The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

February schedule

Remkin, I think we get your point.......again. ;) Okay, I had us a 1-2 at this point. Got that right, just got crossed up on the Jackets and Buffalo games. I'm calling for the big win on Wesley night.

Remkin, I think we get your point.......again. ;) Okay, I had us a 1-2 at this point. Got that right, just got crossed up on the Jackets and Buffalo games. I'm calling for the big win on Wesley night.

OK, OK just wanted to make sure everyone got it. I'll stop now on that point for a while at least. It looks like I am going to have to be wrong for us to make it, so here's to me being wrong!

Obviously Boston should be the toughest game but we should be due. Buffalo is always fun and we are right with them in the standings; we could grab those two. The rest of the games are against teams that aren't currently playoff teams and 5 of the games are against teams ranked near the bottom of their conference. Average conference rank of remaining teams to be played in Feb, 10.2 (and this is counting #1 Boston, the rest average 11.2).

Is it optimistic to say all W's, of course, but the schedule isn't too bad for us this month. We could make some good strides in the standings. Buffalo has the same amount of remaining games in Feb and the average conference rank of their opponents is 8.0. This sets them up for a tougher month and we have 2 head to head games. Could we be in 7th place at the start of March?

Yes. I think we will be in 7th or maybe higher if the habs keeps freefalling

Ugh.. we were 5-5.. i knew 7-2-1 would have been a good record. Unfortunately, we did not do what we needed to do. Let's hope March will be better. But if i were to predict in the March thread, it would not be good.

Using Hauser's format, and beating those below us while losing to those above us:

(H) Florida - W

(H) Blue Jackets W

(A) Buffalo L

(H) Bos L

(A) Islanders W

(H) Tampa W

(H) Avs W

(A) Ott W

(H) Buff OTL

(A) Atl W

Yields: 7-2-1. I'd take it. That would put us at 74 points going into March and solidly in 8th unless Fla gets super hot. This is the last "easy" stretch we have. 80% of the teams we play in March/April are in playoff position or fighting for it. We gotta make hay now.