Sidney_Fisher

Cole Back to the Canes

Status update as of 4/3

Since Trade:

Cole: 2G 9A +1

O'Sullivan 0G 2A -7

Williams 0G 0A -2 (7 games)

Found this GREAT quote on the Flyers Board:

"Man, you look at Erik Cole there and some guys are just meant to play for a certain team. That guy is a Hurricane."

Absol-freakin-lutely!

After last night, it seemed to me that Cole assists on most of staal's goals. That one long one was a beauty. So I decided to check. Since we got Cole back:

- Staal has gone from 28G/22A (50 pts) in 65 games to 11G/13A (24 pts) in 15 games.

- Cole has assisted on 6 of Staal's 11 goals

- Cole & Staal together have assisted on 7 goals by others (both got the assists)

I would have thought Cole had assisted on more than half of Staal's goals.. but in any case, he has sparked Staal to over a point and a half per game guy over the last 5 weeks.

I'd say JR made a brilliant move to bring him back. Some would say he was only correcting his initial mistake. But it was a great move.

...and he appears to be playing hard every night. Not our grandfather's Erik Cole.

you can tell it is a contract year for him.

Potvin called it right this morning on XM---no long term contracts. Guys don't play as hard because of the initial cushion. I couldn't agree more.