The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney_Fisher

Cole Back to the Canes

Well I love this move, having watched Colesy on Center Ice this year, he's really started to turn up the heat lately and didn't fit in well with the oilers system, Justin is having a hard time staying healthy and Cole really hasn't this year, not to mention he has not lost one bit of his speed!! The Canes are clearing about 7 million in the next few years also. It will be nice to see #26 back on the ice in a Canes Jersey!! Welcome home Cole.

... I'm not sure of what to think about this trade. Sure, considering everything that Cole has done for this team has been great and he's certainly a fan favorite, but I got used to the summer deal and got over the fact that Cole wasn't going to be in a 'Canes uniform. I was okay with just watching him on Hockey Night in Canada every few weeks. What is it with JR and the recycling of players... and coaches?!

I know Cole was Staal's best friend and was devistated whe he was traded, maybe that has something to do with it, I appreciate all Cole did when we won the cup and coming back for the final 2 cup games, But I personally don't like the deal :(

I think im going to cry! i loved justin!!!!!!.

have no clue who sullivan is.

and Cole better start getting on his game, he wasnt great in Edmonton.

It would have been awesome to get O'Sullivan he is the first and only native of North Carolina to play in the NHL, I believe he was born and raised in Winston-Salem.

But on the other hand, I am so happy that Erik Cole is back, I hope he does better back here than he has in Edmonton. Plus this makes that new Cole jersey I bought back before he got traded relavent again.

COLE SMASH!

There had better be a contract extention here for this to make any sense whatsoever. I feel Bad for Williams but maybe he needs a fresh start with all the injuries he's had here.

Wonder what this will do to Ruutu in the line up?

People were saying the same thing when JR acquired Samsonov,Ruttu and now look. We get a guy who already knows our system and guys in the locker room. Let's give this trade and Cole a chance before we start bashing JR.

This deal dont get us anywhere, just that cole is healthy and williams is not. Why would we trade Williams to get a younger sniper and a pick and then trade it away for someone we know is not the same after he got his neck replaced. I was used to cole not being here, why bring back "sloppy seconds" in the words of Avery and give away a player we could use. The only way this deal is not the most boneheaded move by JR is if Cole can put up at LEAST a point a game on our run here. Hopefully he has is speed like someone said earlier cause we can actually use it seeing as half our team only shows up occasionally

This should not come as a great surprise to anyone, really. JR is known for recycling players formerly in the Canes system. Personally, I was thinking we would just resign him in the summer but am not surprised by this as this gets rid of Williams's salary in the process.

There had better be a contract extention here for this to make any sense whatsoever. I feel Bad for Williams but maybe he needs a fresh start with all the injuries he's had here.

Wonder what this will do to Ruutu in the line up?

JR was basically saying the same thing, he thinks a change of scenery will be good for Justin with all the injuries he's had here and they will probably resign Colesy next year. I bet it will be Staal,Ruutu and Cole on a line, that is gonna be awesome!

Said this in another thread, but....I heard Erik on the phone on TSN and he didn't sound like he wants to be back here. Sounds like he liked it in Edmonton. Wish they'd left him there. Think JR made a mistake with the second part of the trade, and I will miss Justin Williams.

Only thing thats good about this trade for us right now, for the rest of the season and if we get in the playoffs, at least Cole will be able to play for us without an injury (hopefully) unlike with Williams who most likely wouldn't be able to recover quick enough.

man our trades or aquisitions are never exciting.. it's always the same old players going and coming back.. blah blah.. whatever.. if it works, great, if it doesnt, oh well.. i would have liked to see someone new like O'Sullivan (isn't he from NC??)