The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SamsonovFan

Justin William Interview

While I am thrilled to have Cole back, I hate to see Willie go. I feel bad for the guy - especially after watching that. He definitely seems bummed out and a little shell shocked.

No worries Justin, you will be back next year :blink:

On a serious note. It is sad to see him there and he doesnt look to impressed to be there. I wish him the best and maybe someday like all the other Cane players....he will be back!

I think he's jsut stressed.

the injuries, new team, has a new baby ( think he said 8 months old)...this is his first time being traded while having a family, so its new to him.

I will definitely tune in for his first game, and he has some very talented young players to work with that can set him up for his nice wrister.

He didn't seem like the happiest guy in the world in the interview but who knows...I wouldn't be too excited either.

Me neither if I was as injury prone as he is.

As a great man once said "Hasta La Vista Baby"

:( I was really down about losing him but seeing this video puts a hole in my gut. Cole comes back to fill in a hole that had healed, and now there's another hole. I hope he can fire up the Kings and lead them back into the playoffs, for Justin's sake. I hope he has tons of success out there. But, as others have already pointed out, he'll probably end up back here before it's all said and done. Get well Justin!

Me neither if I was as injury prone as he is.

As a great man once said "Hasta La Vista Baby"

The more I read your posts, Carciac, the more I think "CluelessCane" would be a better handle.

The more I read your posts, Carciac, the more I think "CluelessCane" would be a better handle.

I appreciate you voicing your opinion too.

Though who is Carciac?

Should I apologize for having little patience for injury prone players? All the hustle and desire in the world can only get you so far if you can't put it out on the ice.

Though may be the Justin Williams Lolli Pop thread wasn't a good place to voice my opinion.

WOW...that was brutal to watch. He SO doesn't want to be there...his mannerisms, voice and answers...must feel like he is exiled...

Hopefully JR will "recycle" him too.. :(

Just wanted to share this..... I am happy Cole is back... But man does Justin seem down in this interview.... Is it just me?

http://kings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=729&id=35761' target="_blank">Justin William's Interview[/post]

I appreciate you voicing your opinion too.

Though who is Carciac?

Should I apologize for having little patience for injury prone players? All the hustle and desire in the world can only get you so far if you can't put it out on the ice.

Though may be the Justin Williams Lolli Pop thread wasn't a good place to voice my opinion.

Further examples of your childishness - picking a typo. As if your posts lack them. And (more to the point) failing to do ANY RESEARCH.

If Justin Williams is "injury prone" Eric Cole is too. From 2001-02 to the beginning of this season, Cole had played only 22 more games, even with JW missing half of last season. And Cole's NEVER played all 82, which JW did in consecutive years, including the Cup season. Look, broken necks happen. So do ACLs. A broken hand resulting from a shot by a teammate (Williams' current issue) however, is a flat-out freak accident and JW had still played 32 games this year, coming back 2 months earlier than expected from the achilles injury. He's a career +27; Cole's at +12.

From your previous posts heaping praise on Eric Staal, I realize that playing a lot is important to you. But as Staal's past two years have shown, there's a big difference between being in the lineup every night and actually showing up. I'd rather have a busload of Walkers, Coles, Williams, Cullens, and Corvos who are not afraid of - and in fact, relish - the contact inherent in the game, than a bunch of guys who are big enough to throw their weight around but refuse to do so because they might not get the "perfect attendance" star on their lapels.

Further examples of your childishness - picking a typo. As if your posts lack them. And (more to the point) failing to do ANY RESEARCH.

If Justin Williams is "injury prone" Eric Cole is too. From 2001-02 to the beginning of this season, Cole had played only 22 more games, even with JW missing half of last season. And Cole's NEVER played all 82, which JW did in consecutive years, including the Cup season. Look, broken necks happen. So do ACLs. A broken hand resulting from a shot by a teammate (Williams' current issue) however, is a flat-out freak accident and JW had still played 32 games this year, coming back 2 months earlier than expected from the achilles injury. He's a career +27; Cole's at +12.

From your previous posts heaping praise on Eric Staal, I realize that playing a lot is important to you. But as Staal's past two years have shown, there's a big difference between being in the lineup every night and actually showing up. I'd rather have a busload of Walkers, Coles, Williams, Cullens, and Corvos who are not afraid of - and in fact, relish - the contact inherent in the game, than a bunch of guys who are big enough to throw their weight around but refuse to do so because they might not get the "perfect attendance" star on their lapels.

LOL you are great!...I am so glad you like looking at my posts so much. I did not know I had such an admirer. *blushing*

And if any of the other four you named start the whole injury thing and get on a "streak of bad luck" then I will have the opinion that they need to go too. Oh wait Walker is already there isn't he, though I would gladly take him out of my dog house if he can do an about face and start playing. Right now Corvo, Cullen and Cole are proving they do not in my dog house.

Go ahead tell me I am an idiot and don't know what I am talking about...that is the beauty of having an opinion.

PS TSA - I am sorry I called my self an idiot.

LOL you are great!...I am so glad you like looking at my posts so much. I did not know I had such an admirer. *blushing*

And if any of the other four you named start the whole injury thing and get on a "streak of bad luck" then I will have the opinion that they need to go too. Oh wait Walker is already there isn't he, though I would gladly take him out of my dog house if he can do an about face and start playing. Right now Corvo, Cullen and Cole are proving they do not in my dog house.

Go ahead tell me I am an idiot and don't know what I am talking about...that is the beauty of having an opinion.

PS TSA - I am sorry I called my self an idiot.

LOL back atcha, what I like is exploding false statements. Your protestations make my point. Walker is playing again, about as effectively as Eric Staal has for most of this year. Coming off an injury is not like flipping a lightswitch, yet you've given Walker just a few games back before sending him to your "doghouse." But I notice you scrupulously avoid mentioning Brindy; I suppose the "C" earns him a pass?

LOL back atcha, what I like is exploding false statements. Your protestations make my point. Walker is playing again, about as effectively as Eric Staal has for most of this year. Coming off an injury is not like flipping a lightswitch, yet you've given Walker just a few games back before sending him to your "doghouse." But I notice you scrupulously avoid mentioning Brindy; I suppose the "C" earns him a pass?

Oh really, I did not see Walker out on the ice last night? I wish Walker was playing as effectively as Staal has been this year. At least he'd be out on the ice.

As far as Brind'Amour is concerned he has played through what ever has been bothering him this year. At times I have thought that he does need to retire just like everyone else but did not say anything because it was only ever a passing thought. It is one thing to have surgery and come back from that injury and play through what ever discomfort Brind'Amour has had to play through. It's another thing to consistently be hurt time and time again.

I am not talking about being out a game or two because of some little injury. I am talking about guys like Walker, Williams and Kaberle who just can not seem to stay healthy for one reason or another. My issues with them have nothing to do with them on a personal level, I am more concerned with how the team I like performs. I don't care who scores or does this or that, just win! I am happy to see that Kaberle has been able to get past his shoulder issues and now can at least be a serviceable defensemen and help out where he is needed.

Though as to not continue this conversation with a Topshelf like you...this will be my last post in this thread. Enjoy!

And this all has what to do with Justin Williams and his interview?

Back on topic or this thread will need to be closed.

And we girls have to watch in amazement while the boys partake in another senseless pissing contest.

Carry on.

Not helpful. <_<

Just wanted to share this..... I am happy Cole is back... But man does Justin seem down in this interview.... Is it just me?

http://kings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=729&id=35761' target="_blank">Justin William's Interview[/post]

It wasn't just you (I just got a chance to watch it this evening). He definitely seemed surprised, and down and seemed to be trying hard to say the right things. I especially noticed his body language and facial expressions at the end of the interview and looked like he was trying to force a smile, but looked more like he was dying for the interview to be over. I will miss him for sure, but I guess we've learned with the Canes that you never say never-he's got as good a chance as anyone of being back one day!

Why does your post always include a bash of Staal? You really need to deal with your anger. Maybe you need to watch the games a little closer if you think this teamis better off eith Williams over Cole. Just admit, JR made a great trade to help this team now and in the future and Staal has taken off since the addition of Cole.

It is so sad to see him go. I think he will fit in well there but its a tough adjustment leaving a place where you were happy and comfortable. It must be tougher because he might not have been traded had he been healthy and producing like the JWilly we all know and love. Best of luck in La La land and you will be missed.