The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Trades, Rumors and Suggestions from the fans

I think the Canes must be about the LEAST reported "possible trading" partner in the whole NHL. Any site you go to, no one's rumored to be dealing with the Canes, for all intents and purposes. That says bunches to me. (No players worth trading for).

Very true. I predict no trades for the Hurricanes at the deadline. The team is not good enough to be a buyer and it cannot be a seller due to the fact that its marketable veterans are either injured or underperforming, or both. Or they have NTCs and the tee times for April 13th have already been scheduled.

Sign me up to that would be a great deal for the canes. It really is a realistic deal for the canes antropov is making 2,050,000 this season Kaberle is making 2.2 million and seidenberg is making 1.2 million so this would actually help the canes and their budget and they would be getting a really good player in return. We might have to throw in a 2nd or 3 round pick but even if we had to do that I would still like the deal. No joke this is one of the most realistic deals I have heard on this thread.
Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully this is one fantasy trade of a fan thats true. Because it certainly sounds possible.

Antropov is still young (29), is a really big guy (6'6" and 230 pounds), and 46 points in 63 games played. He could have more points if he were on our team since we have better offense than Toronto (overall). His team has 7 less points than ours (which makes it somewhat likely he could be traded to us since were higher up in the standings). Since we need our team too have some more size than what we do now, a 6'6" 230 pound man would be very much welcomed to our team. The only bad thing about him that I can think of, is he's a center. We need a very good winger to play with Staal. If Antropov COULD play on wing with Staal, that would be a perfect guy for us. We don't really need a center because we'll have Brind'Amour for awhile longer, Cullen, of course Staal, and we have Sutter who is expected to replace Brindy as our 2nd line center.

Anybody know if he uses his size alot? Does he crosscheck often? Is he fast given that he's big?

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully this is one fantasy trade of a fan thats true. Because it certainly sounds possible.

Antropov is still young (29), is a really big guy (6'6" and 230 pounds), and 46 points in 63 games played. He could have more points if he were on our team since we have better offense than Toronto (overall). His team has 7 less points than ours (which makes it somewhat likely he could be traded to us since were higher up in the standings). Since we need our team too have some more size than what we do now, a 6'6" 230 pound man would be very much welcomed to our team. The only bad thing about him that I can think of, is he's a center. We need a very good winger to play with Staal. If Antropov COULD play on wing with Staal, that would be a perfect guy for us. We don't really need a center because we'll have Brind'Amour for awhile longer, Cullen, of course Staal, and we have Sutter who is expected to replace Brindy as our 2nd line center.

Anybody know if he uses his size alot? Does he crosscheck often? Is he fast given that he's big?

As someone who used to be a leaf fan back in my elementary days...I always was annoyed that antropov didn`t use his size enough and wasn`t physical enough. But he is a pretty decent finisher and can get in scoring lanes in my opinion due to his size.

I am almost positive he is a right winger. Checking back on the Toronto site that's how they have him listed also.

I think you need to get over your hope for trading Brind'Amour, he's not going anywhere.

On that part I'm just saying what should happen, not what will happen. In fact I mentioned that it won't happen.

I can't give up on hope! That's all I have! At least until the deadline.

That said, I would like your deal even without Brindy attached, as long as we don't give up a proven scorer to get it done.

As someone who used to be a leaf fan back in my elementary days...I always was annoyed that antropov didn`t use his size enough and wasn`t physical enough. But he is a pretty decent finisher and can get in scoring lanes in my opinion due to his size.

Exactly. He is more physical then Joe Vas was and he is a space eater in the slot but he is not physical enough for many fans. More physical than the prototypical Euro player but not as physical as you would expect. He has always been a player that has been accused of not living up to potential, but with Mats Sundin gone he has shouldered more weight and done a decent job of it.

TSN is now reporting that Antropov is sitting tonight. Must mean he's gonna have to pack up and head out of town by 3 pm tomorrow.

I am almost positive he is a right winger. Checking back on the Toronto site that's how they have him listed also.
NHL has him listed as a Center http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467353[/post]

But now that you mentioned that, I see now that on Toronto's website he is listed as a right winger

Which position DOES he play?

Satan is now on waivers, do u think JR would take a look at picking him up?

well he does fit in to the small, don't hit, struggles constantly mold we have going here with our current forwards.

Stay away from Satan. He's been with Crosby all year and hasn't done anything which found himself on the 4th.

In other words, we have too many Satans right now.

His salary is over 3 mill. No way do we take him.

Yeah but the canes would only have to pay a fraction of that, and he's a UFA at the end of the year. So it's not like the canes are on the hook for the whole thing. Now if JR's still pinching pennies it's not gonna happen, but it's going to be difficult for the canes to make a move without adding payroll if they aren't planning on trading picks like JR has indicated.

Yeah but the canes would only have to pay a fraction of that, and he's a UFA at the end of the year. So it's not like the canes are on the hook for the whole thing. Now if JR's still pinching pennies it's not gonna happen, but it's going to be difficult for the canes to make a move without adding payroll if they aren't planning on trading picks like JR has indicated.

The way I figure it, it would cost about 700K to add him if his salary is 3M. If he was the difference in making the playoffs, the additional revenue would more than make up his salary. I don't know if he is the answer, but I like the message it would send and financially, it would make sense IF management thought adding him will make a difference in making the playoffs or not.

The Caps broadcasters last night were talking about Seidenberg as being a player on the trade block. They said many teams are in need of d-men and trading Seids made sense for the Canes as he's a UFA next season. Interesting to hear their perspective as I hadn't heard Seids spoken of much as a trade candidate.

The Caps broadcasters last night were talking about Seidenberg as being a player on the trade block. They said many teams are in need of d-men and trading Seids made sense for the Canes as he's a UFA next season. Interesting to hear their perspective as I hadn't heard Seids spoken of much as a trade candidate.

At this point moving Seidenberg make sense for us depending on how much trade value he has. He looked really good early but not so great lately. Kaberle would be preferrable, but may not have much if any value. We would still be left with 6 NHL defenseman and have Rodney and Carson if needed. We need a point producing forward for this year's run. We can rebuild the defense around Gleason, Pitkanen, Corvo, and Babchuk next year.

The clock she is ticking.

Rumor: With Chicago looking at the 4th playoff spot, they are looking for an experienced center.

We have that: Brindy

No comment. It's all been said.

There is zero chance that anyone wants Rod Brind'Amour given the years left on his contract and the cost. Other than his stellar faceoff percentage, he brings nothing to the table. That pains me to say, BTW. I'm a big Brindy fan.