The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

FIRST ROUND- vs. Devils - your thoughts

Who're you guys kidding the Caps are most likely going to kill the Rangers.

True.. but he's wishing us luck against the Devils, so its only fitting for us to wish him luck against the Caps.. in the unlikely event they can knock them out we well all be Rangers fans for a day.. LOL :)

Unbelievable, Monday night I'm watching MSG Channel preview of the Playoffs,

And the bald headed tv analysist from the Devils is still harping that the Canes disrepected the Devils in the last game by not starting Ward.

I don't get it, we played them well 3-2, we got 2 bad bonces, and the fact Ward started 28 games in row, why not a rest, and Leighton needed the work, I don't understand what part of that he doesn't get. But if it takes that to fire them up, so be it.

Several Devil players spoke highly of how hot we were the last month and we were a good team,, Marty commented on our Power Forward Staal, and the hard Shots coming from the back (Babs)

GO CANES !!!!!

I guess they figured since Brodeur played (which we all expected to see Clemmers) that it should have been starters vs starters so they could see a playoff preview. But honestly Cam needed some time to sit and stew about the Buffalo game (he plays his best when he is ticked off! LOL)... And since the winning streak was over the poor guy got a break the old fashioned way... HE EARNED IT.

Regardless of what they say.. once the puck drops wendsday it all goes out the window. I think this will be a very hard fought series.. if Carolina can when either game 1 or 2 we might can just steal it from them. The 6/3 and 4/5 matchups are both gonna be too close to call. I think the Canes go 6 and Philly goes 7.

Eh, I thought of it as a strategic move. As much as home ice would have been nice, it didn't look likely at the time of the game, which means Jersey was probably going to be our 1st round opponent.

Assuming this, why would you give them an extra look at Ward? Not only would it rest him for the playoffs, but it wouldn't allow the opponent to finalize/find any new weaknesses in Ward's game.

Ruutu will be our Avery this series (the way he got to Broduer).
Please never ever compare Ruutu (or any other player in the league for that matter) with Avery! :P I wish Marty would've punched Avery in the face when he pulled that stunt in fronto him last year (was that in the POs?). I agree with you though, Ruutu will be an important piece of the puzzle by getting traffic in front, but when you go down our roster, every single man has a job to do, and we need it all.

Eh, I thought of it as a strategic move. As much as home ice would have been nice, it didn't look likely at the time of the game, which means Jersey was probably going to be our 1st round opponent.

Assuming this, why would you give them an extra look at Ward? Not only would it rest him for the playoffs, but it wouldn't allow the opponent to finalize/find any new weaknesses in Ward's game.

I feel the same way. It was a long shot for us to get the 4 spot and whatever the NJ analyst said about "disrespecting them by not playing Ward" (paraphrasing) is just homer talk to fire up the fans. They're also conveniently looking over the fact that Leighton hadn't started a game in 2 months, and you need to have both of your goalies ready for playoffs.

Thanks Ranger fan. This will be a hard fought series but hopefully we will advance. What we did against them in the season is out the window now. We were hot down the stretch and will hopefully get it going again. Best of luck against Ovenchicken and the Crapitals!

I don't think the Rangers will fare well against the Caps because I think the NHL wants to showcase AO and Avery will be penalized for stepping on the ice. The Devils on the other hand are a horrible market and got terrible calls in last year's playoffs, so you may be getting some leniency from the Zebras.

I'm picking the Canes to go to the ECF.

I'm sure the NJ coaches will try to say we didn't start Cam because we preferred playing them. They know better even if they won't admit it. It should be a tough series. I checked out Jerseys site and didn't even see a message board. I just wanted to read and not be a troll and post anything. I can't wait for Wed. I'm so glad Culley is back. Good decision on Mo's part not to move Jokenen. He has played well and earned his spot on that line. Signing him was a really good move on JRs part.

True.. but he's wishing us luck against the Devils, so its only fitting for us to wish him luck against the Caps.. in the unlikely event they can knock them out we well all be Rangers fans for a day.. LOL :)
I am not crazy about the Caps at all but there is no way I would be a Rangers fan for a second :lol: I just hope those two teams just knock the stuffing out of each other.

After a look at the seeds and where we are, I'm not very optimistic about the Canes going deep into the playoffs. Assuming Boston beats Montreal (probably a given) and the Caps beat the Rags (my prediction), we'd be the lowest seed and play Boston. Even if a miracle happened and we won that series, we still wouldn't have home ice against the Caps or either of the Pennsylvania teams. I think the deck is stacked against us. Hope I'm wrong.

Can we do it? yes!!!!! This team has had too good of a late run to just throw it all away in round 1. We need to at least steal either game 1 or 2 , or both, in Newark and then win at our place to win this series.

I'm hoping we go all the way. I was could only listen to the radio when CAR beat MTL, saw the entire Jersey series... watched half of the Buffalo series and went out of town. So if I do all of those things again, maybe we'll win again.

I'm hoping we go all the way. I was could only listen to the radio when CAR beat MTL, saw the entire Jersey series... watched half of the Buffalo series and went out of town. So if I do all of those things again, maybe we'll win again.

see ya! ;)

hahahahaah.

there scared there gunna have to many caniacs at """"The rock"""

and that we are "in for a surprise"..

I believe the Caniacs at The Rock comment was more of a commentary at our low road attendance. But as is stated later in the thread, both teams have had problems with their attendances, and neither should be taking shots at the other because of it.

And I'd be willing to bet they're not as confident as they sound. The fans of both teams know that this series could go either way in any amount of games. Everyone's saying the game will go to 6 or 7 games, but would it surprise anyone if it ended in 5, or even a sweep? Since the playoffs are a whole different beast, no one's got a clue of what to expect from their opponent.

It makes me feel good about the team and their fanbase when I read respectful and intelligent posts as to why the Canes will or won't win the series. I go and read the *edit* the Devils fans are throwing out there and I'm glad and proud of the intelligent fans we have. Well, most of us :lol::rolleyes:

Anyways, looking toward the playoffs again :D

What's with this whole "The Hurricanes Dive" bull that people in Jersey are now complaining about. A quote from a Devils thread, "The PK better be ready. I'm removing all throwable objects from my room to protect my TV because there will be a lot of BS calls on chicken**** dives."

Did all the Panthers fans give up and start rooting for the Devils or something?

What's with this whole "The Hurricanes Dive" bull that people in Jersey are now complaining about. A quote from a Devils thread, "The PK better be ready. I'm removing all throwable objects from my room to protect my TV because there will be a lot of BS calls on chicken**** dives."

Did all the Panthers fans give up and start rooting for the Devils or something?

Saw that a while ago. They're actually pretty good at some of the graphics they come up, but the Panthers fans becoming Devils fans comment you made me laugh.