The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Forza_Canes

Preferred 1st round opponent

I'm not superstitious, so I'll bite.

I want to play any team not based in Pennsylvania. I think both the Flyers and Penguins will give us fits.

I like are chances against any other team - not as much against Boston. But the Caps or Devils can be beaten.

Whoa!!!!! I leave for the afternoon and this is what I come back to? Did you people not learn anything from last year???????

There will be no speculation of playoff matchups for us until we get in. Yikes, we finally got Jillian to stop mentioning the "SO" word in the GDT's and now we need to contain this thread too?

Geesh <_<

Serioulsy, lets not anger the hockey gods now, they seem be smiling on us right now. ;)

Yeah, look at the Panthers. They were in 5th and offering 4 free tickets IF they DID'NT make the playoffs..talk about a jinx look at them now :o also, on the GDT last night. It was a good laugh, but I knew we would get punished for that...and they scored :o LUCKILY, the hockey forgave our indiscreation and we won :P

History would dictate that the New Jersey Devils are the team we have the most success against in the playoffs, so I'll say that I would prefer to see them in the first round as opposed to anyone else. The only team I really DON'T want to see the team face is the Boston Bruins, as they have handled the Hurricanes pretty easily in every match-up thus far.

all talk should be stopped, until and when and if we clinch a spot, of course i dont have the power to do this.. :unsure:

all talk should be stopped, until and when and if we clinch a spot, of course i dont have the power to do this.. :unsure:

well, use your initative, and find out who does ;) ;)

Said the same thing in Out of Town scoreboard in Around the NHL. Get in first, and let's not jinx it please. It's like saying someone has a shutout in the works with 5 minutes to go..

Edit: No offense to the original poster, but close please. Let's get in first, then restart the thread.

Isn't talking about the playoffs before qualifying them something like touching the Conference Championship trophy after winning the conference finals?

Hockey gods? Please give me a break. Sorry, just makes me shake my head. Y'all believe in astrology and the tooth fairy too?

I'm with JustJoe, Devils would be preferred...though I wouldn't mind waiting for the second round to see them. Caps would be OK too. Not wanting to see the Bruins.

Hockey gods? Please give me a break. Sorry, just makes me shake my head. Y'all believe in astrology and the tooth fairy too?

I'm with JustJoe, Devils would be preferred...though I wouldn't mind waiting for the second round to see them. Caps would be OK too. Not wanting to see the Bruins.

There's NO tooth fairy??? Please dont tell me there's NO Santa either :o

Ask Ron Francis what he thinks about hockey superstitions like touching the Prince of Whales trophy ;)

Whoa!!!!! I leave for the afternoon and this is what I come back to? Did you people not learn anything from last year???????

There will be no speculation of playoff matchups for us until we get in. Yikes, we finally got Jillian to stop mentioning the "SO" word in the GDT's and now we need to contain this thread too?

Geesh <_<

Serioulsy, lets not anger the hockey gods now, they seem be smiling on us right now. ;)

I'm with you! What the heck happened? I went out last night and watched the game and fell asleep with a big smile. Awakened, went to Philly today and just got back. Holy $&*&&)^%!!! slow down.

My faith in humankind will slip even further if this thread is closed because of a silly superstition. Do people really think talking about the playoffs will cause us not to make it? Is Cam Ward going to read this thread, realize the 10 or so random people that have posted in it have playoff expectations, decide the pressure is just too much and choke?

For those on another thread all ready picking playoff opponents, let's remind ourselves of the task at hand, and records for our next 4 opponents over their last 10 games.

Ottawa - 9-1-0

Devils - 6-4-0

Rangers - 7-3-0

Penguins - 7-1-2

Luckily, all but the Devils will be played in the RBC. But, no easy games here. Ottawa will be a real test. Cully is out again. Let's hope we can keep this roll going because the playoffs are no given at this crucial point in the season. First game at home I will miss over the last 8, so whoever goes get loud and loud often. This team feeds off the energy.

Well, this isn't superstiton, it's a REAL schedule, so if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and choose away based upon the current standings.

Well, this isn't superstiton, it's a REAL schedule, so if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and choose away based upon the current standings.

actually yea, i believe in astrology..

My faith in humankind will slip even further if this thread is closed because of a silly superstition. Do people really think talking about the playoffs will cause us not to make it? Is Cam Ward going to read this thread, realize the 10 or so random people that have posted in it have playoff expectations, decide the pressure is just too much and choke?

I seem to remember the end of the season last year when we went 1-3 the last four games and missed the playoffs after leading the division the entire season. I remember sitting in the RBC after the last game with that dumb look on my face so forgive me for not putting the cart in front of the horse.