The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

Can I clarify? How about a big, skilled, scoring forward..... as opposed to a small, finesse, scoring forward.

I dunno about that. How about a big, skill, scoring forward, unless the small, finesse, scoring forward is a legitimate 1st liner?

With the rumors around Frolov and Gaborik, I'm not going to turn them away because they're not big hitters.

As for Babchuk's slapshot speed, Ward's quote after the game said it best:

I dunno about that. How about a big, skill, scoring forward, unless the small, finesse, scoring forward is a legitimate 1st liner?

With the rumors around Frolov and Gaborik, I'm not going to turn them away because they're not big hitters.

The thought of that made me cringe, I've taken shots off my mask that bent the bars but a 100 mph'er to the noggin i'll never experience to know nor do I want to, but the ringing is so so so irritating. It just seems to linger for the next 2-3 minutes.

Makes ya wonder how goalies felt to be on Al Macinnis's teams ;) I know his shot broke a goalies hand during the game, I wanna say Thibaults in Chicago. Blood everywhere... whew

anyway back to the PGA I'm sorry

I didn't say anything about a hitter/checker. Just a big forward that won't get pushed off the puck.

I wouldn't exactly call either Frolov or Gaborik small. Frolov is maybe 6'2" - 6'3" 210 lbs, and Gaborik is only a tad smaller. Both are fast and can score. Gaborik is definitely a 1st liner. However, he has yet to return from his hip injury (surgery, yes??), and only played a handful of games this year,

Tonight our guys got pushed off the puck a bit, not as much as in Ottawa, but they need to stand their ground in and around the opponents net.

- Several sources are saying the Hurricanes want Erik Cole back, and the Oilers wants Ruutu in return. This rumour has really blown up, with both Sportsnet and Eklund jumping on it today.

I was just thinking the other day how Id love to have Cole back, but not by giving up Ruutu. I have Center Ice and was watching the Oilers play the Lightning the other night and Erik may be getting older, but he hasn't lost one bit of his speed!! Iv watched alot of Oilers games this year just to see how he's been doing and he hasn't had alot of chemistry with those guys though he has 3 goals in the last 5 games and seems to be finding his game as of late. Id really like to see Erik back in a Canes jersey but not at the price of Ruutu or a Dman like Corvo and they probably don't want Jonni back, though it looks like Boston is the frontrunner maybe JR can pull something out of his hat and make it happen.

http://www.hockeyleaks.com/index.php?page=rumors

- Several sources are saying the Hurricanes want Erik Cole back, and the Oilers wants Ruutu in return. This rumour has really blown up, with both Sportsnet and Eklund jumping on it today.

I just read off of TSN, that surprisingly the Oilers GM has said he will not be looking to move Cole at the deadline. Also they had Corvo listed as an available player. Other than that they didnt really have any other rumors concerning the Canes.

I just read off of TSN, that surprisingly the Oilers GM has said he will not be looking to move Cole at the deadline. Also they had Corvo listed as an available player. Other than that they didnt really have any other rumors concerning the Canes.

What GM's say and what they do are often two different things. He could just be looking to get as much as possible for Cole. Corvo being available for a trade surprises me but I guess it depends on what you get in return.

What GM's say and what they do are often two different things. He could just be looking to get as much as possible for Cole. Corvo being available for a trade surprises me but I guess it depends on what you get in return.

I expect Gerber to be back in Carolina by the end of the week. The money situation has to be situated before he returns. I believe Kaberle will be headed the other way and I also believe a depth player such as Schubert will be a part of the deal. We are in the market for a top line winger and I believe JR will be trying to package a few of our UFAS such as Larose and Babchuk to land one. If he is unsuccessful Sutter may be moved to the wing on his return to the big club to play a Stillman type role.

I expect Gerber to be back in Carolina by the end of the week. The money situation has to be situated before he returns. I believe Kaberle will be headed the other way and I also believe a depth player such as Schubert will be a part of the deal. We are in the market for a top line winger and I believe JR will be trying to package a few of our UFAS such as Larose and Babchuk to land one. If he is unsuccessful Sutter may be moved to the wing on his return to the big club to play a Stillman type role.

i wouldnt mind seeing Gerber back here.. but i dont know if that's really what we need..

bill gurien, i probaly mispelled it, but he got pulled out of isles game, hes being dealt to eastern team, and carolina is listed as possible suitor.. anyone hear anything?

ANYBODY better said EVERYBODY on this team should be trade bait right now.

TRADE THEM ALL including Mr MO.

MO MUST GO .... MO MUST GO.

If you can't energize a team to protect a 3-1 lead with 10 minutes left in the 3rd vs the worst team in the division, then ya gotta GO ! Can you be packed by 6am Sunday ??!! Please.

There's alot of potential deals out there to be made that could either make this team better now or in the future. I just wish there was a chance that any of those deals would be made. As it stands, I expect the Hurricanes to be quiet at the deadline.

All i can say is that if something is not done (by 3/4/09),,,mangment is content with not making the playoffs and that is totally unacceptible!!! :angry:

so i'm not a good typer,,,,typest,,,

All i can say is that if something is not done (by 3/4/09),,,managment is content with not making the playoffs and that is totally unacceptible!!! :angry:

Your spelling is totally unacceptable!!! :angry:

Quit crying.

Oh wow,,, you really hurt my feelings there,,,Mr or MS Know it all

or is it no it al

um ,,Mistrr

or MISSSY NoT At all

get a life SPELL CHECKER!

You are blowing this loss up, yeah its bad and we need otwork on it, but one it isnt MO's fault hes not the one on the ice making deffensive errors and two just because we loose a game doesnt mean everyone should go...plus almost none of them have trade value...

Dj (and a few others), back away from the keyboard and avoid sharp objects for a few days, eh?

To the topic...Gerber coming back is just not realistic. Our problem is offense not goaltending.

To get something you gotta give something so somebody's favorite is going to go. Lets just hope it brings a big scoring forward that isn't at the end of his career that we can help rebuild our toughness up front.