The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

Have to agree with you there, Corvo is playing too well to let go. I'm all for saying adios to Kaberle and Malichar (or however you spell his name). I like Babchuk and want him to stay but if it were between him and Corvo, then I say good bye Chuk

somebody is smoking something on this one, we didn't trade away Stillman and Commie just to dump these two. I can see Eaves, maybe and possibly Kabs (though he seems to be one of our best D-man this year). Babchuk and Melicar are gone before Corvo.

I doubt we deal Corvo expecially since it came from a Ottawa paper.

Eaves and Kabs are real possibilities though and Kabs more so now because he was having a rather good start to his season. I dont think he's gona come back and play that well though and maybe if we deal him fast enough we can be over it. I think we have to many cooks in the offensive d-man kitchen right now.

If we're not gonna make the playoffs I'd kinda like to see us move Brindy and get younger. Since we got enough centers for two teams.

I doubt we deal Corvo expecially since it came from a Ottawa paper.

Ah, Ottawa: home to two newspapers -- one, a tabloid :o -- who "report" puck the way the National Equirer "reports" on actors and pop stars. They're not exactly news sources I'd turn to for sound reporting. CBC.ca and Faceoff.com, IMHO, are much more likely to give you straight news on potential deals.

Anyway, those rumors don't sound as if there's a lot of meat to 'em.

Jan/GSBG

I don't really want to see Corvo or Eaves go just yet, but the word has been out on Kaberle all season (and last), so I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone by Christmas (assuming he can stay healthy). That being said, for the brief periods that Frank has been in the lineup, I think he's played relatively well. In his most recent games, he still looks like he's getting up to speed, but there is a huge difference between Kaberle at 75-80% and Babchuk at 100%. If he can continue to get his legs back, we should be able to get a little something in return for Frank, and who knows, we may even keep him.

I do not care for Babchuk at all. If we can even get a reasonably high draft pick (4th) for him, I say we move him asap. He's about as physical for a big guy as Marek Malik was and he panics in his own zone everytime he gets the puck if an opposing player is within 15 feet of him. Sure, he has a hard shot, but his shot selection is poor. Dump him!!

I also don't think that Melichar has been as bad as some make him. Nik Lidstrom would have a hard time staying on the plus side if paired with Babchuk. If you paired Melichar with someone like Wallin or even Corvo, I think we'd all be less down on Josef.

Eaves has had a disappointing season due to injuries, which seems to be par for the course with him, but in his last two stints I've begun to see what all the fuss was about. Will he ever be a 1st or 2nd liner? I doubt it. But, he certainly can play well enough to be a solid 3rd line player if he can stay out of the trainer's room. Of course, that's a big "if". I can't see that he'll have much trade value at this point.

I think you could certainly make a case that Corvo has looked lost for much of the season and he could indeed be a trade target. But, many of the better players on this team have looked lost this season, so I have to think that Corvo can still redeem himself if the team can get it together collectively. I agree with others who have said that they disapprove of Laviolette's use of Corvo (and Pitkanen) on the powerplay, but I am pleased with the PK time that's been given to Corvo. By showing some confidence (and expectations) in Joe, I think he feels like a more important and multidimensional part of this team, more than he ever did in Ottawa. If we can come up with an effective plan for our PP units, I think that Corvo will end up playing an important part in this team's resurgence.

I would be very cautious about any major trade rumors, period. Kaberle is the only 1 I see traded, and in order to do that he has to play a few more games to show that the injury from earlier in the season is truly a thing of the past. Eaves may be traded too, the good thing about him is a relatively cheap contract, the bad things are his current form and his propensity to get injured. Pretty much everyone else is either untradeable or should not be traded.

The veterans who can be traded (Brind'Amour, Whitney, Walker, Sampsonov

From TFP: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/car081130.html''>http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/car081130.html' target="_blank">http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/car081130.html[/post]

I can see Eaves and Kaberle, but Corvo? That would be a HUGE mistake, I think. If we are looking to shed defensemen, Bab's or Mel, or both, should go!!! I know they Bab's has picked up his game but I am still not impressed with him.

Thoughts? :huh:

Ok well i think that we should get ride of Kaberle. He has been slaking and has not been scoring. Staal has been slaking to. He was grate but know he has not being scoring as much as last year. i am not saying to get ride of him but i am saying to SCORE Staal SCORE WE NEED U SO WE CAN GO TO THE PLAYOFFS! Legtion (Not sure how to spell that sry) I think should go. he is like Grame But i have to say that he is a tad bit better. They really need a supper good golie. And Came is hurt our best golie. So i say that the team is in trouble untile Came comes back. I have herad that they should get ride of Nic because he has only been getting assites and not goals. I think we should keep him. He is the best Defenesmen we got. So KEEP HIM. (He has a few goals this season and that is good for a defensmen) I have think that we would keep Corvo. I think they should keep him to. He is pretty good.

somebody is smoking something on this one, we didn't trade away Stillman and Commie just to dump these two. I can see Eaves, maybe and possibly Kabs (though he seems to be one of our best D-man this year). Babchuk and Melicar are gone before Corvo.

Its the Ottawa Sun which screams Bruce Garriach. Bruce has been trading Corvo out of Carolina since he got here. And its no surprise he's now throwing Eaves in the mix. And its no secret Kaberle was being shopped over the summer, but with the injuries to our defense, I don't think he's being actively shopped anymore.

I tend to not believe anything that comes from the Ottawa Sun, like GSBG said, its like the National Inquirer for Canada.

The team we have on the ice isn't working right now. IMO that makes almost everyone (except Staal) a possibility

to be traded. I like Corvo and the way he plays but if you can get a top line winger for the Staal line, a winger

that can skate, dig along the boards and open up the ice for Staal. Well then I think Corvo could go.

The team we have on the ice isn't working right now. IMO that makes almost everyone (except Staal) a possibility

to be traded. I like Corvo and the way he plays but if you can get a top line winger for the Staal line, a winger

that can skate, dig along the boards and open up the ice for Staal. Well then I think Corvo could go.

WHY NOT STAAL , I KNOW (CONTRACT)? MAYBE WE COULD GET A 25 GOAL SCORER FOR HIM. :angry: ANY TEAM THAT PLAYS CAROLINA KNOWS THAT TWO GOALS WILL GET THEM A WIN AND TWO POINTS 50% OF THE TIME AND AT THE VERY LEAST A POINT IN THE STANDING,,AND THREE GOALS IS ALMOST A CERTAIN WIN.

The Sun is akin to our National Inquirer. It's a tabloid newspaper. But like all the media in Ottawa, it focuses mainly on the Sens, since that's essentially all they've got up there.

hmm? Corvo is a great defender for us, as well as Eaves, I haven't seen kaberle do anything too effective.

Eaves????? that guy needs to be on waivers man. I haven't seen him do anything impressive since we got him. I dont know where all the hype came from surrounding him.

Eaves????? that guy needs to be on waivers man. I haven't seen him do anything impressive since we got him. I dont know where all the hype came from surrounding him.

He was a 20 goal scorer....once. In a year when everyone in the league scored more.

WHY NOT STAAL , I KNOW (CONTRACT)? MAYBE WE COULD GET A 25 GOAL SCORER FOR HIM. :angry: ANY TEAM THAT PLAYS CAROLINA KNOWS THAT TWO GOALS WILL GET THEM A WIN AND TWO POINTS 50% OF THE TIME AND AT THE VERY LEAST A POINT IN THE STANDING,,AND THREE GOALS IS ALMOST A CERTAIN WIN.

It is Possible Staal could be traded. It would need to be a big name trade. The Canes have been building the team

around Staal and his contract is a BIG one for another team to assume. With his talent and at his young age I

just don't think he would be on the trading block. I do agree with you that if the Canes don't score 3 most times they don't win.

It is Possible Staal could be traded. It would need to be a big name trade. The Canes have been building the team

around Staal and his contract is a BIG one for another team to assume. With his talent and at his young age I

just don't think he would be on the trading block. I do agree with you that if the Canes don't score 3 most times they don't win.

are you kidding me. Staal yes hes a great player...in the past. this season has really stunk for him. i know players go through ups and downs but ive watched him. hes....well imo lazy. trys to be the superstar every game, going 1 on 3 and getting poked away. taking bad shots, and just at times standing in front of goal waiting for something to happen. i remeber when HE made it happen. now not so much. i dont want to trade him either, but he needs to get it in gear. also this is a TEAM effort, he nor brindy nor the wizard carry the team. they all have to work together. weve got a great team, that needs great leadership, if you want a trade to happen TRADE LAV'S

Kaberle is playing well. I would only trade him if we could get a good value in return. I don't really think Eaves is can be traded. He will most likely be put on the fourth line or scratched when Williams returns. I like Corvo, but his offense has not lived up to expectations this year. Someone needs to tell him to aim at the guy wearing the funny looking pads,and try not to wear out the boards. Babchuck is worthless as trade material. What happened to the physical play in russia that was reported last year? Either he or Melichar will be scratched when Seids comes back. Of all the guys mentioned in the trade rumors, only Kaberle or Corvo could return a player that could actually help the team. The other guys are not playing well here,so I don't know why any other team would want them.

His name is Tuomo Ruutu. Ruutu is doing his job, its now time for Staal to get on board and do his job.

His name is Tuomo Ruutu. Ruutu is doing his job, its now time for Staal to get on board and do his job.

Maybe I should have said another top line winger. I wouldn't want to see Ruutu go either. I'm not defending

Staal's recent play, just that I don't think the Canes are ready to give up on a young talent like Staal. At least not yet.

Maybe I should have said another top line winger. I wouldn't want to see Ruutu go either. I'm not defending

Staal's recent play, just that I don't think the Canes are ready to give up on a young talent like Staal. At least not yet.

Legtion (Not sure how to spell that sry) I think should go. he is like Grame

Leighton is like 10 times better than Grahame, dont even compare them together

(I'm trying to be nice here)....

Is our fan base really this clueless to how this stuff works?

Man it sure would be nice to trade Babs and Mallichar instead of Kabs and Corvo. We can trade them to a team called NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If you trade your 7th and 8th defensemen, what do you expect to get in return? Certainly not a scorer like we need. Besides, this is done to dump cap, not to improve the team. Kabs makes 2.2 Million. Corvo 2.75 million. Babs and Mallichar are only at 1 million.

It would make much much more sense to dump Kabs for a draft pick and then leave Babs on full time and then you have Borer as the 8th guy should it be needed.

We are not trading Eric Staal. Get it out of your heads. Those who can't see how good he is when he is not scoring just don't understand the game.

I love this team but sometimes our fanbase just drives me wild. If anyone on this team is to be traded, it would be a guy like Kabs for a pick or a scorer. Eaves is only being mentioned b/c he is an awful player and losing him would not hurt.