The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caps-fan-74

Thank you, from a Caps Fan

Well...it doesn't hurt that you guys landed OV. :P

As I posted earlier on the PGA of the game...the Caps fans behind us were nice and we'll be contacting each other.

I wanted to send a special thank you to each and every member of the Hurricanes fan base, and booster club I met on Saturday. I was one of the people that came down with the Caps Fan Club, and was very surprised and thankful for the treatment and hospitality I recieved. I will not say that all Caps Fans are so... pleasant (I think we have the worst acting, least classy fans in the NHL personally.. but.. alas.. they are my people still).

The BBQ that your Booster club had set up was wonderful.

Your arena is very nice (except the scoreboard.. I will give Verizon Center a point on that).

With the exception of only 1 Car Hur fan... I encountered nothing but polite, cool, awesome people.

And.... the Women, as an average down there, WOW...

Wishing you guys the best of luck (other than any games against my Caps that is)...

PS.. a special apology to the I believe she is a STH in section 114 row.. ??S 16?? roughly?? she was next to some of the worst that came down.. she battled back with class and kept is all in check with........ patheticness next to her.. <and she was really cute too.. damn..>

(I think we have the worst acting, least classy fans in the NHL personally.. but.. alas.. they are my people still).

Your arena is very nice (except the scoreboard.. I will give Verizon Center a point on that).

I can think of a couple teams with less classy fans than your group. I thought you guys came into RBC with respect. I even had a couple cap stranglers down in my area in 113 and all 7 were very polite. Even shook a few hands at the end.

You can never go wrong with some Carolina BBQ.

Come on down next year and check out the new Jumbotron we are getting.

Both fan groups have their share of jerks and class acts. While class acts know how to enjoy a cold one, booze just seems to worsen the bevavior of the jerks.

Both fan groups have their share of jerks and class acts. While class acts know how to enjoy a cold one, booze just seems to worsen the bevavior of the jerks.

Come up to Verizon Center... you will think we all are bad.. .. one of the worst environments for anyone supporting people from another team (and yea.. we can be worse than Philly.... they are usually nicer to visiting fans)..

Thank you for coming down. As the organizer of the Booster Club Tailgate, this year was the best of any we have had with y'all. Not only was everyone a blast, raised money for TriangleSpecialHockey.com. Look forward to seeing you guys in the playoff.. :)

I wanted to send a special thank you to each and every member of the Hurricanes fan base, and booster club I met on Saturday. I was one of the people that came down with the Caps Fan Club, and was very surprised and thankful for the treatment and hospitality I recieved. I will not say that all Caps Fans are so... pleasant (I think we have the worst acting, least classy fans in the NHL personally.. but.. alas.. they are my people still).

With the exception of only 1 Car Hur fan... I encountered nothing but polite, cool, awesome people.

And.... the Women, as an average down there, WOW...

Wishing you guys the best of luck (other than any games against my Caps that is)...

PS.. a special apology to the I believe she is a STH in section 114 row.. ??S 16?? roughly?? she was next to some of the worst that came down.. she battled back with class and kept is all in check with........ patheticness next to her.. <and she was really cute too.. damn..>

It was great having you down! It was nice to see your TV guys come over and interview you too. I had a friend sitting in 114 with his two sons & wife. When we were leaving from the pre-game skate I noticed he was surround by you all.

Anyhow hope that next years schedule allows for another Saturday tailgate with you all up there or down here.

Irish Guy. The guy with the green St. Patrick Kilt on. (PS: I normaly do not wear it to the game. Or St Patrick's Day parade was canceled the weekend prior due to rain so we had it this past Saturday. However I understand that RED cape guy always wears his :P )

It was great having you down! It was nice to see your TV guys come over and interview you too. I had a friend sitting in 114 with his two sons & wife. When we were leaving from the pre-game skate I noticed he was surround by you all.

Anyhow hope that next years schedule allows for another Saturday tailgate with you all up there or down here.

Irish Guy. The guy with the green St. Patrick Kilt on. (PS: I normaly do not wear it to the game. Or St Patrick's Day parade was canceled the weekend prior due to rain so we had it this past Saturday. However I understand that RED cape guy always wears his :P )

LOL at the BBQ, a few of the Caps fans were making fun from a distance at ya my brother.. but that stopped when someone else from our group pointed out.. "so.. atleast they don't have someone that wears a cape everywhere he goes....... we lose everytime.......... we have a cape guy.. ugh.."

:huh: Do Caps ever play Buffalo? Do their fans ever come to Verizon, or have you found some super secret and effective way of making them stay away? (if your answer is "yes", we'd love to know how, many would probably pay $ to be in on the secret ;) )

Anyhow, I had a great time sitting next to several Caps fans, who despite being completely wasted (they were putting down 2 beers + 2 mixed drinks a period each, and they were pretty buzzed before the game even started), were pretty good sports, passionate, knowledgeable, and pretty respectful.

Thanks for coming, looking forward to the next time we play each other, let's keep the rivalry going strong!

Thanks Caps fan!!! Same back at ya (My family came up to the Verizon Oct 07-08 season and had just as great of an experience)

I was very impressed with the "unity" in your fan base. You guys really motivated our crowd. The Caniacs can (especially weekday games) be a "wine & cheese" crowd in the regular season (excepet the crazies in 338 & 328). You Caps were loud. Horn guy very good! Made the Caniacs work to drown you'll out.

good luck; hope we don't have to face up in the playoffs.

Nice hearing from such a classy Caps fan. All fan bases are going to have jerks but its important not to lump them all in the same group. It would be nice to see 2 or 2 teams representing the SE this year. Best of luck for the rest of the season and if you play Montreal, Rangers, Pitts, or Buffalo please do us a solid and beat them :)

I've never had any trouble at all with Caps fans. Normally I've found most of them to be perfectly fine to be around, but all fan bases have the regular crowd of jerks......except for that one place.......where every fan is a complete drunk off their rocker jerk....what was the name of that city and team?...... ;)

....hmmmm.....could it be

you know which team i'm thinking about, so why even look :-P

I've never had any trouble at all with Caps fans. Normally I've found most of them to be perfectly fine to be around, but all fan bases have the regular crowd of jerks......except for that one place.......where every fan is a complete drunk off their rocker jerk....what was the name of that city and team?...... ;)

Didn't know we were getting a new Jumbotron next year.

Anyways, glad you enjoyed Caps_fan, I'm glad our fans showed good hospitality, except for that one bad apple you mentioned. I hope your team beats Toronto tomorrow, don't want them getting hot and sneaking in.

Thanks Caps fan!!! Same back at ya (My family came up to the Verizon Oct 07-08 season and had just as great of an experience)

I was very impressed with the "unity" in your fan base. You guys really motivated our crowd. The Caniacs can (especially weekday games) be a "wine & cheese" crowd in the regular season (except the crazies in 338 & 328). You Caps were loud. Horn guy very good! Made the Caniacs work to drown you'll out.

good luck; hope we don't have to face up in the playoffs.

I resemble that remark. From the "Other Horn Guy in 338". I did not know we were crazy. But glad to be included in that category. LOL As was true when the Atlanta folks came to town I was worn out by the end.

I was at the Verizon center for a game earlier this season (the one where the Canes score two shorties) and had no problems. There were some good-natured taunts from people right near us, but overall people were very nice. I went to the Greene Turtle that is attached the the stadium before the game and had some good conversations there as well. Your scoreboard is sweet, but that text messaging thing annoys me, the picture is awesome though.

Hey I'm from NC but used to live in DC and go to your games with my 'Canes stuff on. Your guys were cool although just some slight trash talking between us. What can I say its so fun to be an away fan.

And by the way, after living up there, I agree we grow our girls way better down here ;)

p.s. I know a team with fans that are 10,000,000 times worse, it begins with B and ends with uffalo Sabres

Hey I'm from NC but used to live in DC and go to your games with my 'Canes stuff on. Your guys were cool although just some slight trash talking between us. What can I say its so fun to be an away fan.

And by the way, after living up there, I agree we grow our girls way better down here ;)

p.s. I know a team with fans that are 10,000,000 times worse, it begins with B and ends with uffalo Sabres

Funny thing about their fans.... best way to keep their fans away and quiet... beat the team senseless.... I know around here.. the 1st Buff game was very ... somber.. (not road crews that traveled).. and we have ALOT of transplants here.. they show up with their old jerseys.. unfamiliar with 60% of the current line up on their team (had one joker near my Season Tickets this year talking to his friend all game about what a great captian Briere is......and how hard he plays... this year... ??? for Buff?????? wha wha wha??)...

Our problem visit fans are Pitt.. but our owner Ted helped fix that problem on his end.. and a winning team sells more home fan tickets to fix the rest of it.

There were some Caps fans sitting in my section (306) and some sitting in the section next to us. I didn't talk to 'em or anything, but no one in our section gave any of them a hard time, which I liked to see because I believe in good sportmanship.

LOL at the BBQ, a few of the Caps fans were making fun from a distance at ya my brother.. but that stopped when someone else from our group pointed out.. "so.. atleast they don't have someone that wears a cape everywhere he goes....... we lose everytime.......... we have a cape guy.. ugh.."
Hey, cape guy was cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the tailgate, and it was good seeing some familiar faces from last year.

Hey, cape guy was cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the tailgate, and it was good seeing some familiar faces from last year.

He was cool, but... when he put the Bud Light case on his head I had to question the "Total Package". I was hoping he would link up the the Canes' Cape Girl for a photo shoot. LOL

He was cool, but... when he put the Bud Light case on his head I had to question the "Total Package". I was hoping he would link up the the Canes' Cape Girl for a photo shoot. LOL

<~~~~Hangs head in shame.. distancing himself from others with the same jersey on... :lol: