The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

So with all this shtuff ;) being said are we fans of the players or are we fans of the Canes and winning, whomever is on the team? We can talk/argue all we want but in the end,,why are we fans?

To me I want the CANES to win,,bottom line! Yes there are players I don't & you don't like but if we were being a consistant winning team those guys end up getting overlooked! So with that being said all of our bashing,complaining,whinning or whatever you want to call it is all for 1 REASON-----WE WANT TO WIN!!!!

So we have to change from OUR TEAM OUR TRADITION,---(0-3 MAKING THE PLAYOFFS),, to WHATEVER/WHOMEVER IT TAKES------TO WIN!!

Two! Four! Six! Eight! No playoffs in our current state!

That's why we are complaining and have every right in doing so. We all cheer them on regardless, nobody wants them to fail. That was a given. But there is obvious reason and valid arguments as to why they will...and for a third season to boot. So waste our lives to vent our frustration on this forum so we don't in front of them as in Toronto.

So with all this shtuff ;) being said are we fans of the players or are we fans of the Canes and winning, whomever is on the team? We can talk/argue all we want but in the end,,why are we fans?

To me I want the CANES to win,,bottom line! Yes there are players I don't & you don't like but if we were being a consistant winning team those guys end up getting overlooked! So with that being said all of our bashing,complaining,whinning or whatever you want to call it is all for 1 REASON-----WE WANT TO WIN!!!!

So we have to change from OUR TEAM OUR TRADITION,---(0-3 MAKING THE PLAYOFFS),, to WHATEVER/WHOMEVER IT TAKES------TO WIN!!

I think most of us just want a team that plays with heart night after night and let the chips fall where they may. Playing like the best team in the league one night and the worst team in the league the next two just has to go!!

The problem with that logic, DJ, is that when we lose, it's often the wrong players taking the brunt of the blame from the fanbase. That's when you get the complaining, whining, and bashing going on.

If Staal had a bad game, then he should be accountable for the bad game. If our defense leaves Ward out to dry or are completely out of position, Ward shouldn't be taking the blame whether or not he "should" have had the shot.

So yes, we all want the Canes to win. However, the team is made up of individuals, and if the individuals aren't helping this team win, then they should be called out for it. On the flip side, if there are individuals who are obviously trying to help the team get there, they should be acknowledged.

For instance, when Williams went down early in the season, there was hope that Walker or Eaves would step up and take on his responsibility. Neither did. LaRose, on the other hand, has once again had a career year, and will likely get booted off the team because of it.

LaRose, on the other hand, has once again had a career year, and will likely get booted off the team because of it.

Boy Froggy, if anyone stumbled into a moment of profound insight, it is you. That's one of the best points I've seen for a while.

The problem I have with the Canes culture is exactly what you say. Other organizations get happy when their players improve. I get the distinct impression that when players improve on the Canes, a foreboding feeling permeates the GM office as they contemplate how in the world they are going to be able to pay for the guy in the future. Other teams would just be happy, we appear to be looking to find a way to not pay them.

Plenty of examples in the past to prove this too.

Here's a suggestion for everyone, instead of worrying and being so critical of what and how others think and judging who's a better fan because of it, just state your own opinion and why.

Here's a predition for tomorrow.....

Frank Kaberle and ? to Toronto for Antropov. You heard it here first ;)

Kaberle and Seidenburg to Toronto for Nik Antropov - SIGN ME UP! The dude is I think about 6'6" and goes 225 or so. Has about the same stats as Staal (last time I checked) and plays, yup, Right Wing baby. I think he is only 29 also.

I'm starting to think if a move happens it will be a waiver pickup or the Canes on the receiving end of a salary dump so someone else can get under the cap for another deal. Satan, Roberts and Morrison are on waivers and are all UFA's at the end of the year.

Here's a suggestion for everyone, instead of worrying and being so critical of what and how others think and judging who's a better fan because of it, just state your own opinion and why.

:lol: Tonroto would have to be sick to do that one :lol:

but I like your ideas TSA B)

i really REALLY hope JR doesnt just sit on his hands at this deadline.

I honestly doubt he makes a trade. If he does it'll be like the Ruutu/Ladd trade. What we need is a top 6 winger to play with Staal or a shutdown defenseman. JR won't go after these guys cause the prices will be too high to pay. And frankly, if he can't get us one of those, a trade is useless for us as a 3rd-4th liner or a 6-7th defenseman isn't what this team needs nor will it help this team propel themselves into the playoffs.

What we need to be doing is trying to rid ourselves of some old contracts and getting prospects and/or picks back, but with the NTCs and horrible contracts, its gonna be hard to do.

Don't tease me like that. That would do it though, especially if the ? is Brind'Amour. They would never do that but it would turn us on a dime. Antropov is #48 in the league in goals. Amoung the best we could do.

Don't tease me like that. That would do it though, especially if the ? is Brind'Amour. They would never do that but it would turn us on a dime. Antropov is #48 in the league in goals. Amoung the best we could do.

I think you need to get over your hope for trading Brind'Amour, he's not going anywhere.

Now, I say Kaberle to Toronto because of a couple of reasons:

1) Its been RUMORED that older Kaberle would like to play with younger Kaberle and Brian Burke came out yesterday and said Older Kaberle is not going anywhere.

2) Many teams are looking for puck moving defenseman and on XM this morning they said that the demand was so great for this that any offensive minded dman making $2.5 or under will be steal. I think the exact words went something like "if they can breath, the salary demand will start at $2.5"

That said, since he's been put on waivers twice, if Toronto really wanted him they could have had him at 1/2 price. So in order to make this a "JR-like" trade. you'd have to find a player that JR coveted (rumored to be Antropov) and maybe a dead weight piece TO wants to dump. In return, JR would send along Frank and a player that would help in the rebuilding up in TO. My best guess, Seidenberg or Eaves. I doubt JR gives up Ruutu since his play cannot be replaced with the current roster, and he's an RFA (worth much more when it comes to re-signing).

Frank's $2.2 certainly offsets Antropov's $2.15, add in the extra Seidenberg or Eaves and both teams are happy and have filled a need. Toronto's dead weight they add in could offset some of Frank's salary for next season too.

Works well in my world anyway :lol:

That was also my logic with Seids. I still hold out hope for Eaves and hope he doesn't go anywhere. I can also see JR dealing with Toronto, as we saw him all comfy cozy with Burke at a game in the not too distant past. Let's keep our fingers crossed we make a move. Hey Rem, sorry bro, but I don't think 17 is going anywhere. ;)

I think the Canes must be about the LEAST reported "possible trading" partner in the whole NHL. Any site you go to, no one's rumored to be dealing with the Canes, for all intents and purposes. That says bunches to me. (No players worth trading for).

Any trade we make will be for trade's sake, just to "stir the pot" with another player(s) of decent potential or ability who will end up playing/looking like the guy(s) we sent away. Why bother?

I think you need to get over your hope for trading Brind'Amour, he's not going anywhere.

Now, I say Kaberle to Toronto because of a couple of reasons:

1) Its been RUMORED that older Kaberle would like to play with younger Kaberle and Brian Burke came out yesterday and said Older Kaberle is not going anywhere.

2) Many teams are looking for puck moving defenseman and on XM this morning they said that the demand was so great for this that any offensive minded dman making $2.5 or under will be steal. I think the exact words went something like "if they can breath, the salary demand will start at $2.5"

That said, since he's been put on waivers twice, if Toronto really wanted him they could have had him at 1/2 price. So in order to make this a "JR-like" trade. you'd have to find a player that JR coveted (rumored to be Antropov) and maybe a dead weight piece TO wants to dump. In return, JR would send along Frank and a player that would help in the rebuilding up in TO. My best guess, Seidenberg or Eaves. I doubt JR gives up Ruutu since his play cannot be replaced with the current roster, and he's an RFA (worth much more when it comes to re-signing).

Frank's $2.2 certainly offsets Antropov's $2.15, add in the extra Seidenberg or Eaves and both teams are happy and have filled a need. Toronto's dead weight they add in could offset some of Frank's salary for next season too.

Works well in my world anyway :lol:

I like your way of thinking and hope this is the one and only day JR reads a thread on the board and hopefully this one. I don't want 'berg gone so I can live with Kab's and Eaves but if it takes 'berg then so be it.

Trying to read between the lines

-snip-

You're often left trying to read between the lines of what has been said for public consumption. Let's take Canes general manager Jim Rutherford and some of his comments. Let's try to read between the lines a little and try to translate.

-snip-

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/trying...tween-the-lines

well don't thing JR made any deals unless our reporters are being slow

in all things trade related our reporters are last to know.

Kaberle and Seidenburg to Toronto for Nik Antropov - SIGN ME UP! The dude is I think about 6'6" and goes 225 or so. Has about the same stats as Staal (last time I checked) and plays, yup, Right Wing baby. I think he is only 29 also.

Sign me up to that would be a great deal for the canes. It really is a realistic deal for the canes antropov is making 2,050,000 this season Kaberle is making 2.2 million and seidenberg is making 1.2 million so this would actually help the canes and their budget and they would be getting a really good player in return. We might have to throw in a 2nd or 3 round pick but even if we had to do that I would still like the deal. No joke this is one of the most realistic deals I have heard on this thread.