The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cismaxz-ch1

Old new Canes crank it up - THN Article

although we are playing great hockey, unfortunaly so is everyone else in the playoff run):

we jsut need to keep fighting(:

no doubt about it, i love the carolina hockey right now.

ps. jb online

i lovee ur sig(:

Sammy ranks fourth on the team in scoring with 42 points and second on the team with 28 assists... won the Calder Trophy for ROTY... he constantly rejuvenates lines who are stagnant, adds energy and skill to the lineup and contributes 33% to the shootout AND has done all this since JR got him, last season... is JR supposed to pay him in peanuts?

Well, you see, you have to look at this from a Canadian* perspective. He played for the glorious Canadiens (bow your head when you hear that name), and they didn't win The Cup while he was there. So now, he sucks, as do all teams for whom he plays. It is now hockey law, as it is written in the hallowed halls of Toronto and Montreal (where I would be fined, or possibly shot, for writing Montreal without the accent aigu). Same with Corvo and Ottawa. Where we applaud and play Welcome Back Kotter for our former players, Canadians* boo them any time they touch the puck. For the whole game. Every game. Forever.

* - this seems to be particular to eastern Canada, and especially among les Quebecois, where they are always mad about anything that isn't French-Canadian (or just mad in general, hard to tell). I can't imagine Oilers fans booing Cole next time he's there, and I don't think they ever booed Sammy.

Disclaimer: No personal offense to any Canadians intended, I have several friends there, and I am being hyperbolic. Shoot me, it's a Friday!

Oh, and thanks for posting the article. ;)

Sammy ranks fourth on the team in scoring with 42 points and second on the team with 28 assists... won the Calder Trophy for ROTY... he constantly rejuvenates lines who are stagnant, adds energy and skill to the lineup and contributes 33% to the shootout AND has done all this since JR got him, last season... is JR supposed to pay him in peanuts?

unfortunately sergei was guy carbonneau's orignal whipping boy. an easy target for carbo. a smaller, skilled european. obviuosly hockey media would side with their contemporary whom they all respected as player. in the end carbo loved the attention when things were going good, but dished out BLAME when things were not. truth is sergei is a real good player except in montreal and canadian media.