The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

(I'm trying to be nice here)....

Is our fan base really this clueless to how this stuff works?

Man it sure would be nice to trade Babs and Mallichar instead of Kabs and Corvo. We can trade them to a team called NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If you trade your 7th and 8th defensemen, what do you expect to get in return? Certainly not a scorer like we need. Besides, this is done to dump cap, not to improve the team. Kabs makes 2.2 Million. Corvo 2.75 million. Babs and Mallichar are only at 1 million.

It would make much much more sense to dump Kabs for a draft pick and then leave Babs on full time and then you have Borer as the 8th guy should it be needed.

We are not trading Eric Staal. Get it out of your heads. Those who can't see how good he is when he is not scoring just don't understand the game.

I love this team but sometimes our fanbase just drives me wild. If anyone on this team is to be traded, it would be a guy like Kabs for a pick or a scorer. Eaves is only being mentioned b/c he is an awful player and losing him would not hurt.

QFT

(I'm trying to be nice here)....

Is our fan base really this clueless to how this stuff works?

Man it sure would be nice to trade Babs and Mallichar instead of Kabs and Corvo. We can trade them to a team called NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If you trade your 7th and 8th defensemen, what do you expect to get in return? Certainly not a scorer like we need. Besides, this is done to dump cap, not to improve the team. Kabs makes 2.2 Million. Corvo 2.75 million. Babs and Mallichar are only at 1 million.

It would make much much more sense to dump Kabs for a draft pick and then leave Babs on full time and then you have Borer as the 8th guy should it be needed.

We are not trading Eric Staal. Get it out of your heads. Those who can't see how good he is when he is not scoring just don't understand the game.

I love this team but sometimes our fanbase just drives me wild. If anyone on this team is to be traded, it would be a guy like Kabs for a pick or a scorer. Eaves is only being mentioned b/c he is an awful player and losing him would not hurt.

QFT II

Thank you.

One more point to add because this one keeps floating and it also drives me nuts: We are not trading Brind'Amour ... unless Brind'Amour ASKS to be traded. He has a NTC on his contract that runs through 2011. And IMO, if Brind'Amour ASKS to be traded ... well, we're in a lot more trouble than people think we are (even now).

QFT II

Thank you.

One more point to add because this one keeps floating and it also drives me nuts: We are not trading Brind'Amour ... unless Brind'Amour ASKS to be traded. He has a NTC on his contract that runs through 2011. And IMO, if Brind'Amour ASKS to be traded ... well, we're in a lot more trouble than people think we are (even now).

I doubt that considering how well we played with him outta the lineup last year.

Also if this team is at the deadline and we are not going to make it, dealing Brindy is highly likely wether you wanna hear it or not. Same goes for Whitney, it's time to get younger if we are going to stink anyway.

his defense has been average, not physical, average in the faceoff circle, bad passing, sloppy on the PP, turning the puck over, not backchecking, whining, Im not seeing it, or maybe the fact hes making about $10,000 a shift sways my analysis.

his defense has been average, not physical, average in the faceoff circle, bad passing, sloppy on the PP, turning the puck over, not backchecking, whining, Im not seeing it, or maybe the fact hes making about $10,000 a shift sways my analysis.

Staal and Ward are not tradeable!! Doesn't matter what you see now, he is the future of this franchise. He will be here another 8 years so get use to it.

Staal and Ward are not tradeable!! Doesn't matter what you see now, he is the future of this franchise. He will be here another 8 years so get use to it.

I realize hes not going to be traded, I was responding to the comment that Staal has been playing good despite not putting up points, i disagree. Hopefully over the next 8 years Staal isnt as overpaid as he is right now.

As someone from Ottawa who has seen how Eaves can play I can see how those of you in Carolina think he hasn't done anything really. It is too bad because man when he was 100% healthy and playing the way he can he was amazing. Not afraid to get in there and get dirty. He would sit infront of the net and get his goals that way most of the time and getting under the goalies skin. He was great at drawing penalties from the other teams. I am surprised that he was mentioned as trade bait since Rutherford said in an interview he has wanted Eaves since before Ottawa drafted him in 2003.

Nice to hear from someone who has seen Eaves when he has produced. I still think he has an upside. He has been dealing with some injuries. I like his determination and grit. He fought someone to stick up for Bayda right after coming back from an injury. That should say something about his heart. I would hate to see him or Corvo go. I still believe in this team and IMO it is too soon to think of "rental players".

As someone from Ottawa who has seen how Eaves can play I can see how those of you in Carolina think he hasn't done anything really. It is too bad because man when he was 100% healthy and playing the way he can he was amazing. Not afraid to get in there and get dirty. He would sit infront of the net and get his goals that way most of the time and getting under the goalies skin. He was great at drawing penalties from the other teams. I am surprised that he was mentioned as trade bait since Rutherford said in an interview he has wanted Eaves since before Ottawa drafted him in 2003.

He's talented but shockingly brittle for even a small player. An easy salary dump pick *ahem* when healthy.

I know some of the fans in Carolina was screaming for trades, etc and that but think of how the fans in Ottawa are. Every other night the team is in last place in the east. The team looks good on paper but when they are out in a game it is a whole different story. Lets hope for Christmas Santa brings both teams some better luck!

QFT II

Thank you.

Brind'Amour doesn't have a NTC (or am I missing something). Whitney is currently with one now and Staal will have one kick in in like 2-3 years. However, Brind'Amour won't be traded anyway. For one the org will treat him like he has a NTC. If anything we've learned, this Org is very loyal to their players. They would talk to him and likely get teams to where he would want to play. For second, as much as we all like Brindy and he is likely a future HHOF candidate, he has no trade value. With the salary cap world, teams are going younger and are much more reluctant to take on aging players no matter how good they are, see Shannahan. He's got what 2 years left after this season and he doesn't come cheap, it'll be hard for teams to take that contract on when he'll be 39 and coming off a major knee surgery the year before and proving this year that he's lost two steps.

I don't believe Brind'Amour and Whitney have no-trade-clauses. The only players I know of with no-trade-clauses are Walker and Wallin, although I wouldn't be surprised if Staal had one in his contract extension.

Brind'Amour and Whitney have value in the NHL in the same way that Recchi and Weight had value to the Hurricanes in the '05-'06 season. They would add experience and toughness to a team that is, for the most part, inexperienced in postseason play. Someone mentioned Chicago as a possible destination and I think that makes alot of sense, the Blackhawks are inexperienced in playoff play and there is a history of trades between the two franchises.

Just so everyone knows, Luke confirmed that ONLY Walker, Wallin and Whitney have NTC's, which was before Staal's extension, that includes a NTC that comes into effect when Staal could have become an unrestricted free agent, after the 2010-2011 season.

Apparently, JR is possibly still looking to move Kaberle. Ottawa is looking for puck-moving D. I would like to see a Kaberle and Brookbank for Chris Neil trade. It fits into both teams budgets. Neil is a UFA after this year. It would help us unload salary and possibly put 4 lines of capable players on the ice, but still have somewhat of an "enforcer."

Just so everyone knows, Luke confirmed that ONLY Walker, Wallin and Whitney have NTC's, which was before Staal's extension, that includes a NTC that comes into effect when Staal could have become an unrestricted free agent, after the 2010-2011 season.

Apparently, JR is possibly still looking to move Kaberle. Ottawa is looking for puck-moving D. I would like to see a Kaberle and Brookbank for Chris Neil trade. It fits into both teams budgets. Neil is a UFA after this year. It would help us unload salary and possibly put 4 lines of capable players on the ice, but still have somewhat of an "enforcer."

So apparently your name has to start with a "W" to get a NTC. Looks like Brind'Amour is out of luck :lol:

Eklund says he has heard talks of LaRose, Seidenberg, and Corvo being trade bait. If you think about it, the first two definitely make sense. Both are UFAs at the end of the season, were nearly not signed this summer, and have played very well thus far. Corvo on the other hand is... interesting. I believe he is the player we could potentially trade and get the most for. We do have a plethora of offensive D-men. Not saying I want Corvo to go, he's got more goals than many of our forwards. But if he did get traded we still have Pitkanen, Kaberle, and Babchuk (at least this season). We really don't need 4 offensive defensemen and its clear no one wants Kaberle, heck we couldn't even give him away... The question remains though, what could we get for Larose, Seids, or Corvo that would help this team?

I say we have to keep Corvo, he is the best d-man on the team.Joni hasn't done much lately. Corvo to me is a must sign along with Ruutu. Not signing those 2 guys would be a big mistake.

Seids is a depth defenseman for a contender. Larose is an energy 4th line guy. We could get a decent return for Corvo, but why trade him. He's producing.

After watching the second straight debacle last night, I've come to the realization that we might be better off blowing this thing up and trying to retool. The guys that I would not trade are Staal, Pitkanen, Ruutu, Corvo, Gleason and Ward. The rest of the team should be fair game. We need to start playing some of the younger defensemen in the system to see who can play and who cannot. Trade Seidenberg and Eaves for a 4th line center who can kill penalties and a draft pick (or promote Dwyer and let him play 4th line). Move Cullen and Kaberle for a pick or two. Move Sutter up to 3rd line center. There are options, but we need to stop clogging our roster up with old, slow players.

Ek has mentioned Ruutu as a potential trade as well in the past. I hope the team doesn't trade him, hes my favorite player and brings scoring and physical play. But we don't know what went down in negotiations this past off season... maybe he doesn't want to play here? He did wait until the deadline to sign.

my big question is are we buyers or sellers, given my lack of confidence with Mo it is my opinion that we will be sellers and try to build for the future. I don't see us getting into the playoffs unless the Crapitals tank the entire season.

They dont need to look at it as being buyers or sellers, let the other team consider themselves the buyer, they can take whitney for what they think will be a Cup run and will take a young player(s) with good upside and a reasonable salary, still try to get into the playoffs while building for a competitive future.

They will probably just pick up another undersized forward or a defensman with no physical presence. With the exception of a few players, a squirt team may win the physical battles against some of these guys.