The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bogey1-ch1

Sunday Night

Any word on Colors for Sunday.........

Chip Alexander from the News and Observer said in his Wednesday chat that the 'Canes would not wear their black sweaters during the playoffs.

I disagree with this. We should wear black at least once more at home. Increased visibility in the playoffs leading to increased sales. It's a money thing. Sorry, but when you have a team that doesn't make money unless they go deep in the playoffs, you have to make it somewhere.

I disagree with this. We should wear black at least once more at home. Increased visibility in the playoffs leading to increased sales. It's a money thing. Sorry, but when you have a team that doesn't make money unless they go deep in the playoffs, you have to make it somewhere.

Except the black jerseys look godawful on television. If anything, it'd push people away from wanting to buy them.

The team wore their black jerseys in 16 games this year (I believe), 15 of them at home. 15 out of 41 home games is plenty of time for fans to get a good lock on whether or not they want the jersey. Having an additional playoff game with them won't change that.

How many times did we wear them during that long winning stretch? Just curious. Red is our home jersey but I don't see anything wrong with wearing the black if the players want it. It should be up to them.

How many of our black jersey games were nationally televised??

We get more coverage during the playoffs, therefore more people see them vs. the limited number that see them in season. Just my thought. Plus, I LOVE IT!!

can't, NHL said its all games or no games, they elected no games.

Ice Frog...you are close but incorrect on the number of times the Hurricanes wore the black jerseys this season. They wore them 15 times at home and 2 games on the road (I think the opponents were the Flyers and Rangers those away games)....either way I wish that the Hurricanes could wear the black ones at least once in the playoffs.

The Black Jerseys need to be tweaked a little bit...I am not crazy about the red letters on the back which are hard to see....it would be better if the numbers were in grey with red trim instead from a being able to see standpoint....it is very confusing from where i sit in the "Storm Shelter" of the upper deck to see some players going up and down the ice.

I thought they would sport the black jerseys as well tonight. A bad idea not to wear them in the playoffs I think. Plenty of exposure to get the word out about them. Maybe there will be a change on Tuesday night.