The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

The problem with that thinking is Gaborik's trade value is at an extreme low right now. He's only played 6 games all season.

Because of this, the Wild's default option is to keep Gaborik and hope he returns healthy enough to push them into the playoffs. So, in order for another team to grab Gaborik away from Minnesota, they'd have to seriously overpay to get him.

The Minnesota Wild are not stupid. Gaborik rejected 8 years, 8 million per. He will not sign with them. This is the last chance to trade him, and actually, Seidenberg and Eaves would benefit their team more than an unstable Gaborik in the playoffs.

The Minnesota Wild are not stupid. Gaborik rejected 8 years, 8 million per. He will not sign with them. This is the last chance to trade him, and actually, Seidenberg and Eaves would benefit their team more than an unstable Gaborik in the playoffs.

They can trade his rights before July 1st, so it's not their last chance. The asking price will still be high, and they can get more for him than Seidenberg and Eaves.

Forget Gaborik! He's not worth anything as a rental this season coming off a major injury. And if he won't sign in Minnesota for $8M/yr, why would he want any less to play here? And I don't see PK/JR tying up $16M of team payroll in 2 players. Ain't gonna happen.

Like you said. What matters now is making the playoffs. Any trade the Wild made involving him right now is not going to get a fair return. So, they keep Gaborik in hopes that he gets healthy and helps them make the playoffs rather than trading for weaker pieces that wouldn't.

How abour Scotty Upshall, he's a pretty gritty player. He is @ 1.25 mil now?

His name is in the rumor mill according to TSN

What would the Flyers expect in return? If they move Briere they may be looking for a 2nd/3rd line center. Matt Cullen? :unsure:

Erik Cole's name came up on ESPN today...not that he'd wanna be back here, but...we need forward help, no?

And Dougie Weight who is currently on a LAST place team, i wouldn't mind having back either...thoughts guys?

Don't believe we need Weight back, he's out 6-8 weeks for a knee injury.

I dont know what role the bus crash has in calling up Conboy... But I've said before that I think his days here are numbered. He has a one-way next season and if JR intends to keep Mo, Conboy will likely either be traded or treated like Brookbank (ie not played). Perhaps we are showcasing him to another team tonight as part of a trade? Just a thought. Regardless of the reason, I'll be glad to see him play. Wonder if he'll be playing on D?

I dont know what role the bus crash has in calling up Conboy... But I've said before that I think his days here are numbered. He has a one-way next season and if JR intends to keep Mo, Conboy will likely either be traded or treated like Brookbank (ie not played). Perhaps we are showcasing him to another team tonight as part of a trade? Just a thought. Regardless of the reason, I'll be glad to see him play. Wonder if he'll be playing on D?

I'd put money on it that the reason Conboy got recalled is because he wasn't on the bus and didn't play yesterday. The only other reasonable explanation is that Mo and JR think starting fights will energize the team.

I'd put money on it that the reason Conboy got recalled is because he wasn't on the bus and didn't play yesterday. The only other reasonable explanation is that Mo and JR think starting fights will energize the team.

Regardless to why he is coming up, I will be glad to see him again! He brings a lot to the team when he is here and if they trade him there are S.T.U.P.I.D. He deserves his shot, the fans love him, and besides...I hope MO and JR are gone next year!

Just my preference!

It would energize but that is against everything they believe. Why would anyone want fighting in hockey? sarcasm

Regardless to why he is coming up, I will be glad to see him again! He brings a lot to the team when he is here and if they trade him there are S.T.U.P.I.D. He deserves his shot, the fans love him, and besides...I hope MO and JR are gone next year!

Just my preference!

I think he'll get traded, most likely part of a package we'd give up for Daniel Briere or Jason Blake, since we really need some slower, smaller and less physical players.

At the time of my original post I didnt know he was the only player not on the bus... I would assume thats why he is called up. But I still think he gets traded... I wonder why we keep guys like Conboy and Gillies and Brookbank in the AHL if we never use them in the NHL. Seems odd to me.

At the time of my original post I didnt know he was the only player not on the bus... I would assume thats why he is called up. But I still think he gets traded... I wonder why we keep guys like Conboy and Gillies and Brookbank in the AHL if we never use them in the NHL. Seems odd to me.

Brookbank is no longer with the team but i otherwise agree with your post. It is pretty sad when the only one willing to slap Chara around Tuesday was LaRose!! Of course, i have to had it to Rosie - whatever he said to Chara got him riled up.

At the time of my original post I didnt know he was the only player not on the bus... I would assume thats why he is called up. But I still think he gets traded..

It's the other way around - Conboy wasn't on the bus because he got called up and left for Long Island.

I wonder why we keep guys like Conboy and Gillies and Brookbank in the AHL if we never use them in the NHL. Seems odd to me.

Maybe because our AHL affiliate uses the old and antiquated approach to hockey which involves things such as hitting, fighting, getting in front of the net, etc...

He was on his way here before the bus crash.

I wonder if the Rangers would entertain a Seindenberg for Prucha proposal, he'd be somewhat of another reclaimation project but those seem to be our only options.

He definitely satisfies the size requirement. The question is does he shy away from contact and does he heavily favor poke-checking instead of playing the body? If yes, we have ourselves a winner!

He definitely satisfies the size requirement. The question is does he shy away from contact and does he heavily favor poke-checking instead of playing the body? If yes, we have ourselves a winner!

Just curious, knowing we need goal scorers, who satisfies your size requirement, whos the 6'3" 230 lb sniper youve got *edit* for?