The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

part of the problem with this team is simply the lack of top end talent. lots of people bashing gleason, hes ussually on the number one pairing and simple does not belong there. put him on the second or third pairing and he will be fine!! same with the forwards that are playing with Staal, 32-35 year olds dont really need to be on your top line.

I hope the Canes make a move for a defenseman at the deadline we need a shutdown defenseman sure we have gleason, but right now gleason belongs on the 2nd pairing we need a #1 shutdown defenseman. A forward would be nice to get I would rather see us go out there and get a d-man a real d-man not a puck moving d-man we have enough of those allready.

I would love to go get Manny Fernandez and get him in our lockerroom ASAP if the Bruins are at all entertaining trades for him.

I would be getting rid of Cam, Gleason and Seidenberg. I think they are our biggest liabilities. I can't believe how many missed assignments and blown coverages these defenseman have had that have cost goals in addition to Cam's nauseating and aggravating inconsistency that places him in the bottom third of goalies in MANY important categories (have you guys seen the latest issue on goalies in The Hockey News?)

Bottom line is I would be going for a PROVEN number 1 goalie any way possible and my first choice is Manny.

I think that a good goalie (like Manny) would have us at 5 or 6 in the Eastern Conference all by himself. Thanks...

You do realize those guys are 25, 26 and 25. You do realize that defenseman/goalies don't hit their prime until 27-28. If you actually thought Gleason would be a top shutdown guy this year, then your expectations are too high for him. Same with Seidenberg and Cam. The point is they haven't reached their prime yet and you would be stupid to trade them. Only reason I trade Seidenberg now is b/c he is a UFA and we may not be able to afford him.

Now we have slid further down behind the Pens. They made a big move and seem to be playing better while we lose to the Trashers. My Cane colored glasses want me to still believe but I am having a hard time with it based on our inconsistent play.

Now we have slid further down behind the Pens. They made a big move and seem to be playing better while we lose to the Trashers. My Cane colored glasses want me to still believe but I am having a hard time with it based on our inconsistent play.

Oh you mean"Inconsistent Cam"

:rolleyes:

Right, because Ward's the only one who's been inconsistent. Everyone else has played steady hockey lately. That's why we went from 5-0 and 5-1 losses, to a 3-0 win, to another 5-1 loss, then a 6-2 and a 4-1 win.

Yep, the definition of consistency, through and through

You do realize those guys are 25, 26 and 25. You do realize that defenseman/goalies don't hit their prime until 27-28. If you actually thought Gleason would be a top shutdown guy this year, then your expectations are too high for him. Same with Seidenberg and Cam. The point is they haven't reached their prime yet and you would be stupid to trade them. Only reason I trade Seidenberg now is b/c he is a UFA and we may not be able to afford him.

You do realize that all players who are good at what they do don't pay attention to age. Tell that to Bogosian, Doughty, Schenn, yada, yada...

Regardless, stupid is paying people millions hoping they hit their prime while they make mistakes that cost games, points and dollars. Go do that in the AHL and get me some players in their so-called prime right now.

Your boy Gleason is just not smart enough. It's not because he hasn't hit his prime, he just ain't that smart to be a top defenseman. You do realize he's been in this league long enough to know that.

You do realize that all players who are good at what they do don't pay attention to age. Tell that to Bogosian, Doughty, Schenn, yada, yada...

Regardless, stupid is paying people millions hoping they hit their prime while they make mistakes that cost games, points and dollars. Go do that in the AHL and get me some players in their so-called prime right now.

Your boy Gleason is just not smart enough. It's not because he hasn't hit his prime, he just ain't that smart to be a top defenseman. You do realize he's been in this league long enough to know that.

OUCH!

Well since you don't like people making mistakes who make millions of dollars, guess we better sell the whole team. :rolleyes:

Well since you don't like people making mistakes who make millions of dollars, guess we better sell the whole team. :rolleyes:

I guess he must really love the banks, mortgage lenders and AIG right now ;) ;)

The fact that you're comparing Gleason to future franchise defensemen like Doughty, Schenn, etc. shows you have your expectations far too high.

Gleason's a physical, stay-at-home defenseman. He's got a role to play, and right now, he's the only one playing that role on the team. He's a top pairing defenseman here and likely many places around the league. However, obviously, there are some more defensive-minded teams where he'd be stuck in the 2nd or 3rd pairing.

Gleason has looked beyond horrible this year...It is pure speculation (in my opinion) that he'll drastically improve. His occasional hits do not make up for many instances of losing his man around the net, lack of fundamental footspeed/quickness, and bizarre hockey sense. I just don't see it.

The fact that you're comparing Gleason to future franchise defensemen like Doughty, Schenn, etc. shows you have your expectations far too high.

/quote]

The fact that Gleason was acquired for.....J.Johnson- a franchise D-man, top 5 pick....shows that those expectations are reasonable.

Most have been under performing.

Gleason-yes, Brindy-yes, yes, yes, Staal- yes, Sammi- yes...

Cam-yes- and all of you Cam LOVERS need to realise that although he is YOUNG, he has been ANNOINTED our starting goalie the last three years. If he's too young, then why is he there????? You can't have it both ways!!!

A great measuring stick is to look at our post-seasons, or lack of, in 2 and quite possibly a 3rd year!!!!!

A move of some sort needs to be made.

The coaching change sure didn't have a great impact.

I love the "he is young" arguement. Once you sign a contract you are getting paid to do a job regardless of age. These guys are compensated quite well and fans have every right to chirp on on performance. It is like saying that the 18 year old cashier at WalMart is expected to be worse than the 25 year old lifer because he hasn't hit his WalMartian prime yet.

It is like saying that the 18 year old cashier at WalMart is expected to be worse than the 25 year old lifer because he hasn't hit his WalMartian prime yet.

They have WalMarts on Mars? I know they are everywhere, but Mars?

Don't you get it Frog its what we do on this board, we compare Staal to Ovechkin, Gleason to Doughty, Cam to Brodreau, etc.

This way we can prove that a player sucks even though that player was never projected to be the same caliber as that said player. ;)

Don't you get it Frog its what we do on this board, we compare Staal to Ovechkin, Gleason to Doughty, Cam to Brodreau, etc.

This way we can prove that a player sucks even though that player was never projected to be the same caliber as that said player. ;)

You forgot Lavi/Mo to Scotty Bowman!! LOL :lol:

Wow the time is drawing near....I'm worried and excited all at the same time. Of course if you are a true fan you get attached to our players and want the best for them but if it's ever been time to do something the time is now!! DO SOMETHING GOOD JR!!!!

So with all this shtuff ;) being said are we fans of the players or are we fans of the Canes and winning, whomever is on the team? We can talk/argue all we want but in the end,,why are we fans?

To me I want the CANES to win,,bottom line! Yes there are players I don't & you don't like but if we were being a consistant winning team those guys end up getting overlooked! So with that being said all of our bashing,complaining,whinning or whatever you want to call it is all for 1 REASON-----WE WANT TO WIN!!!!

So we have to change from OUR TEAM OUR TRADITION,---(0-3 MAKING THE PLAYOFFS),, to WHATEVER/WHOMEVER IT TAKES------TO WIN!!

So with all this shtuff ;) being said are we fans of the players or are we fans of the Canes and winning, whomever is on the team? We can talk/argue all we want but in the end,,why are we fans?

To me I want the CANES to win,,bottom line! Yes there are players I don't & you don't like but if we were being a consistant winning team those guys end up getting overlooked! So with that being said all of our bashing,complaining,whinning or whatever you want to call it is all for 1 REASON-----WE WANT TO WIN!!!!

So we have to change from OUR TEAM OUR TRADITION,---(0-3 MAKING THE PLAYOFFS),, to WHATEVER/WHOMEVER IT TAKES------TO WIN!!

Right on dj! The symbol on the front is a helluva lot more important than the name on the back! Go Canes!