The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Who should be in Net tonight?

I like Wardo but he is not a 15 games in a row goalie. You can see when he is tired!!!

I think they should play it 5 -1 with Cam and Leighton and tonight we need a sharp goalie in net. So, I am just curious to what the rest of the Caniac's think.

Cam has been resting since Tuesday night....he'll go tonight. Maybe Leighton tomorrow in Tampa, but then Cam again on Monday.

Leighton's great at stopping them for 2 periods. But as soon as he lets one in, he seems to let in 5. I propose they start Leighton until he gets scored on, then put Cam in. Talk about incentive :lol:

Gotta go with Cam. Normally would come back with Leighton, but Cam is so good on back to backs gotta go with Cam again. Then would go with Leighton Monday, but I'm going to that game and it is bobblehead night, so gotta go with Cam again. Maybe Leighton vs. Dallas or Chicago, but wait, back to back again so Cam and Cam, gotta play Cam vs. Washington....so Cam, Cam, Cam Cam....Cam Cam Cam Cam (to the tune of Monty Python's Spam song).

But I would go with Cam tonight though.

We only had one game in the last five days so Cam is rested and good to go for the rest of the month. ;) But let's be realistic, with so much on the line this time of year an a tough opponent ready to snatch two important points from you, you can't show up with your second best just because you feel sorry for Leighton.

Cam has been resting since Tuesday night....he'll go tonight. Maybe Leighton tomorrow in Tampa, but then Cam again on Monday.

good post and IF Leighton plays it should not be against an extremely hot team like Calgary.

Leighton vs Tampa or not at all

Leighton's great at stopping them for 2 periods. But as soon as he lets one in, he seems to let in 5. I propose they start Leighton until he gets scored on, then put Cam in. Talk about incentive :lol:

I guess he would do well with Mike Keenan as coach :P:lol:

No question, Cam Ward.

All good responses. I hope you are all right too. There is not a Cane I don't like but since Cam should be rested, I can see him in net. But, against Tampa...Leighton should get the start. (remember Atlanta? Cam was too over-confident.)

Just my thoughts! :unsure:

i agree with the majority..leighton tomorrow, Canes are great against the Lightning, and if we want Ward to get a night off, might as well be against one of the weaker teams.

Im kinda 50/50 about tomarrow night, Cam played great tonight and wasn't really tested to much, but we do have alot of games almost every other day for the next few weeks and its obvious when Cam get's tired it reflects tremendously in his play. On the other hand he has been outstanding this year as has the team, in the 2nd game of a back2back. This game might be even bigger than the Calgary game, its crazy to say but the slugs and the cats are the only other teams playing tomarrow that's right there with us in the standing's. If both teams lose and we win, the boy's would have started the day @10th and by the end of the night would be in 5th!! That's crazy to think but I would hate to lose this game because of goaltending and both the slugs and cats win, but regardless, if we win where back in the top 8 which is the most important thing, but I will give Mo this, and this is the one thing that upset me about Lavi, Mo has played Cam and told him he has to play a mojority of the games and be as good as we all know he can be and Im glad he's played Cam as much as he has, it will be interesting to see who get's the nod tomarrow but if the boys play with the same intensity as tonight it want matter who's in net, but they'll have to get hyped themselves as it won't be half the crowd in Tampa as it was at the RBC Center tonight. Go get em boys!!

tough call, rem, just curious why u would put leighton in the game against rangers monday nite, thats the proverbial 4 point game..

It would make no sense to put Leighton in goal against the Rangers especially after Ward-O shut the door on Calgary one of the best offensive teams in the league. I could see Leighton tonight against Tampa but to be totally honest with I would have no problem with Ward-O in goal against Tampa. Ward is 4-0 with a 1.71 GAA and a 92.1 Save % vs Tampa

Cam is starting against the Rags, bank on it. With what this team needs to do for the rest of the season, Cam better get used to being saddled and riden. The only two posible times I see that Leighton gets in is tonight and a home game on March 20 against the Islanders. Unless Cam is spent from last night, I fully expect him in goal tonight against Tampa. Next week we have Chicago and Dallas back to back on the road. We will need our best to beat those teams and I fully expect Cam to be in the pipes. The only other back to back is at home, NYI on 3/20 and the Ovechkins on 3/21. Maybe Leighton gets in on the NYI game IF the team has moved up a little in the standings. If we are where we currently are, I expect to see Cam between the pipes.

Although today against Tampa would be the ideal time for Leights to get the call, the simple fact is we dont have margin for error. Cam has rested for the last couple days, its gonna be Cam down the stretch. We have to put out our best every night, no matter the team. Cam against Tampa today.

Unless by some miracle, the Canes get a huge leap in the standings, I'd doubt Leighton is in the rest of the season unless Cam is just worn out. Every game from now until April 9 is like a playoff game. They'll keep Cam between the pipes as long as he thinks he can perform.

superdave, we are on same wave length,, i figure leights for march 20 against isles, i will be down for joisey, isles, and caps.. with T,, so glad those games mean something..

Leighton will likely get a start against either Chicago or Dallas. Might be nice to start him against the Hawks since he was in their system and may play with a bit of a revenge factor.

No, when I'm at the game in Chicago, I want to see Ward in net. It's a big game,

tough call, rem, just curious why u would put leighton in the game against rangers monday nite, thats the proverbial 4 point game..

I was really kind of joking that there is no good time to play Leighton. The natural time would be on the back end of back to backs, but Cam has shown an amazing consitancy in the back end of back to backs so I think we've got to ride that. I actually agree that Cam plays vs. the Rangers given the 4 point swing. I would agree with either Chicago or Dallas. Another possibility would be in Washington, since despite our last trip there, it may be hard to win that one.

It will probably come down to Cam. If he plays well he is going to play nearly every game.

If we can't play our backup on a b2b we dont need him. Johnnie got the bad rap last year because when he was ask to step up he had so much rust he fell on his face. I ask all fans to rememeber what can happen to a goalie ( game 1 SCF ) if he sits he RUST!

i thought after the fact u might have been kidding... im nervous about this one... hope we start fast..