The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
airborne_cane

Chad Larose

Chad is actually one of my favorite playters... you can count on him to get the puck out on a penalty kill and he is just a pest to the other team. I just get frustrated when he does all that work and can't finish off a great play with a goal. If he could hit a wide open shot he would score 20 goals. But you gotta love the effort.

Eric Staal is the best player on the team hands down.
Better than LaRose? C'mon! Rosie flys under the radar....(so short the radar can't pick him up...!) :lol:

Seriously though, it is most amusing that the cheer for LaRose in the player intros was pretty close to the db level of cheers for Brindy and Staal. Clearly a fan favorite...and he did play his usual pesty game last night. And he missed on the one decent scoring chance he had....also, as usual. B)

I expect a lot of people will be eating crow by the end of the season about LaRose, especially those who referred to him as nothing more that a 5 minute 4th line player. ;) You will see him on the 3rd line the majority of the season, just like he was last season. Kudos to you airbornecane for eating crow and admitting it, a real hockey fan in my book. Hopefully you come to realize Rosie is the real official Chuck Norris of Hockey. :P

LaRose and Staal were the unsung heros of the game last night. They don't have to score every game to be the most consistant hustlers on the ice. I was proud of both of them.

Better than LaRose? C'mon! Rosie flys under the radar....(so short the radar can't pick him up...!) :lol:

Seriously though, it is most amusing that the cheer for LaRose in the player intros was pretty close to the db level of cheers for Brindy and Staal. Clearly a fan favorite...and he did play his usual pesty game last night. And he missed on the one decent scoring chance he had....also, as usual. B)

Staal has two goals LaRose doesn't even have a assist yet. I think that Staal is more on fire than LaRose.

Are we really comparing Staal and LaRose in the same sentence? :o

Chad LaRose brings tons of heart, grit and energy. In the actual skills department, he's playing right where he needs to.

On the third line...right?

Sometimes, 3rd or 4th where needed. Id be willing to bet that if Williams and Walker were healthy, he'd be playing right next to Brandon Sutter. ;)

Sometimes, 3rd or 4th where needed. Id be willing to bet that if Williams and Walker were healthy, he'd be playing right next to Brandon Sutter. ;)

IF is a big word for this team when it comes to players being out with injuries, that is why he is a depth player. When Walker and Williams are back, do you honestly think we're done with players being out with injuries? He will play on the 3rd line the majority of the season just like he did last season, this is how he was able to negotiate the $875,000 instead of a 4th line $550,000 deal.

IF is a big word for this team when it comes to players being out with injuries, that is why he is a depth player. When Walker and Williams are back, do you honestly think we're done with players being out with injuries? He will play on the 3rd line the majority of the season just like he did last season, this is how he was able to negotiate the $875,000 instead of a 4th line $550,000 deal.

Thats why I said if Walker and Williams were healthy, meaning we had a full roster. ;)

And if you've been watching the past two nights, that's no insult either. :)

And if you've been watching the past two nights, that's no insult either. :)

Not at all. It would make for one heck of a good 4th line that could maybe rival any other team's 3rd line. Brandon Sutter seems to be getting better and better every game and much more comfortable. Based on what Ive seen so far, IMO, he could be the real deal.

Chad LaRose is a guy who is not going to score 20 goals for a team or put up huge numbers. Chad is just a scrappy guy that gets under the skins of the other team, draws penalties and kills penalties. Most good teams have a guy like Chad and he plays his role to a perfection.

Even though the numbers would argue, I have no doubt our team would not be as good without him.

His play Friday night was impressive. He was all over the ice and I thought he showed more hustle than anybody out there. He definitely brings something to the table that nobody else on the team does.

this guy knows whats up. you know what the C in chad stands for? [future] captain.

It's refreshing to hear that people realize that it isn't always about the number of goals scored, or assists to be had. Rosey brings the energy every night and is an absolute pest to the other team. He's also an example to all those other AHL-ers who have been told that they are probably never going to make it to the big time. No one thought Rosey would still be around after the Cup year, but he is. And he's doing very well. I think he improves each season, and I can only imagine how he will be in the future. I'm not saying he is going to be the best player in the world, but he does have A LOT to contribute to this team, regardless of how many points he puts up. I think he's been in top form the past two games, and I can't wait to see what he pulls out tonight!

this guy knows whats up. you know what the C in chad stands for? [future] captain.

LaRose only signed a 1 year contract. C stands for Cup in his mind than for captain. I don't see him being our next Captain. No way. Only Staal he fits it best for his character. More like a Ron Francis type like he is.

Staal has two goals LaRose doesn't even have a assist yet. I think that Staal is more on fire than LaRose.

OK so that means diss every player who does not have a point yet.

A little narrow focused are we?

Yes Larose was quite impressive opening night. I'd have to say if he plays like that all year, filling the role that he fits so well as the scrappy little aggitator he is I think the goals and assits will come. Go Chad!!!

LaRose only signed a 1 year contract. C stands for Cup in his mind than for captain. I don't see him being our next Captain. No way. Only Staal he fits it best for his character. More like a Ron Francis type like he is.

Geeze, take things serious much?