The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GoalieDad-ch1

TV Schedule

Does anyone live in the Greenville area and know when and where any Hurricanes games come on TV? I've found out in the past with other sports (Atlanta Braves mainly) that Eastern NC is usually treated much different than the rest of NC for some reason.

Yes. :)

There are two main places I know of that show the Canes games in Greenville.

Tiebreakers is down in the Bells Forks intersection (Charles/43S and Firetower Rd.). It's in the shopping center there between 43 and Arlington, where there are two roads on either side of Food Lion. It's off the road closest to Firetower towards the Arlington side which has Bojangles and Wendys at that end. If you're coming down Arlington turn in between Wendys and Bojangles. You'll see Andy's on the right and at the other end of that building on that side is where Tiebreakers is. If you're coming down Charles/43 turn in between Burger King and Blockbuster and go down to almost the other end of that road and you'll see it on your left. Good place with good food. Has a huge projection set up on one side and flatscreens all around.

Professor O'Cools tends to be my place of choice. It's in the Big Lots shopping center at Arlington and Greenville Blvd. Go to the far left behind Logan's Roadhouse and the entrance is along the back side there. A bit smaller split up between several rooms, but I like it because you can get closer to the TV's and see the games more easily. The main room has flatscreens almost in a full circle above around the room. Oh, and the wait staff doesn't hurt, either. ;)

Both you may need to ask at times for them to turn on the games, though they are always happy to oblige so long as it's on. They both get Center Ice, as well, and have been catering to Canes fans since the Cup run.

I'll almost certainly be heading to O'Cools Monday night, and they know me when I walk in that I'll want the game on.

Cool, thanks. I know where both of those places are. I used to go to O'Cools once upon a time for wrestling PPVs.

Kind of sucks to live so close to Raleigh and the only way we can get the games is Center Ice though. <_<

No problem. Glad to help. :)

We ought to get a sticky thread that lists places around the Carolinas that show the games.

I'm sure there will be tons of NCAA basketball on at the time at both places, but I guarantee we'll get at least one TV on to show the game. Maybe even get our own room like we did the last Cup run at O'Cools.

And yes, for the Canes being the closest major pro sports team to our area the coverage could be much better. At least it has improved over what it used to be, not that it took much. We were still in the Caps viewing area the first few seasons the Canes were here with HTS instead of FSS. Made it very tough to be a Canes fan with the team further away in Greensboro and not being able to watch their games unless they played the Caps. :wacko:

No problem. Glad to help. :)

We ought to get a sticky thread that lists places around the Carolinas that show the games.

I'm sure there will be tons of NCAA basketball on at the time at both places, but I guarantee we'll get at least one TV on to show the game. Maybe even get our own room like we did the last Cup run at O'Cools.

And yes, for the Canes being the closest major pro sports team to our area the coverage could be much better. At least it has improved over what it used to be, not that it took much. We were still in the Caps viewing area the first few seasons the Canes were here with HTS instead of FSS. Made it very tough to be a Canes fan with the team further away in Greensboro and not being able to watch their games unless they played the Caps. :wacko:

Not at my place! I have CI and I hope I get the game on Monday! I know you guys in G-vegas have a hard time so you are welcome here( K-Town). :)

This is cool, especially since it sounds like they would use the FLA radio announcers - have not had the "pleasure" of listening to Potvin, but I won't mind missing the opportunity. I may have to try calling around Wilmington to see if anyone has CI - a couple of places near the Ice House that sponsor teams come to mind. If anyone knows a place for sure, please post it here.

Pirate, a sticky with a list of viewing sites is a great idea. We seem to not have (or I missed) a FAQ-type area for such things.

This is cool, especially since it sounds like they would use the FLA radio announcers - have not had the "pleasure" of listening to Potvin, but I won't mind missing the opportunity. I may have to try calling around Wilmington to see if anyone has CI - a couple of places near the Ice House that sponsor teams come to mind. If anyone knows a place for sure, please post it here.

Pirate, a sticky with a list of viewing sites is a great idea. We seem to not have (or I missed) a FAQ-type area for such things.

If you guys in the part of the state ( south east ) wish to come here and watch you are welcome. I will warn that if I have to listen to Potface I can get crazy :blink: I will be cooking something good and I hope I get the game. :P

Not at my place! I have CI and I hope I get the game on Monday! I know you guys in G-vegas have a hard time so you are welcome here( K-Town). :)

Thanks for the offer! Sometime I may just take you up on that, but unfortunately for tomorrow just making it to O'Cools will be pushing it for me.

Some of us Canes fans in the Greenville area have talked about having a Canes viewing party at one of the restaurants at some point, though nothing has seemed to come of it. May need to do that if things go beyond the regular season. ;)

Im looking at Center Ice right now and it has the game coming on channnel 735 for everyone who has Center Ice, it will only be a few cameras with the Florida radio guys doing the play by play, this should be interesting!!

Does anyone live in the Greenville area and know when and where any Hurricanes games come on TV? I've found out in the past with other sports (Atlanta Braves mainly) that Eastern NC is usually treated much different than the rest of NC for some reason.

I'm in Rocky Mount and I haven't had a problem with any of the games. They're still on FSN (Fox Sports Network). Suddenlink is my cable provider and that makes FSN channel 49, but depending on who you have, it could be different. Go to your cable provider's website and see what channel FSN is. Hurricanes games come on at 7 usually.

Im looking at Center Ice right now and it has the game coming on channnel 735 for everyone who has Center Ice, it will only be a few cameras with the Florida radio guys doing the play by play, this should be interesting!!

ha! sweet. I'll be watchin on NHL Gamecenter online.

The external web TV link has not been showing many hockey games of late...whats up with that? :(

Canes on TV tonight cross your fingers. I have seen it listed but the get the blocked in your area.

ok, now that we have greenville taken care of, can anyone tell me of specific bars in raleigh that would have the game?

Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd should be showing the game. Going to have to watch the game on TV, listen to the stream and post here using my PC. Now, if I could walk and chew gum at the same time, I would be really talented.

ok, now that we have greenville taken care of, can anyone tell me of specific bars in raleigh that would have the game?

Any of the Ale Houses or Buffalo Bros on Capital.

I know a couple Canes fans going out to Buffalo Bros tonight.

What will it take to get the Canes March 23 game against Florida on Foxsports Carolinas? Right now, it's not scheduled and that one's looming to be a HUGE game! Anyone us fans can email and bug about this? In years past they've added games down the stretch. I figure we better start bugging the right people now before it's too late!

Quite a few of us are going to the Alehouse in Cary. It is suppost to be on NHL Center Ice. No respect!!!

The external web TV link has not been showing many hockey games of late...whats up with that? :(

I know, Not having much luck with that either lately. :( If anyone has a real live link for tonights game please PM. B)

Interestingly enough, myp2p is saying habsvision will have it on tonight, I guess because Florida can take 8th spot away from Montreal with a win.

*edit*

Ok so I cant post the link, but you got google and habsvision to work with ; )

Jay, I'm not sure about satellite, but on Suddenlink its a channel called FSCR and home Hurricanes games come on there. I recorded tonight's game.

Jay, I'm not sure about satellite, but on Suddenlink its a channel called FSCR and home Hurricanes games come on there. I recorded tonight's game.

Yes, in Greenville (the NC one) Canes games are on Fox Sports Carolinas, a region of Fox Sports South, channel 36 and also for the few games if you have HD on 723.

As for satellite, I've heard that there can be problems that they don't always show the Canes games. Reason being (if this is true) that the satellites show the Fox Sports South feed from Atlanta, and so they don't break away to the local Fox Sports Carolinas feeds. FSCR is like a local interruption that is only shown in NC and SC, and if you tune in early enough before a Canes game you'll often see them break in from other programming for it. (I've even found at times that Suddenlink in the on screen guide sometimes screws up and lists what is on FSS instead of the Canes game on FSCR, which when it first started happening had me pretty worried until the game did come on.)

Never have had satellite myself so can't confirm that you can't get them on it here or if they (hopefully) have fixed it, but that's what I've heard in the past.

Welcome to the boards, GRv1! Good to see even more new Canes fans in the area. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have cause to start getting together some to watch some games beyond the regular season again at some sports bars. ;)

Pirate, that's seems pretty accurate as it would explain what happens to me with Braves games all the time. Despite not being in the Braves veiwing area (we get Nationals and Orioles games on MASN and MASN2) FSN always blacks out the Braves games for me on my DISH. When I looked into it, it was explained to me that the satelite picks up that signal like I'm in the Braves veiwing area, but since I'm not I don't get the secondary channels that come along with that (Turner Sports). I'm afriad this whole situation may play out again for the Hurricanes, which is stupid seeing as I'm only like an hour down the road. Ughhh.

Welcome to the boards, GRv1! Good to see even more new Canes fans in the area. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have cause to start getting together some to watch some games beyond the regular season again at some sports bars. ;)

Thanks, I'm not a drinker, but don't mind going to watch the games at the sports places. Deadpool and I used to go watch WWF and WCW back in the day at BW3's and Professor O'Cools.

DP, I'm gonna start recording the games that I am able to get...