards have died down on him. He could be on the 4th line but I think the Captains lost his team not the coach. You cant lead when you stink up the place. You cant say go and down this or get up someones butt for not playing hard when your coasting. Makes you a hypocrite and thats what I think the team see's Brindy as right now. Tells them to do something, goes on the ice and does something else. You can't be led by that.

Exactly!! As Brindy goes so goes the team.

Yes Lavi should still be here and I think things would be better. We do need some size and grit to our team we need some big aggressive players. I saw toronto players trying to to start stuff and we didnt do anything it set the tone for the whole game we can push these guys around all night. I say bring brookbank back to get some fight back in these guys. Ruttu can fight but he is more usefull on the ice instead of the box as for Gleason and Walker. bayda has a little scrap to him like larose. Williams has had some fight in him bt it goes back to size. As for Brindy look what we done with out him at the end of the season last year.

I forgot one of the other major reasons for the coaching change, that being the premise that the endgame coaching of Laviolette was too aggressive and cost us crucial points in the later stages of games.

So after this Vancouver loss, we see more of the same. We couldn't protect a point with 2 minutes left in the game AND while on power play?

Either way, he either failed to coach it properly OR he coached it properly and the players ignored him. Sad result no matter what it is, and no more effective than Lav.

Ok, so if Mo wasn't brought in for a situation just like tonight against Atlanta, why was he brought in? If he can't shutdown the second worst team in the east with a 2 goal lead in the third period, what can he do?

He's supposed to be the coach that can shut it down and bring home the win with defensive play.

I can't stand it.

I was stunned when I saw this topic title "I have to say I have been impressed with Mo so far, I was wrong on my opinon when he was brought in." I have to agree...it takes a special coach to blow a 2 goal lead against one of the worst teams in the east! Lets sign him to a long term contract today! :blink: