The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-family

Why do we pull the goalie?

I remember reading somewhere, it actually works just under 20% of the time, ( not saying that is correct, but would like to the know the real #) if you watch enough highligights you would be amazed how many times it actually accounts for something

that puck did jump on him, he was just trying to slide it in

Oh, I know it jumped on him. But it's just a great representation of his career as a whole. He was a first round draft pick of Atlanta (if I recall) and never amounted to anything but disappointment.

I remember reading somewhere, it actually works just under 20% of the time, ( not saying that is correct, but would like to the know the real #) if you watch enough highligights you would be amazed how many times it actually accounts for something

I wonder what the stats are on empty net goals. Do teams score on the empty net more than teams score with the goalie pulled?

I wonder what the stats are on empty net goals. Do teams score on the empty net more than teams score with the goalie pulled?

Good question. My guess would be yes. I've seen a lot more empty netters than last minute goals. Probably at least a 2 to 1 ratio, maybe 3 to 1.

I really like when the team that's ahead takes a penalty at the end. The behind team has a 6 on 4, but the ahead team is on the PK and has no icing issues and can just fire the puck at will toward the other goal. Makes it interesting.