The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Forza_Canes

Preferred 1st round opponent

Flyers...but with us having home ice advantage.. ;)

My preference is for Flyers or Capitals, primarily for a change of pace. Save the Devils for 2nd round. The Pens would be fun too, but I'm not sure how that series could happen.

I don't want Pit or Philly, my hope would be for NJ because it's not the playoffs if we don't play the Devils. Plus IMO they are a little less talented (except in goal) than Pit and Philly. Since I don't see that happening, I suppose I'd rather play the Penguins because we have struggled against the Flyers more than the Pens.

I also believe we should aim to play Jersey in the post season. Even if a team should happen to beat Philly they will be badly wounded after playing against that toughness for a full series. Pittsburgh makes me nervous with Crosby being the NHL's poster boy and all. Will they really let Sid the kid get ousted in the first round or will the Pens get all the PP's they require to win as usual. I think we should rest Staal, Cole and Ward against Jersey tomorrow and just let the chips fall.

I would worry about the ref. calls too if we play Pitts. You know they want their golden boy to be in the playoffs as long as possible. I would rather play Jersey if for no other reason to see Philly and the Pens go at it since their is so much animosity there already.

we have our golden boy in staal, play to WIN, AND then lets play.. u play well well enough doesnt matter the opponent

I'm pulling for the Pens tonight. At this point think we are better off facing the Devils than the Flyers or the Pens. Let them beat each other up, and we will take care of business over the Devils. Then we will deal with waht is left after each round :)

We are only one away win from home ice :)

GO PENS !!

then go

CANES over Devils !!!

I honestly believe it doesn't matter, because we have played well against each team (except Philly, the regular seasons series had a lot of OT/SO decided games, and we seemed to come out on the bad end of those), but with Philly's lack of scoring lately I'm not too unsure about them. Whether it's the Devils, Pens, or Flyers, we will definitely give them a run for their money, and probably beat them. I just hope it isn't a 7 game series, honestly, because I want to avoid fatigue early and injuries.

Interesting to note that on tonight's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, an analyst speculated that the Canes started Leighton and didn't go all out for the win today because they wanted to face NJ in the first round as opposed to physical Philly or hot Pittsburgh.

Interesting to note that on tonight's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, an analyst speculated that the Canes started Leighton and didn't go all out for the win today because they wanted to face NJ in the first round as opposed to physical Philly or hot Pittsburgh.

Devils TV commentators basically said the same thing prior to the game. They said because the Canes were starting Leighton, the Canes were basicaly mailing it in.

I actually like that we will be facing the Devils

We are only one away win form home ice advantage :)

Philly and Pittsburgh NEED to sort out their bad blood...go Philly !