The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac6

Brandon Sutter

This is also a good test for the kid. If he goes down without any attitude, and comes up with obvious improvement in his game, he's ready for the NHL. If he goes down to Albany all tee'd off, and basically dogs the whole thing, it obviously shows he doesn't deserve that spot on the 4th line and that he isn't ready for the big leagues.

I really hope he ends up doing the 1st one though, as I've seen skill and obvious potentital in him, he just needs to break out of his shell, and a stint like this will definitely help if not totally crack it...

So yes, do us proud Brandon and break out of the shell as I know me, and a heck of a lot of Canes fan want you on this team again, soon, real soon!

HUDGEEEEE MISTAKE!!!

the kid works his tail off at practice

evey time hes by far the last one on the ice

pratically killing himself to prove he wants to be

here

and what does he get... sent back to the minors

REALLY???

BS BRO!

HUDGEEEEE MISTAKE!!!

here

REALLY???

BS BRO!

Do you think it is better for him to watch NHL games from the press box rather than play and develop in the AHL?

HUDGEEEEE MISTAKE!!!

here

REALLY???

BS BRO!

The kid weighs about a buck seventy soaking wet. He plays a physical game, but can't at that weight at the NHL level. He can't play the minutes at this level that he needs to develop. Agewise, he was too young to start in the AHL but the Canes didn't want him playing another season of Juniors (on a bad team). He played enough at this level to get his feet wet and practice with the big boys. When it was feasable to be sent to Albany, he was. I imagine that management and coaching let him know all along that this was the plan. I thought he was being rushed to play at this level and but I didn't know else they could have done. He is going to improve a lot more playing 20 minutes a night in Albany than he would having snacks in the press box.

The kid weighs about a buck seventy soaking wet. He plays a physical game, but can't at that weight at the NHL level. He can't play the minutes at this level that he needs to develop. Agewise, he was too young to start in the AHL but the Canes didn't want him playing another season of Juniors (on a bad team). He played enough at this level to get his feet wet and practice with the big boys. When it was feasable to be sent to Albany, he was. I imagine that management and coaching let him know all along that this was the plan. I thought he was being rushed to play at this level and but I didn't know else they could have done. He is going to improve a lot more playing 20 minutes a night in Albany than he would having snacks in the press box.

I agree with all of this. He also needs to hit the weight room and start to fill out his frame. I think a taste of the NHL followed by a developmental stint in the AHL should almost be manditory. Gives perspective and creates work ethic. Sutter will be back, and he will be a very solid two way center.

He needs the time for strength & conditioning. He is not the same caliber as Staal and you saw how Staal got pushed around and banged up his first year.

He has the talent for the NHL just needs to get bigger and stronger to play with the big boys. IMHO B)

He needs the time for strength & conditioning. He is not the same caliber as Staal and you saw how Staal got pushed around and banged up his first year.

He has the talent for the NHL just needs to get bigger and stronger to play with the big boys. IMHO B)

I agree he needs to get bigger but its not like he's getting pushed around, in fact i think he has been one of the more physical canes

And also notice that Staal's breakthrough year was after the lockout, which coincidentally for him, was spent in the AHL, developing.