The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Forza_Canes

Preferred 1st round opponent

My preference is for Flyers or Capitals, primarily for a change of pace. Save the Devils for 2nd round. The Pens would be fun too, but I'm not sure how that series could happen.

As they are playing right now, Id go with the Caps or Devils.

Caps or Devils here to...

Caps more because I dont think they have a very complete team. Ovechkin would have to find a way to do everything for an entire round x 4 to win a cup.

Caps or Devils here to...

Caps more because I don't think they have a very complete team. Ovechkin would have to find a way to do everything for an entire round x 4 to win a cup.

I agree, if you shut OvenKitchen down then you effectively shut down the Caps. They screwed up when they didn't re-sign Huet and ended up getting TheOpenDoor instead.

The Hockey Gods are somewhere above watching you all prattle on here on this thread, and they ain't amused. And they still have the power to turn this thread into a "preferred April golf tournament opponent" discussion. It may sound ridiculous given the recent play of our team, but weird things tend to happen to us <_<

The Hockey Gods are somewhere above watching you all prattle on here on this thread, and they ain't amused. And they still have the power to turn this thread into a "preferred April golf tournament opponent" discussion. It may sound ridiculous given the recent play of our team, but weird things tend to happen to us <_<

ok then Id prefer their 1st round opponent to be Pinehurst #2. If only we controlled the fate of this team.

agree.....can we wait until we have 2or 3 games left AND we are safely in a playoff spot before we have this thread. the past 2 years have made me this way so i blame them. ;)

Whether or not Canes make the playoffs, there's no reason not to discuss a preference as to whom they would face in the playoffs. Now the coaches and players should be focused on the opponents still left on the schedule, but as fans, it doesn't really matter what we talk about.

Whether or not Canes make the playoffs, there's no reason not to discuss a preference as to whom they would face in the playoffs. Now the coaches and players should be focused on the opponents still left on the schedule, but as fans, it doesn't really matter what we talk about.

I agree with the quote above. And would prefer the Caps, So we can Stuff and Roast the OvenChicken, no disrespect for Alex, i actually like to watch him play. But lately he has been even more lax on his backchecking, and trying to do to much by himself. I think they could collapse easy to our aggressive style we have been playing lately.

It was good to see Captain Rod stuff the OvenChicken into the boards last time we played him :)

I agree lets not count our chickens till they hatch,we have to make it 1st....Please make it,Please make it.....

Would love to knock off the Craps 1st round though...

Me personalty do not care who they play in the first round as long as they get in and do well in the playoffs. Anything other than a Stanley Cup is a disapointement to me.

Montreal :lol: nah Im like most people, just get in and that's all that matters, we all know the playoff's are a new season and the rankings go out the window, I just look forward to the great atmosphere of playoff hockey back in NC!

Probably Caps or Devils.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I can't believe we are actually being able to have this discussion... :D

Hang in there guys!

My preference is for Flyers or Capitals, primarily for a change of pace. Save the Devils for 2nd round. The Pens would be fun too, but I'm not sure how that series could happen.

I just want us to make the playoffs. After last years collapse I refuse to count any chickens before they are hatched. If we keep playing the way we are I think those eggs just might hatch ;)

Whoa!!!!! I leave for the afternoon and this is what I come back to? Did you people not learn anything from last year???????

There will be no speculation of playoff matchups for us until we get in. Yikes, we finally got Jillian to stop mentioning the "SO" word in the GDT's and now we need to contain this thread too?

Geesh <_<

Serioulsy, lets not anger the hockey gods now, they seem be smiling on us right now. ;)

Playoffs, don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.

One of my favorite sports quotes and very appropriate in this situation.

Shhhhhh. Hockey gods are listening.

Whoa!!!!! I leave for the afternoon and this is what I come back to? Did you people not learn anything from last year???????

There will be no speculation of playoff matchups for us until we get in. Yikes, we finally got Jillian to stop mentioning the "SO" word in the GDT's and now we need to contain this thread too?

Geesh <_<

Serioulsy, lets not anger the hockey gods now, they seem be smiling on us right now. ;)

i am wit u on that one

Playoffs, don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game.

One of my favorite sports quotes and very appropriate in this situation.

Shhhhhh. Hockey gods are listening.

exactly.. shhhhhhhhhhhh!