The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

Am I the only one who thinks Ruutu has been one of the best pick ups we've ever made? Game in and game out he's banging bodies harder than any cane has done in recent memory. Not only that but he's a consistent scorer, Almost as many points as our big superstar. He's an important piece to our team and the kind of guy that will probably flourish in playoffs.

Trading Ruutu would be a huge mistake, I don't care who we get for him. At this point I'd rather see Samsonov,Cullen,Williams, go before Ruutu.

Williams, Seindenberg and a 3rd rounder for Frolov

Williams has even less value than Samsonov at the moment. No one knows how he's going to respond after his two big injuries, and his play here since them hasn't exactly been drawing headlines.

It depends on how the situation is in LA. Does Frolov want out? If he does, then the upper hand is given to the opposing team's management and Samsonov would be a viable option. If it's just LA looking to trade, then they still have all the cards, and Samsonov probably wouldn't be good tradebait.

This rumor makes little to no sense though. Frolov has been playing great in LA. There's no reason for him to be traded, unless there's some behind the scenes issues. And if LA is going to trade him, it'll be for another legit 1st line scorer.

Rumor has it Florida and Ottawa are also in talks. Florida's offering Horton + package for Frolov, and the Kings are offering Frolov + package for Heatley.

Williams is locked up until 2011 I believe which makes a big difference. Obviously the injury trouble is an issue but if they are looking for a top linescorer ....we dont have that, hes the closest I could come to that other than Staal. I still dont see us taking on more money at this point either and the proposition I made would be dumping salary.

I poked around a bit on nhl rumor sites and it seems that the Kings are most likely looking for veterans to help in developing their core of quality young players. Their greatest interest seems to be a Center for one of their top two lines...This suggests Cullen or Brind'Amour would be part of the deal.

Brindy for Frolov straight up?!? One can always dream...

More likely something like Cullen, LaRose, and a 3rd rounder would be in the works to provide the Kings with Cup experience and veterans to teach the young guys they have.

Larose has "earned" his place this year on this team and has become a play maker which this team is short on... He steps up every game and brings energy to the ice - I say offer up Eaves

I still think Ruutu-for-Frolov is the best possible deal for both sides. If the Kings were interested in Cole, they'll be interested in Ruutu ALOT more than players like Cullen, Eaves, LaRose, and Samsonov. Cullen would be stuck behind Kopitar and Stoll on their depth chart, so a first-line right-winger for a third-line center isn't the best deal for Los Angeles. Eaves and LaRose are solid depth players that provide energy, but both would struggle to even find a spot in Los Angeles' top-six. Samsonov is essentially an older and less motivated version of Frolov, so I don't see any type of motivation Los Angeles would have to pull the trigger on any type of deal that centered around him. Los Angeles won't trade a first-line player for any less than someone who could legitimately fill his spot on the first-line.

I poked around a bit on nhl rumor sites and it seems that the Kings are most likely looking for veterans to help in developing their core of quality young players. Their greatest interest seems to be a Center for one of their top two lines...This suggests Cullen or Brind'Amour would be part of the deal.

More likely something like Cullen, LaRose, and a 3rd rounder would be in the works to provide the Kings with Cup experience and veterans to teach the young guys they have.

If the rumor is true and the Kings want veterans and a center I think it would be Brind'Amour. He could help with young players. You might need to throw in someone like Walker (I would hate that) or Sammy (don't like that much either) and a prospect or 3rd rounder. But you have to give something to get something.

If the rumor is true and the Kings want veterans and a center I think it would be Brind'Amour. He could help with young players. You might need to throw in someone like Walker (I would hate that) or Sammy (don't like that much either) and a prospect or 3rd rounder. But you have to give something to get something.

Why do the Kings want to trade their top goal scorer? Does he have a prima donna attitude to go along with his talent? I don't know much about him, but if he doesn't have Ruutu's physicality or work ethic, we don't need him.

I was tyring to hold back from saying it...but last thing the canes need are some more finesse player sto be honest. That is what frolov is, he is a good player, a solid winger that'll probably finish in the top 50 in points in the NHL each year. But canes need a center, or someone who cna either help cause turnovers or forecheck really hard (cause of the dump and chase).

Although frolov is a great player, and has potential to get better with his offensive awareness, he is just not what the Canes should be looking for right now.

last thing the canes need are some more finesse player sto be honest.

Agree 100% Of all the rumors I've heard so far about players that could be dealt - still say Chris Neil would be the best fit for the Canes.

Not a majic bullett by any stretch but the best I've heard SO FAR.

Ek now says the Canes want Jordan Leopold of the Avs. Anyone know of this guy? All I can find is that he is in the last year of his contract, 1.5 million and he is injury prone. So at least based on that, he is probably a good fit for our team.

Ek now says the Canes want Jordan Leopold of the Avs. Anyone know of this guy? All I can find is that he is in the last year of his contract, 1.5 million and he is injury prone. So at least based on that, he is probably a good fit for our team.
Here's a scouting report (probably a bit outdated):

Assets

Owns untapped offensive potential. Moves the puck quickly out of danger and likes to start the transition game. Is positionally sound. Can log big minutes.

Flaws

Must better handle big NHL forwards and use his frame more effectively. Needs to be more confident in the attacking zone.

Career potential

Top four defenseman.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Jordan_Leopold/''>http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Jordan_Leopold/' target="_blank">http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Jordan_Leopold/[/post]

Eklund reminds me of the girl in high school that "knows" everyone's business and is "friends" with everyone yet nobody knows her name, well if they do it's not a good thing. If you want trade rumors check out thefourthperiod.com or spectorshockey.net. The 'Canes are a small market team with hardly any media attention, therefore, you aren't going to find a ton of credible sources/rumors out there.

From TSN.ca, I thought we had more than two with NTC's but maybe not.

CAROLINA

RFA: Tuomo Ruutu, Anton Babchuk.

UFA: Chad LaRose, Ryan Bayda, Wade Brookbank, Dennis Seidenberg, Josef Melichar.

Top Prospects:

Drayson Bowman, LW, Spokane (WHL), 19

25-27-52, plus-26, 74 PIM in 40 GP

Zach Boychuk, LW, Lethbridge (WHL), 19

15-16-31, plus-18, 10 PIM in 25 GP

Jamie McBain, D, Wisconsin (WCHA), 19

5-25-30, 16 PIM in 28 GP

Zac Dalpe, C, Ohio State (CCHA), 19

12-5-17, 21 PIM in 24 GP

Chris Terry, LW, Plymouth (OHL), 19

26-28-54, plus-9, 51 PIM in 36 GP

Other Players of Interest: Sergei Samsonov, Patrick Eaves, Frantisek Kaberle, Jakub Petruzalek, Pat Dwyer.

No-Trade Clauses: Scott Walker, Niclas Wallin.

The Plan: Lurking in the playoff race, the Hurricanes have a veteran roster that seems set so, aside from minor changes, it could be difficult to make a significant deal without trading someone already on a long-term contract.

From TSN.ca, I thought we had more than two with NTC's but maybe not.

CAROLINA

RFA: Tuomo Ruutu, Anton Babchuk.

UFA: Chad LaRose, Ryan Bayda, Wade Brookbank, Dennis Seidenberg, Josef Melichar.

Top Prospects:

Drayson Bowman, LW, Spokane (WHL), 19

25-27-52, plus-26, 74 PIM in 40 GP

Zach Boychuk, LW, Lethbridge (WHL), 19

15-16-31, plus-18, 10 PIM in 25 GP

Jamie McBain, D, Wisconsin (WCHA), 19

5-25-30, 16 PIM in 28 GP

Zac Dalpe, C, Ohio State (CCHA), 19

12-5-17, 21 PIM in 24 GP

Chris Terry, LW, Plymouth (OHL), 19

26-28-54, plus-9, 51 PIM in 36 GP

Other Players of Interest: Sergei Samsonov, Patrick Eaves, Frantisek Kaberle, Jakub Petruzalek, Pat Dwyer.

No-Trade Clauses: Scott Walker, Niclas Wallin.

The Plan: Lurking in the playoff race, the Hurricanes have a veteran roster that seems set so, aside from minor changes, it could be difficult to make a significant deal without trading someone already on a long-term contract.

Not that Walker would be moveable right now anyway.

I do not see us getting rid of any one either unless it's someone significant....

It is apparant that JR needs to do something. I am so tired of seeing the Canes get pushed around because we have no muscle. Speed can only get you so far before it gets hurts or broken. We need a few tough guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Avery in a canes uniform!!!

It is apparant that JR needs to do something. I am so tired of seeing the Canes get pushed around because we have no muscle. Speed can only get you so far before it gets hurts or broken. We need a few tough guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Avery in a canes uniform!!!

sorry, but I WOULD mind seeing that no good (multiple bad names deleted here - pick your own and have some fun) in a canes uniform... Avery ain't tough - he's a pest, NOT a fighter (actually seen him run from a fight or dozen), not physically tough (bet my daughter could push him off a puck) besides - he's B-A-D for chemistry, and universally despised by every other player in the league. I would publicly boycott should anyone in our mgmt be so dimwitted as to bring that scumbag here. (that said, I have no fear of having to boycott the canes)

Alright. First Avery and Pronger are not coming here. Geeze let's just pick names out of a hat, that would be more likely.

But, here's a question for all of you who follow the entire league more than me.

If one pretends for a moment that this Brind'Amour "nagging" injury thing is the first step in moving him out, and if one agrees that to really make a run and go deep in the playoffs we cannot rely on Sutter and Petruzalek as the 3,4 centers, then we need to pickup an NHL center. An average playmaking 2nd or 3rd line center would do. Obviously the better that player the better our chances. So ideally it would be Spezza, but fat chance.

So, who is out there that we could get as that center? That would be my question.