The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cfoltron

Sergei Samsonov for Sean Avery

Avery is a thug and an idiot. If JR is stupid enough to add him to the lineup (for what - his skills at pissing other players off?) - I will boo him whenever he hits the ice - whatever uniform he wears.

There is no way this trade happens. Avery is the last thing that JR would bring here. Plus Sammy is starting to bring it.

This is a no-brainer.

ok despite the fact that the author of that article hasn't bothered to update his (or her) facts in a quite a while, it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever read. and under no circumstances would i cheer for a team that has that *lots of dirty words* on the bench. this team does not need a coward and an instigator that is more concerned with his budding fashion career and getting his mug on tv than the team that he plays for. if dallas is smart enough to let him go, i hope that NO team is dumb enough to pick him up. JR has made some questionable moves but i very seriously doubt that he would ever trade ANYONE on the team for avery.

This falls into the "don't believe what you see on the internet" category. The guy that wrote the article is an idiot. He's also got Vrbata as one of the options. Even if the guy wrote the article before Radim left the country for the Czech Republic, do you think that Avery and Vrbata is even close to an even trade? Even Dallas wouldn't be that stupid regardless of how much of a tool Avery is.

Have a little more faith in JR..... he would be laughing if he saw this rumour.

And if he DID do it, we'll have some tickets for sale too. :lol:

I dont know. Have you seen his "sloppy seconds". She is hot. If that is "SS" I would love to see the first run movie.

Another reason not to bring him here,,they're not together anymore! Kinda like his style of play and his choice of girlfriends, they- NHL, is out of his league and as hot as she is,she is way out of his league as well ! B)

Well then, we should add A LOT more names to this list. The entire Canes team?

The3se are just trades they would thank are possible, and all players on the list are looked at as underachieving or overpaid....but I can bet you if you talked to J.R. he'd quickly say "no way in hell" if he were asked to trade Samsonov for avery. Especially with that 1st line finally clicking.

Very true DJ, but don't cast a stone until you have seen the new GF.

JK, he is a poison and should not be here. Having a bad attitude on the team did not work when Oneill was here. And he is no Sean Avery.

Very true DJ, but don't cast a stone until you have seen the new GF.

JK, he is a poison and should not be here. Having a bad attitude on the team did not work when Oneill was here. And he is no Sean Avery.

True dat IRISH, true dat! ;)

I don't see it happening. While JR may be guilty of frequently bringing back old failed experiments (Mo, Tanabe, Vasicek, Babchuk, etc..), or players whose career is in the gutter with a hope of resurrecting it (Samsonov, Melichar, Grahame, etc..), he is not known to acquire controversial characters and known and reputed locker room cancers like Sean Avery. If there's a team in the NHL that I could see having a remote chance of getting Avery, it'd have to be Tampa Bay, since it seems the only org. where the management seems to have fallen off its rocker.

I feel Sean Avery would be a great addition...why? Well the canes are preforming not so great you can say for the least. Every single game we start off slow and the players seem not to be quite "pumped" up..(which is why its been a pattern to go down 0-2 recently) Sean Avery can get the team fired up and puts a lot of fire into the game. Yeah he has made mistakes off the ice but this past incident will have taught him his lesson but he still would be a great asset on the ice. If Maurice and Rutherford could do one thing right <_< ... they should at least look into it. Don't just bash the idea because you don't like Avery he has been known to be a leader at times...(last year for instance) and can serve the Canes a much needed "tune-up"..just my 2 cents!

If the canes signed avery i wouldn't watch or attend another game until he was gone. He can't stay in one place for a reason, nobody in dallas had his back nor wanted him on the team. It doesn't matter how good someone might be, some talents just aren't worth the trouble.

Avery's suspension by the NHL and the subsequent departure (or so it seems) from Dallas is a "lifetime achievement award". If that would have been the 1st incident with Avery, it wouldn't have garnered near the attention that he got. Why would the Canes or anybody want to add this distraction to their locker room? I can't see Avery on this team when you look at our management and coaching staff. Could you see Francis dealing with that moron? I know I can't.

Somebody needed something to write that day.