The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
airborne_cane

Chad Larose

Wow.

I am flabbergasted. Obviously, from my little counter on the side you can see that I am a newbie on this forum...but have followed hockey and the Hurricanes a good long while. I can't believe what I am reading in this thread.

Are you all seriously saying that Chad LaRose is one of, if not the, best player on this team? Chad LaRose? Wow.

You can talk all you want about huste, but I'm sorry...that isn't going to win a game. I can tell you right now that I would hustle out there...I'd skate as fast as I could, play as hard as I could, take shots, make hits.....but you wouldn't want me out there, would you? Why? I will tell you....because I would be terrible. Same story for LaRose. He's terrible. A pest to the other team? Yeah, probably...but give me a guy who can score points and play solid defense, and not simply bother the other team.

Wow.

I am flabbergasted. Obviously, from my little counter on the side you can see that I am a newbie on this forum...but have followed hockey and the Hurricanes a good long while. I can't believe what I am reading in this thread.

Are you all seriously saying that Chad LaRose is one of, if not the, best player on this team? Chad LaRose? Wow.

You can talk all you want about huste, but I'm sorry...that isn't going to win a game. I can tell you right now that I would hustle out there...I'd skate as fast as I could, play as hard as I could, take shots, make hits.....but you wouldn't want me out there, would you? Why? I will tell you....because I would be terrible. Same story for LaRose. He's terrible. A pest to the other team? Yeah, probably...but give me a guy who can score points and play solid defense, and not simply bother the other team.

larose is about as terrible as barack obama is liberal. he can single handedly undress an opposing defense but only refrains as to hide his true talent, much like the young boy from mr incredible. in fact, im completely confident that by the year 2010, he will win the conn smythe [we always make the finals in world cup years, you see]. he'd win the norris too, but he doesnt qualify. he'll settle if the selke.

59 is the new 99

Wow.

(OK TSP I know you are rolling your eyes when reading this-here we go again) :rolleyes:

OK are we talking about the same Chad LaRose who played 58 games last season and scored a total of 11 goals (the same number of goals as Cullen for the same number of games) and assisted in

23 points, many of which won some games. He averaged 15 minutes playing time and labeled a 4th line forward, go figure. Oh yea he scored a hat trick too, how many top players did that last season? Wow I hate to see your standards for what you think is a good player.

Re-signing LaRose will be an interesting challenge as the team's first priorities will likely be Cole, Ruutu, and Babchuk. The best option would be if JR could get Walker to waive his No Trade Clause to free up funds for an expanded re-signing list to include LaRose. Perhaps Walker would like to close his career in Nashville. Perhaps he'd like to go to the Maple Leafs (isn't every Ontario boy's dream to wear the blue leaf at some point?). Other teams -- especially young teams in need of gritty, veteran leadership -- might be interested in Walker too.

It doesn't really matter what the Canes receive in return for Walker -- could be a pick or prospect, doesn't matter -- the key is moving Walker frees up $2.5 million! LaRose, in some respects, is essentially a young Scott Walker. They are both the same height though Walker's a little heavier build. LaRose is probably faster than Walker was at his age. But they both play a gritty/pesty, irritating brand of hockey. Trade Walker and re-sign his replacement in LaRose would seem like a doable plan.

I don't think Rosie's going to stay. After going that far to sign him to a 1 year contract, I would be surprised. Other clubs essentially know he's another pest who CAN score goals. Maybe NY will sign him to a 3 year 9 million contract. lol.

oh yeah and no PP goals, 2nds on the team in even strength goals

Let us not forget his shorties... I am not speaking of his stature either...

If we can get LaRose for 1.5 mil or less, we should keep him.

It will be an interesting offseason. The cap will not go up and there might be a lot of cap strapped teams which will stifle FA movement. Might just work in our favor. Getting Rosey for 3 years 1.5 a season and Cole for 3 mil a year for a few would be a dream scenario...