The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cgyflamelover97

Will the Hurricanes Retire Rod's #17?

If number 17 does not go to the rafters, the RBC Center has no reason whatsoever to exist.

I am with you on that he has been with us since 2000 when he was traded to us. Brindy deserves to get his number retired if he doesnt something is seriously wrong with the Canes organization he is the CAPTAIN afterall.

If number 17 does not go to the rafters, the RBC Center has no reason whatsoever to exist.

I can't argue with that. If anyone on this team deserves their number in the rafters, it's him. I would be disappointed in the organization if they didn't give him the respect he so clearly deserves.

This has been a hot topic in all the Raleigh papers for months now, I am surprised nobody has started a thread about this yet. Will the Carolina Hurricanes retire Rod Brindamour's #17???

There has been huge controversy over this topic and is one of the reasons why Laviolette was fired! Peter didn't think that Rod should have his number retired and some of the management had a different opinion. A lot of the Hurricanes were upset that they might not retire his number, so they took it up with the management. This is becoming a very sophisticated issue.

I am really worried that Roddy will not get the respect he deserves when he retires. A couple months ago I didn't sleep for a week because I was so upset. Rod SHOULD have his #17 retired!

Angry Rod Brindamour/Hurricane Fan

Hi, and welcome. Can you tell us how you know this inside info? Ive never seen this once in the local papers, maybe you could provide a link? Only thing Ive read recently is that Brind'Amour says he's not ready to retire and will be back next season.

Hi, and welcome. Can you tell us how you know this inside info? Ive never seen this once in the local papers, maybe you could provide a link? Only thing Ive read recently is that Brind'Amour says he's not ready to retire and will be back next season.

I thought the same thing. I'm skeptical that this was the reason Lavi was fired, let alone that it was even discussed in the first place. IIRC, Lavi had nothing but respect for Brindamour.

This has been a hot topic in all the Raleigh papers for months now, I am surprised nobody has started a thread about this yet. Will the Carolina Hurricanes retire Rod Brindamour's #17???

There has been huge controversy over this topic and is one of the reasons why Laviolette was fired! Peter didn't think that Rod should have his number retired and some of the management had a different opinion. A lot of the Hurricanes were upset that they might not retire his number, so they took it up with the management. This is becoming a very sophisticated issue.

I am really worried that Roddy will not get the respect he deserves when he retires. A couple months ago I didn't sleep for a week because I was so upset. Rod SHOULD have his #17 retired!

Angry Rod Brindamour/Hurricane Fan

You can't be serious! The guy is still playing so this discussion is at least two years too soon.

Closing this thread until we get some links or sources to back up any claims by the OP. With nothing to back up these claims, we'll be just spreading rumors.