The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
lcole

Chad on "Day in the Life"

I heard John Forsland mention that Chad LaRose will be on the NHL Network show "Day in the Life". Does anyone know when that will be aired?

I don't believe it has been announced yet, but check the carolinahurricanes.com blog Guy Behind the Guy for media updates. He will eventually tell us when it will air once it is announced.

I can't wait to see the show. I'm sure it'll be a riot.

Here's a pic of Chad with one of my boys. Gotta love the smart-*edit*. lol

Are there any options for those of us that don't have the NHL Network? I've tried to use the NHL Online site, but I can never get it to work.

I don't know of any, but you never know, The Canes might decide to play it on FSN in the future, its pretty good show by the NHL network.

Not the whole thing, but apparently the good part lol.

It includes the makeup and handbag quote

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=38374''>http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=38374' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=38374[/post]

Thanks! That's the first time anything from NHL Online has worked for me. :) They showed that during the second intermission on FSN tonight too - it was especially great considering LaRose's contributions to the game!

I'd love to see the part with his dogs too - I love dogs *and* hockey. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will put the whole thing on YouTube sometime ...

It was a great show. Chad has alot of character and is a real genuine guy. What made it better is that he had two goals the same night the show aired.

Much to the chagrin of some of the nay sayers regarding Chad LaRose, I think we'd be remiss not resigning him. He has played hard all year, and he is beginning to get some production out of his nightly 120% effort. I'm glad NHL Network did the Day in the Life with Chad. He deserves some recognition after a lot of hard work and grit that he displayed this year.

Much to the chagrin of some of the nay sayers regarding Chad LaRose, I think we'd be remiss not resigning him. He has played hard all year, and he is beginning to get some production out of his nightly 120% effort. I'm glad NHL Network did the Day in the Life with Chad. He deserves some recognition after a lot of hard work and grit that he displayed this year.

unfortunately the real recognition may come in the form of a hefty contract that we can't afford or at least not afford and keep Cole and other UFA's - know Ruutu and D - berg are up for contracts, not sure on all the others - unfortunately it looks as though a couple of guys have played themselves right off the team, in a positive way that is.

Some guys don't care about the money as much as you may think. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know what can happen at arbitration. Look what Hossa did, took a massive pay cut to play where he wanted to be. I'm sure the Pittsburgh fans hate that.

I'm a big fan of Chad LaRose. I flat out asked Jim Ruthford at the Carolina Fund Raiser if he planned to sign Chad.

His response to me was "Yes, Chad is having a good year. We have 3 players we wish to resign, LaRose, Ruutu and Cole."

I spoke to Chad the same evening. He loves it here and loves the Hurricane Fans. He would like to stay.

That being said, it's all about money. When you play in the pro's your career can be cut short by an injury. You need to review your options, you could Love North Carolina, have family here and wish to stay. But, when it comes to signing the contract Money Talks.

Will the Canes value Chad as much as another team. Let's Hope.

Chad works hard, he plays hard and its shows, and he's a nice funny guy....but he is SMART.

He sells tickets and helps us win games. Can he help the club make money, that's the bottom line.