The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
obxcaneadian

Hurricanes - Oilers Stanley Cup Final Game 7 On TV

Aside from actually winning the thing, it was Justin Williams' breakaway goal in Game 1 that put us up 4-3 - I was there and had a great vantage point. I will never forget how loud the arena was that night.

I'm definately going to watch this. Good find.

Yeah, that moment when Ty Conklin lost the puck behind the net and Brindy stuffed it home was pretty awesome.

I was sitting lower bowl, just inside the offensive blueline for the playoffs that year and my favorite game 7 moment was watching Staal after he made the pass up the boards to JWills for the emtpy net. He just starts jumping up and down cheering before J even gets across center ice. Then the clock winds down and at 0 theres the "BOOM" and confetti comes streaming down. The look on Glen's face when it happened...

How about the game we came back against the Devils when they went ahead in the last minute, only to have us tie the game in the final seconds.

Or game 7 against Buffalo when we were down in the third, only to come back and win.

Great memories, definetly something special!

I have the DVD of those playoffs, I mean, as a Canes fan, how can you not???????

after enduring the boorish behavior of the buffaslug fans, the best memories come from the class of the Oil fans. I was in line to purhase a cold one and an Oil fan asked for me recommendation. He then bought me a Stella.

The second goal of the game in game 7 was absolutly sweet. Held the line, then feed to Kaberle. BOOM!! 2-0 Canes!!! I went crazy after that goal!

Who can forget the secret weapon, Wallin's overtime goal against the Devils? SWEET.

MY FEET HURT - that ran through my head a few times during game 7. :) Williams empty netter is my favorite - it removed my stomach from my throat and stopped the heart palpitations.

Fave memory? Going down to Raleigh for Gm 5 against Edmonton. Eventhough, Pisani stole my dream of watching my boys hoist the Cup, I have only fond memories of NC.

one more thing: I met Cole and I wished him well as he signed my jersey.

I was stuck at work for Game Seven. I managed to get a radio report of the score(2-1 Carolina) right after we closed. Which was good, because the WOOOOO!!!! I let out was heard all over the store. :lol: I did get to see the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period when I got home.

My favorite memory has to be Aaron Ward getting hurt in Game 6 and coming back in that game to block a shot, the only thing he remembers from that night. Then he started the scoring in Game 7. Now that's relentless. :)

I have 3 favorite memories from that series:

1) Not sitting during game 7.

2) Having my uncle from Chicago (who, along with my Mom, is the reason I love hockey) call me on my cell phone pretty much all series long, asking "did you see that?" Here's a man who hardly lifts the phone at all, but was giddy as a can be that his two nieces were at the Stanley Cup finals.

3) My daughter, 8 years old at the time, falling asleep at the end of the 3rd period, and awaking at the end when the confetti and horn went off asking "did we win?"

Fave memory? Going down to Raleigh for Gm 5 against Edmonton. Eventhough, Pisani stole my dream of watching my boys hoist the Cup, I have only fond memories of NC.

one more thing: I met Cole and I wished him well as he signed my jersey.

Being offered $600 for my 2 tickets in the parking lot. saying "no way" and wishing after we lost I had said yes ;)

I remember something from every series..

Montreal: we owned them all season and scored so early in game one.. then seeing us lose both the first 2 at home and thinking boy, what a letdown the playoffs had become.

NJ: the Devils had won 15 games in a row and we smoked them 6-0 in game one, chasing Brodeur. The miracle comeback in Game 2 is my favorite moment of those playoffs. You don't see a comeback from going down a goal with 20 seconds left. Ever.

Buffalo: Unbelieveable games. I remember my stomach being so flippy all day before Game 7. How players do it I'll never know.

Edmonton: never sitting all game and just being so hoarse by the end of it. Never thought I would ever be witness to a team of mine winning a championship. Just incredible!

anybody remember that for the montreal game that went to double OT, the concessions did not stop serving beer. I had a full 22 oz brewski when the habs scored early in the 2nd OT.

We were sitting right next to some very friendly Oilers fans and ribbing eachother the whole time. At the second intermission, they went into the Eye and bought Hurricanes jerseys and were cheering for both teams in the third period. It was a lot of fun. Then a group of Oilers fans gave us their necklaces and Oiler stuff on the way out of the arena as a memoir. What a great group of fans.

It was the emotional highs and lows in the finals were incredible. When the cup was within their grasp it would slip away. As we got closer to winning the Stanley Cup the more intense the feeling became. It was almost like you were apart of the team.

Standing, thru game seven. :)

Oh so many

The Brind'Amour goal in game 3 of the MTL series that tied the game @1, then Staal's winner. Stillmans winner in that game 6.

The 6-0 win over the Devils that broke their 16 game winning streak, then the next game when Staal scored with 3 seconds to go that lead to Wallins winner

the entire 3rd period of game 7 of the Buffalo series.

Cam Ward's amazing save on Ryan Smyth in that wild game 1. Then fast-forward all the way to game 7 and Aaron Ward scores that quick goal. Kabs winner, and then Wards amazing save on Pisani(I believe), with about 3minutes to go I knew at that point we just we not going to be denied the Cup. I was jumping up and down, yelling hollering w/ my friends afterwards. Great times they were

I also remember the brutal body-beatings the players from both teams took that series. I remember seeing Wesley, K. Adams and A.Ward diving to block shots.

How about the blow-out loss in game 6 to Edmonton? someone said afterwards the team played like "absolute *edit*".

Anyone remember the 5-on-3 that the Oilers had in game 7? where they didn't even get a shot on goal?

I was watching the last game, it was daytime so a saturday or sunday afternoon game? I dont remember. But we were up the 3-2 which I think was the final score and my best friend called me with about 10 seconds left in the game. He asked me "Are you seeing what i'm seeing?" And I said "The Carolina Hurricanes are about to be the 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!" After the final horn I think I jumped up and down about as much as the players. Watching Brindamour hoist the cup and then skate it over to Glen Wesley (Like FINALLY MY MAN!!) brought tears to my eyes and really made me wish Francis was still playing. I know he won two cups with Pittsburgh, but he shoulda had one with Carolina/Hartford.. he certainly deserves one. I know he got a ring in 06 as the assistant GM or whatever he was that year, but I bet he'd rather it be as a player.

I remember going from how utterly pissed off I was after game 5 to the disaster that was game 6. But then on the day of game 7, I actually felt pretty good going in to it which is unusual for me as I almost always expect the worst. And what I'll never forget is the sheer energy in the building. I've never been a part of something like that before or since where the ENTIRE crowd stood for the ENTIRE game. Amazing. Cam's save on Pisani is the moment in the game that stands out the most as where I really started to believe, "we might make it."