The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

February schedule

Now here's a positive subject. I think that we will tear it up this month. The team has had a resurgence (for reasons not to be discussed further), and I am sensing a great month ahead.

I'm going with 7-3 for the rest of the month, thus ending February 9-4. I would not be shocked if it's 8-2 and 10-3.

Now here's a positive subject. I think that we will tear it up this month. The team has had a resurgence (for reasons not to be discussed further), and I am sensing a great month ahead.

I'm going with 7-3 for the rest of the month, thus ending February 9-4. I would not be shocked if it's 8-2 and 10-3.

Yeah!! But what result against which teams? Don't be lazy, put 'em up there :lol: :lol:

The Panthers have a tough schedule coming up, this is a great opportunity to distance ourselves from them.

I say we keep it rolling against Florida and Columbus, who just put Mason on the IR, Buffalo, who just lost Vanek for a month, and end our streak in Boston. Pick it back up against the Isalnders and Lightning and lose to the Avs, And then take the last three in the month.

Florida W

Blue Jackets W

Buff W

Bos L

Islanders W

Tampa W

Avs L

Ott W

Buff W

Atl W

This is me being overly optimistic, maybe rightfully so, but probably not, after our last 2 wins.

Yeah!! But what result against which teams? Don't be lazy, put 'em up there :lol: :lol:

Here's how we could go 8-2. I am predicting 7-3, but here's 8-2.

Florida W

Blue Jackets W

Buff L

Bos L

Islanders W

Tampa W

Avs W

Ott W

Buff W

Atl W

Buffalo just lost Vanek for 3+ weeks, but they will be rested and we are back to back.

Bruins, Glen Wesley night, we did just be San Jose.....still a long shot.

No reason to lose any of the others.

The Panthers have a tough schedule coming up, this is a great opportunity to distance ourselves from them.

I say we keep it rolling against Florida and Columbus, who just put Mason on the IR, Buffalo, who just lost Vanek for a month, and end our streak in Boston. Pick it back up against the Isalnders and Lightning and lose to the Avs, And then take the last three in the month.

Florida W

Blue Jackets W

Buff W

Bos L

Islanders W

Tampa W

Avs L

Ott W

Buff W

Atl W

This is me being overly optimistic, maybe rightfully so, but probably not, after our last 2 wins.

I forget about Vanek getting a broken jaw...I think we will both those games.

I am going to say the only game we lose is against the Avalanche...this month should put us in good shape to make it into the post season and dare I say it get in striking distance of the Capitals.

We have the ability to win them all..the only one that i think we will lose is to Bosten, Got to admit Thomas is amazing!...but you never know!!

Thats what I was thinking too, but I don't know if we can get that many wins without more than one loss in the middle.

This is definitely overly optimistic, but it's what I see based on injuries to other teams and our play:

8-2 for the rest of the month:

FL - W

CBJ - W

BUF - L

BOS - L

NYI - W

TB - W

COL - W

OTT - W

BUF - W

ATL - W

...then opening March with a loss to the Caps.

Yea I'm not sure why everyone has us losing to the Avs...they're 14th in the West. Maybe just a timing thing?

Overall though I say we beat everyone except the Sabres (@ HSBC) and the Sens (@ ScotiaBank)

Put me down for all W's baby. We're going to win them all.

I've also got some nice swampland for sale.

Beachfront?

I think people are tired of feeling so negative and its nice to sign on and see something positive once in awhile. I do hope that people stay cautiously optimistic because anything can happen to change anything at any time. And more importantly, if the month doesnt go as well as some think, it'll make a lot of work for the staff here when the meltdowns come. :o

That said, all W's for me too and Ill take that property superdave :)

Beachfront?

I think people are tired of feeling so negative and its nice to sign on and see something positive once in awhile. I do hope that people stay cautiously optimistic because anything can happen to change anything at any time. And more importantly, if the month doesnt go as well as some think, it'll make a lot of work for the staff here when the meltdowns come. :o

That said, all W's for me too and Ill take that property superdave :)

If you want beachfront, I'm selling that too. Are you interested in the Brooklyn bridge?

If you want beachfront, I'm selling that too. Are you interested in the Brooklyn bridge?

Only if the season heads south and I need a place to jump. ;)

Seriously tough, I think we beat Boston this time. They've come so close before and now have the confidence they didnt have when they played them previously. Besides, they have to get one for Glen Wesley.

Seriously tough, I think we beat Boston this time. They've come so close before and now have the confidence they didnt have when they played them previously. Besides, they have to get one for Glen Wesley.

Obviously Boston should be the toughest game but we should be due. Buffalo is always fun and we are right with them in the standings; we could grab those two. The rest of the games are against teams that aren't currently playoff teams and 5 of the games are against teams ranked near the bottom of their conference. Average conference rank of remaining teams to be played in Feb, 10.2 (and this is counting #1 Boston, the rest average 11.2).

Is it optimistic to say all W's, of course, but the schedule isn't too bad for us this month. We could make some good strides in the standings. Buffalo has the same amount of remaining games in Feb and the average conference rank of their opponents is 8.0. This sets them up for a tougher month and we have 2 head to head games. Could we be in 7th place at the start of March?

alright well lets see we got

florida historys good... W

colombus W

buffalo... good game hmmm L

boston L

islanders W

lightning W

avalanche W

ottawa W

buffalo... lets get a W

atlanta W

idk hopefully something like that im kinda iffy on the last three

but hey im gonna be optamistic because WE SHOULDDDDDDD

be coming out with at least 7-2-0 coming out of febuary

but hey lets just get it done 9-0 :) YEAHHH LETS GO!

Using Hauser's format, and beating those below us while losing to those above us:

(H) Florida - W

(H) Blue Jackets W

(A) Buffalo L

(H) Bos L

(A) Islanders W

(H) Tampa W

(H) Avs W

(A) Ott W

(H) Buff OTL

(A) Atl W

Yields: 7-2-1. I'd take it. That would put us at 74 points going into March and solidly in 8th unless Fla gets super hot. This is the last "easy" stretch we have. 80% of the teams we play in March/April are in playoff position or fighting for it. We gotta make hay now.

I will go ahead and call the games against Florida and Buffalo must wins. Especially Buffalo as they are 3 points ahead of us right now. This will be our easiest stretch for the rest of the year, it is essential to have a great month.