The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canes-Fan-09

The Lame Lexus Champions Club

The Canes do sell those tickets. Most of the seats are owned by businesses, so if they can't find anyone to go, then no one will be in those seats. There is also all those tables and lounges as well as a bar for people to sit instead of the seats. I'm not sure how many of those are sold every game, but I do not believe Lexus owns them, it is just businesses.

Lexus is just the sponsor.. they don't own the seats.

They are probably way over priced for the current business market to afford.

Note, that per the pricing brochure, they are indeed the most expensive priced seats at the gate. with the exception of Row 1.

$200 champions club preferred.

$180 champions club

As compared to Row 1 seats = $200

As I looked around the RBC center tonight I noticed a few things. The RBC Center was rocking with Canes fans all waving their towels. The crowd was enthusiastic and there weren't many empty seats in the house. Then I noticed the Lexus Champions club. Not but a handful of people in the whole section. What an embarrassment! I've sat there once this year by buying tickets from Craigslist and I can honestly say that the clientele up there tend to be some of the lamest Canes fans in the RTP.

What can be done to make sure Johnson Lexus fills those seats? If they can't fill them, I say the Canes sell those seats.

Anybody know why those seats always appear almost empty?

wonder if you were the same person on the radio after the game whining about that, those are expensive seats!! Gate price starts at $200 PER SEAT, at that price you and ten of your best friends can sit in 334 so which would you rather do? as stated, Johnson Lexus does not own those seats, they just sponsor the section. It is up to fans with REAL REAL deep pockets to fill the section. btw, it cost $6,000+ per seat for the entire season.

Were you the guy who called into one of the "after game" shows on one of the radio stations? If so and by your first post, you got many things wrong. First, Lexus Corp. is the sponsor, not Johnson Lexus. The local dealership does not sell tickets in the box, the Canes sell the tickets.

The key this big suite is corporations can have a suite experience while purchasing a ticket at a time. Instead of buying a 12 or 16 or 24 person suite, a company can buy 4 tickets in a higher level corporate experience.

Lexus paid the Canes around $500K per year to have the Big suite named after them. I have sat there and people may not be wild and crazy but a lot of times, there are corporate people who don't want some guy yelling "Ref you sux" and worse in the seat behind them. I do not and especially if you want my business.

What you don't see in the Lexus suite is how many people are back at the tables or bars and then going back to their seats. The thing I have noticed sitting there is how you spend some time at the bar, some time at the table, at the food rack, or in your seat.

My opinion and I follow the business of hockey and the Canes almost as much as I do the hockey team (STH since 2000), the Lexus club is a pretty "suite/sweet" gig and serves a purpose.

I have been to a lot of games in other cities in corporate situations. While I like the team playing, I am not in a do or die mode like I might be with the Canes. I am a good fan but the last thing I want is to have some drunk bozo yelling in my ear, spilling beer on me.

I have been to a lot of games in other cities in corporate situations. While I like the team playing, I am not in a do or die mode like I might be with the Canes. I am a good fan but the last thing I want is to have some drunk bozo yelling in my ear, spilling beer on me.

Sounds like a Rangers game! Fun time, but very blue collar and occasionally quite offensive. One of the only stadiums in the league that has "family only" sections (at least they did in the early 1990's).

I do wish they could find someone to fill those seats, the place was packed except for that one section. I know they don't want to give them away but......c'mon...you can't just not use them at all, it is the PLAYOFFS!!!

I do wish they could find someone to fill those seats, the place was packed except for that one section. I know they don't want to give them away but......c'mon...you can't just not use them at all, it is the PLAYOFFS!!!

But who is gonna pony up $200+ per seat? I know that is too rich for me!!

I almost feel like I'm going to disappoint somebody by saying this, but no it wasn't me who called into the after game radio show. I wish I would have heard it though. Sounds like it must have been interesting.

It appears that my understanding of Johnson Lexus having a large # of seats in that area is incorrect. The person who sold me two tickets earlier this year in the section said they came from Johnson Lexus when he bought his car. So by assumption I thought most the section must be theirs.

My only complaint was that the section seemed empty when the rest of the RBC was packed. I completely understand that they are more expensive then most seats in the RBC. I've sat on the glass for 3 games this year and am fine paying for the priveledge. What bothers me is that you can tell by just looking that the section isn't sold out, yet you can't buy the tickets at ticketmaster or the RBC box office. What's it take to get to buy those tickets? Also, I noticed they didn't take any one from the 300 section and move them in the Lexus section last night like they normally do. Wonder why?

As far as people yelling in your ear or spilling beer on you at games. I've been to every home game in 2009 and have never had a fan spill on me or curse in my ear. The only not so pleasant experience I've had was a female Buffalo fan who was whistling so loud her kids were asking her to stop. I grabbed my wife some ear plugs and chalked it up to hockey.

My whole point of my original post is that at time when we are in the playoffs, we should be packing the house. It's sad to see that section be so empty. Kinda makes the RTP look foolish. You won't see that in DC, Pittsburgh, Philly or NJ.

You won't see that in DC, Pittsburgh, Philly or NJ.
Actually, NJ has the same thing except their big black empty seats are at center ice. There's no way to tell how many seats are actually sold up there in the Champions club because they have the option of sitting at tables with big plasma screens, a buffet and a full service bar. I agree that it looks bad to see the seats open but it doesnt mean they arent sold.

I heard this on Mikes radio show last night, and I have to agree. Of course, we don't know how many people are actually up there, because they don't have to sit out front, and many tickets are pre-sold, and they don't have to be there.(They refers to ticket holders for the LCC). I personally think it is a bad idea...

Sounds like a Rangers game! Fun time, but very blue collar and occasionally quite offensive. One of the only stadiums in the league that has "family only" sections (at least they did in the early 1990's).

Wish I was lucky to have a "family" seat back in 06 against Buffalo...that Sabres drunkard spilled beer right on my team signed jersey :angry:

as for other empty seats....i sat in section 102 last night and i noticed that there were several rows empty in 118 and 111. i did go to ticketmaster yesterday just because i was curious and there were no tickets.....

tom sutter was just talking on the radio about how how it was not sold out, but i thought it was....

Wish I was lucky to have a "family" seat back in 06 against Buffalo...that Sabres drunkard spilled beer right on my team signed jersey :angry:

Beer spilling reminds me of my experience last night. The guy sitting next to me splashed a bit of beer on me when Bayda scored. He quickly apologized.

I said, "No problem, I guess that's why they gave us these towels."

Later, when Dancing Granny was putting on her 'performance', he stood up and during his cat calls sloshed some beer my way again. He apologized again.

I quipped, "If you can't hold your Dancing Granny, you've had too much." :D

Thankfully he swapped places with his girlfriend after that.

Aren't those Lexus Championship Club seats already paid for? If that's true, that means a bunch of people got very good seats, free food and drinks, and VIP parking for free and never bothered to use it or if they knew they couldn't make it, give them to someone else who would appreciate it. For that, from me, they get a coffee

A couple points of clarification....

1)There was NO ONE in the LCC last night Not at the rail, not at the buffet, not at the tables, not in the bathrooms, not anywhere. I can see very well from the rail to the back.

2)Most all of those seats are "corporate" purchases and are just like any other STH tickets they are re-upped for the playoffs. Many Corporations chose not to re-up and you will continue to see empty seats up there for the duration or until some companies decide they want to purchase a seat or two for customers/clients.

Don't knock it til you try it... It's actually quite nice having the drinks and the dinner all taken care of but the "fan participation" is somewhat lacking as it it is in most of the club boxes. Remember it takes all kinds of revenue streams and people to support the hockey club.

For the price, I consider my seat in row N of 130 to be a fairly good deal. For more than twice the ticket price. why would I want a seat in the Lexus Club unless the food is the equivalent of a two star restaurant?

For the price, I consider my seat in row N of 130 to be a fairly good deal. For more than twice the ticket price. why would I want a seat in the Lexus Club unless the food is the equivalent of a two star restaurant?

It might be something cool to do about once a year, maybe New Years or something. But I'm like ya'll, I like where I sit for the price.

What makes me angry is the free t's always go right to the one dude in the lexus suites :angry:

:lol:

seriously, if I had the seats, I would sit and watch the game in my seat while the game was playing (bonus those chairs look really comfortable...), then go to food / bar during the intermissions... but I guess some people gotta have their booze 24/7 :P

as for other empty seats....i sat in section 102 last night and i noticed that there were several rows empty in 118 and 111. i did go to ticketmaster yesterday just because i was curious and there were no tickets.....

tom sutter was just talking on the radio about how how it was not sold out, but i thought it was....

I heard that as well, and thought it odd. Like you, I had checked on Ticketmaster, both Saturday and Sunday - and got the message that there were no tickets available,. But if you check the official attendance, it wasn't sold out. Hopefully whatever glitch was going on with Ticketmaster will be resolved. (Perhaps it is - there are still tickets available.)

actually closer to five star but i am a burger and fries kinda guy so i am not willing to pay that price.

I've been there and it's real nice, but lacks the intensity in the "real" sections of the arena. Last game I watched PK outside the owners box for quite a while. Boy, he sure likes Skittles.

I heard that as well, and thought it odd. Like you, I had checked on Ticketmaster, both Saturday and Sunday - and got the message that there were no tickets available,. But if you check the official attendance, it wasn't sold out. Hopefully whatever glitch was going on with Ticketmaster will be resolved. (Perhaps it is - there are still tickets available.)

The game was about 700 or so seats short of a sell out.

Many tickets go on sales or get released closer to the game time. Corporate seats and NHL seats and other team seats get released. Ticketmaster may show no seats or no 2 seats beside each other but as it gets closer, they get released.

actually closer to five star but i am a burger and fries kinda guy so i am not willing to pay that price.

The food is quite nice. Great for corporate seating. I was invited tonight to go eat dinner at the Arena Club. Cost is around $30. It is a corporate thing but not sure I can make it.

To maintain a team in pro sports, you need all kinds of fans and seats and food. The LCC and arena club are just some of them.