The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cwjohnson23

Cole For Pitkanen - per TSN

Oilers finally gotten Eric Cole I remember couple years back they've been wanting him. What's up with us trading guys who played Edmonton after we beated them in the Stanley Cup finals in 06 seem like they would hate us to much to trade with them after that? Personally I rather trade Chad LaRose than Eric Cole. I'll miss him. Now who the heck are we going to fill in for Eric Cole?

Oilers finally gotten Eric Cole I remember couple years back they've been wanting him. What's up with us trading guys who played Edmonton after we beated them in the Stanley Cup finals in 06 seem like they would hate us to much to trade with them after that? Personally I rather trade Chad LaRose than Eric Cole. I'll miss him. Now who the heck are we going to fill in for Eric Cole?

Ruutu.

www.tsn.ca

check out the "breaking news" at the top of the page

I guess I have to have a profile with TSN to get the breaking news because I don't see anything. On the canes site now though as synergy stated so it's official.

I think that's why we signed Samsonov.

Wow it finally happened. I'm gonna miss Cole - what a great guy on and off the ice.

It had to be done to improve the team though.

Here's to hoping that Pitkanen lives up to expectations and fits in well with the team.

So sad. Cole is great for this community and treats fans so well. He will be sorely missed. Staal has now seen both his former linemates traded.. Stillman & Cole. Very disappointed, hopefully Pitkanen will live up to it. Will be tough to replace such a fan favorite.

I guess I have to have a profile with TSN to get the breaking news because I don't see anything. On the canes site now though as synergy stated so it's official.

when tsn does breaking news, it usually appears right above the largest picture accompanying the lead story on the site. it's in bold, but the font isn't any bigger; it's sometimes tough to see. then, once they get the story either off the wire or written, they remove it, i guess because the story has the details. if you are going to look at the site a lot today, keep an eye out for the breaking news there.

not really sure how i feel about this move, i'll miss cole, but the team does need help on d, as we all know. i'd like to see jr go out and get a defensive dman, maybe in the 2-3 million range and hopefully that'll work. ruutu, with a one year deal and a chance to play on the top lines with cole gone could really put himself in a good position with a solid year. if he's going to live up to his potential, this will be an excellent opportunity for him to do it.

Now we have to sign Pitkanen. Everything I've read on Oilers boards is that he is looking for more than Cole made. Not sold on him though, I've heard several times about issues with his attitude and him being soft.

I have to think there's a reason he's been traded twice already in his short career. Hopefully, we don't find out in a few months that the guy has no heart. Looks like he has some injury problems too. It had to happen... something had to change. But I just have a bad feeling about this one.

I'm gonna try and stay open minded about this trade but I'm having a really hard time. All I know right now is Pitkanen better have a helluva season and not cause any problems in the locker room. One good thing for Cole is that he's going to a super fast Edmonton team where he should have a great chance at putting up some good numbers.

Well, to be honest, It think Cole was wearing out on us, he just seem like he needed a fresh start outside of the Canes, seemed to be the case of Joni and the Oilers as well, looks like both teams got high potential on this deal, proven potential none the less.

Wow, if you read on HFboards, most people think we got shafted. Then again, people at HFboards are relatively moronic.

Pretty fair deal if you ask me.

On the Oilers sections at HF, at least through the first couple of pages, it sounds like they think they didn't get enough and it was a bad trade for them.